KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Music Discussion » New Audioslave Album

New Audioslave Album
Started by: SnakeEyes

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
SnakeEyes
Connoisseur

New Audioslave Album

"Nothing is ever as good as you can imagine it."

Old Post Apr 8th, 2006 07:55 PM
SnakeEyes is currently offline Click here to Send SnakeEyes a Private Message Find more posts by SnakeEyes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

Old news.

It's likely to be called Revelations according to Cornell. I can sense a lot of people disliking it because he said it's taken a more soulful, almost R&B route due to all of his favourite singers being in that genre.

A style that will suit Morello I think.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

I review comics and such here: http://welcometothemast.blogspot.com

Old Post Apr 8th, 2006 09:16 PM
Alpha Centauri is currently offline Click here to Send Alpha Centauri a Private Message Find more posts by Alpha Centauri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Revan
-

Somehow it worries me that they're coming out with a new album so soon after Out of Exile. I fear it will suck...

having nothing but a hyphen under my name makes me look so xhardxcorex. like a felon.

Old Post Apr 9th, 2006 02:07 AM
Darth Revan is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Revan a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Revan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RedAlertv2

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
Old news.

It's likely to be called Revelations according to Cornell. I can sense a lot of people disliking it because he said it's taken a more soulful, almost R&B route due to all of his favourite singers being in that genre.

A style that will suit Morello I think.

-AC

Yeah I read that too but Morello is calling it a hard rock album. Either way, Im looking forward to it.

How Could Hell Be Any Worse?

Old Post Apr 9th, 2006 02:35 AM
RedAlertv2 is currently offline Click here to Send RedAlertv2 a Private Message Find more posts by RedAlertv2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Darth Revan
Somehow it worries me that they're coming out with a new album so soon after Out of Exile. I fear it will suck...

Why?

System of a Down already proved that if you have the talent it doesn't matter when you bring out a new album. They did two in a year, and both were candidates for best album of that year.

That said, I seriously doubt that anything Audioslave put out, will "suck".

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

Old Post Apr 9th, 2006 03:20 AM
Alpha Centauri is currently offline Click here to Send Alpha Centauri a Private Message Find more posts by Alpha Centauri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
el_barto
I'm So Bored With the USA

Soundgarden and Rage Against the Machine are much better bands then Audioslave.

You Call This a New Way of Thinking? I Call This Regression to Ignorance.

Old Post Apr 9th, 2006 04:10 AM
el_barto is currently offline Click here to Send el_barto a Private Message Find more posts by el_barto Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

I think Audioslave have made much better music in two albums than Soundgarden did in all of theirs.

Soundgarden at their peak may...MAY have been a better band, but I don't think they are overall. As for Rage, you've gotta remember that Rage more or less created an entire genre with their debut album. Audioslave are making music in an already existing genre, so it doesn't stand out as much. I think this next album might be what sets them apart.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

Old Post Apr 9th, 2006 04:22 AM
RedAlertv2

Rage are the best of the three by far. Audioslave are second, in my opinion.

Old Post Apr 9th, 2006 04:24 AM
RedAlertv2 is currently offline Click here to Send RedAlertv2 a Private Message Find more posts by RedAlertv2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ya Krunk'd Floo
Moving with the swell.

That sounds spectacular to me. Audioslave are so close to my idea of a perfect band. I'm sure it will be excellent.

Nothing of him that doth fade
But doth suffer a sea-change
Into something rich and strange.

Old Post Apr 9th, 2006 04:54 AM
Ya Krunk'd Floo is currently offline Click here to Send Ya Krunk'd Floo a Private Message Find more posts by Ya Krunk'd Floo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Revan
-

Why?

System of a Down already proved that if you have the talent it doesn't matter when you bring out a new album. They did two in a year, and both were candidates for best album of that year.

That said, I seriously doubt that anything Audioslave put out, will "suck".

-AC

You can't really compare it to Mezmerize/Hypnotize, because that was basically just one really long album that they released at two different times. It was all written and recorded at once.

I also doubt it will suck at all, it just seems a little... rushed.

having nothing but a hyphen under my name makes me look so xhardxcorex. like a felon.

Old Post Apr 10th, 2006 01:18 AM
Darth Revan is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Revan a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Revan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

It's still a matter of productivity. They could have released Hypnotize a year later, wouldn't have mattered.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

Old Post Apr 10th, 2006 02:03 AM
Mr. Sandman
Sintastic

Originally posted by RedAlertv2
Rage are the best of the three by far. Audioslave are second, in my opinion.

Word

Old Post Apr 10th, 2006 02:22 AM
Mr. Sandman is currently offline Click here to Send Mr. Sandman a Private Message Find more posts by Mr. Sandman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Valharu
Where's my beer woman????

Soundgarden will always reign supreme compared to rage and Audio Slave. And Morello has to get over himself and play some decent solos.

Old Post Apr 10th, 2006 06:54 AM
Valharu is currently offline Click here to Send Valharu a Private Message Find more posts by Valharu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

Soundgarden aren't better than Rage by any stretch of the imagination, to me at least.

Second, Tom doesn't HAVE to do anything. He's managed to be regarded as one of the best guitarists of modern times off the back of his work so far, so I think he's doing just fine. You need to get over YOURSELF, it sounds like.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

Old Post Apr 10th, 2006 12:45 PM
RedAlertv2

Originally posted by Valharu
Morello has to get over himself and play some decent solos.

What the hell?

Old Post Apr 10th, 2006 01:08 PM
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

I just realised the further irony there.

Surely if someone played too many "Look at me!" solos, THEN they would need to get over themselves, right? Not someone who focuses more on making the music great for the band as a whole.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

Old Post Apr 10th, 2006 01:50 PM
Valharu

I'm not saying Morello isn't a bad guitarist. I just find his solos too self absorbed. Personal taste, half his shit destroys the melody and flow of the song. Those are my views.

Old Post Apr 11th, 2006 02:58 AM
Valharu is currently offline Click here to Send Valharu a Private Message Find more posts by Valharu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

What solos? I swear you said he needs to do more to get OVER himself, now you're saying his solos are too self-absorbed? Make your mind up.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

Old Post Apr 11th, 2006 03:11 AM
Valharu

What solos? I swear you said he needs to do more to get OVER himself, now you're saying his solos are too self-absorbed? Make your mind up.

-AC
AC, scroll up the page a few inches and read my post again. It isnt hard mate. I think his music is out of sink with the flow of the songs. Fine with Rage, but not with Cornell's style. My opinion.

Old Post Apr 11th, 2006 03:22 AM
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

You said he needs to get over himself and play some decent solos, but then complained about him playing solos.

This can mean that you don't think his solos are decent now because he's too self-absorbed? I honestly don't see how you can deduce that from the music. I'm further puzzled at how you can say "Fine with Rage" as if he's working with different band members.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

Old Post Apr 11th, 2006 03:25 AM