KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Music Discussion » Ska-Punk

Ska-Punk?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Love Ska-Punk! 7 53.85%
Love Reel Big Fish! 2 15.38%
Love RBF and all other Ska-Punk-bands too!! 1 7.69%
Hate RBF, and Ska-Punk generally... 3 23.08%
I donīt listen to any music... 0 0%
Total: 13 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Ska-Punk
Started by: Otus

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Otus
A come-back maker!

Ska-Punk

Anybody listens to Ska-Punk?? I listen to one of the most famous (as I know...) Ska-Punk-bands, Reel Big Fish. Itīs just so good music!! You just canīt feel sad when listening to their music.

Old Post Mar 29th, 2006 09:16 PM
Otus is currently offline Click here to Send Otus a Private Message Find more posts by Otus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Otus
A come-back maker!

Damn, no-one has sent reply... sad

Old Post Mar 30th, 2006 09:48 PM
Otus is currently offline Click here to Send Otus a Private Message Find more posts by Otus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PINBALL

The only sca i like is dropkick murphys real big fish....okay i gues...

Old Post Mar 30th, 2006 11:08 PM
PINBALL is currently offline Click here to Send PINBALL a Private Message Find more posts by PINBALL Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Otus
A come-back maker!

By the way, itīs REEL BIG FISH, not "real"...

Old Post Mar 31st, 2006 11:45 PM
PINBALL

whatever...

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2006 02:44 AM
PINBALL is currently offline Click here to Send PINBALL a Private Message Find more posts by PINBALL Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eis
androgynous mind

The only ska-punk band I like is Ska-P.

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2006 12:27 PM
Eis is currently offline Click here to Send Eis a Private Message Find more posts by Eis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
..:Sn0w:..

I like Sublime..um and some other ones I forget there names.

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2006 08:46 PM
..:Sn0w:.. is currently offline Click here to Send ..:Sn0w:.. a Private Message Find more posts by ..:Sn0w:.. Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cool_dudes_rule

what is ska-punk? well i think ive heard reel big fish before, not sure.

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2006 07:52 AM
cool_dudes_rule is currently offline Click here to Send cool_dudes_rule a Private Message Find more posts by cool_dudes_rule Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PINBALL

Ska punk is punk with horns and other stuff like that.

Old Post Apr 11th, 2006 04:12 AM
~Flamboyant~
Out of my element

I used to be into Ska (Call it ska for short. Its alot easier) Some good ska bands are: Reel Big Fish, Skankin' Pickle, Mustard Plug, The Toasters, Catch 22, The Aquabats (my favorite), Big D and the Kids Table, and Streetlight Manifesto.

Ska is basically punk with weird twist. The highest pitched strings on the guitar are mostly used, and horns are added. Horns as in, Trumpets, Trombones, Tubas, and Baritones. Most ska bands have a Saxophone player too. (Usually Baritone sax) I saw a ska band once with a Clarinet player. Anyway, ska is known for its overall being different than any type of genre. Avid ska fans and bands usually like to wear bright, flashy, unmatching clothes. And of course something with a checkerboard design, as checker is sybol of ska.

I love you IceJaw for making me the sig!

Old Post Apr 17th, 2006 03:19 AM
~Flamboyant~ is currently offline Click here to Send ~Flamboyant~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~Flamboyant~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
el_barto
I'm So Bored With the USA

I like ska, The Mighty Mighty Bosstones, Operation Ivy, Mustard Plug, and Assorted Jelly Beans are my favourites.

You Call This a New Way of Thinking? I Call This Regression to Ignorance.

Old Post Apr 17th, 2006 01:06 PM
el_barto is currently offline Click here to Send el_barto a Private Message Find more posts by el_barto Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Evil Dead
Enemy of the Gospel

no such thing as ska-punk as punk isn't a musical genre......whereas ska actually is, a mixture of reggae and jazz. Punk was a social movement.........many punks never, ever played an instrument in their life. Those who did played rock music......."punk music" was simply music played by punks.......be it rock, pop or country-western. Hell, a group of punks hanging together playing covers of Elvis Presley and Johnny Cash songs is punk music as it is merely music played by punks.

I used to dig ska. I listened to alot of skankin' pickle, bosstones, ruder than you, etc......

Old Post May 8th, 2006 02:20 PM
Evil Dead is currently offline Click here to Send Evil Dead a Private Message Find more posts by Evil Dead Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
fruits
Regenbogenfarben

well, i'm in a ska band, love ska. mustard plugs, catch 22, less than jake, reel big fish, forces of evil, and the mighty mighty bosstones are just a few of my fav ska bands. ska was like, really big just a few years ago and then now it's kind of died and there's definantly less fans, but im one. it's just such upbeat hip music, don't see how you coudln't like it.

Old Post May 29th, 2006 10:48 PM
fruits is currently offline Click here to Send fruits a Private Message Find more posts by fruits Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AlkalineTrioRox
Forever Laughing

ALKALINE TRIO! Doez anyone agree with me? Come on people! rock

...by the way, Otus...Ur sig turns me on... devil

Old Post May 31st, 2006 10:15 PM
AlkalineTrioRox is currently offline Click here to Send AlkalineTrioRox a Private Message Find more posts by AlkalineTrioRox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SnakeEyes
Connoisseur

Alkaline Trio is not ska...

"Nothing is ever as good as you can imagine it."

Old Post May 31st, 2006 10:26 PM
SnakeEyes is currently offline Click here to Send SnakeEyes a Private Message Find more posts by SnakeEyes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PINBALL

Alkaline don't be so stupid,,,

Old Post Jun 1st, 2006 03:02 AM
Burner
Rude Boy

I ****ing love Ska. Five Iron Frenzy is my favorite band ever. Others I love are Catch 22, The Mighty Mighty Bosstones, The Aquabats, Buck-O-Nine, Goldfinger, The Planet Smashers, Reel BIg Fish, The Skatalites, The Slackers, The Specials, and The Toasters. I need more.

<3 Ska

I also like Punk music a lot, but I lack a good amount of it.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2006 07:00 PM
Burner is currently offline Click here to Send Burner a Private Message Find more posts by Burner Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RedAlertv2

I like Operation Ivy, Less Than Jake, the Aquabats, and Sublime. But thats about it

How Could Hell Be Any Worse?

Old Post Aug 21st, 2006 11:21 PM
RedAlertv2 is currently offline Click here to Send RedAlertv2 a Private Message Find more posts by RedAlertv2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~Flamboyant~
Out of my element

The Aquabats have to be the coolest people that have ever existed.

I love you IceJaw for making me the sig!

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2006 05:43 PM
~Flamboyant~ is currently offline Click here to Send ~Flamboyant~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~Flamboyant~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
§P0oONY

quote: (post)
Originally posted by ~Flamboyant~
The Aquabats have to be the coolest people that have ever existed.

yes

I met them after a gig.... shook hands with them and everything... They're also kick ass live.

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2006 06:08 PM
§P0oONY is currently offline Click here to Send §P0oONY a Private Message Find more posts by §P0oONY Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote