KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Music Discussion » Proof, of D12, shot and killed

Proof, of D12, shot and killed
Started by: Morgoths_Wrath

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Morgoths_Wrath

Proof, of D12, shot and killed

quote: (post)
DETROIT (AP) - Proof, a member of rap group D12 and a close friend of Eminem, was shot to death early Tuesday at a nightclub along Eight Mile, the road made famous by the 2002 film that starred Eminem and in which Proof had a bit part.

The death of Proof - real name Deshaun Holton - was confirmed by Dennis Dennehy, the publicist for D12's label, Interscope Records, as well as by Detroit police spokesman James Tate.

"Memorial service arrangements are still being made, and his friends and family would appreciate privacy during this difficult time," Dennehy said in a statement.

Eminem and Proof, 32, seldom were seen in public without each other. Proof was the best man at Eminem's wedding in January, and they have been close friends since before Eminem became a superstar.

The music video for the Eminem song "Like Toy Soldiers" shows Eminem pacing a hospital hallway as doctors try to revive Proof, who has been shot. Later, Eminem attends Proof's funeral as the song's lyrics lament the escalation in violence between rappers.

It was Proof's idea to form D12, a six-member Detroit-based rap group that counts Eminem among its members.

D12 has been around since the mid-1990s, when the members met at Detroit's Hip-Hop Shop, a clothing store by day/hip-hop club by night.

Proof's family members gathered at a home on Detroit's northwest side after hearing the news of his death. The residential street in front of the two-story home was lined with vehicles, and people hugged each other on the sidewalk.

Proof was shot inside a small bar in a strip of businesses along Eight Mile, which is the dividing line between Detroit and its northern suburbs. Tate said two people were shot in the head - one fatally. He said an argument at the C.C.C. nightclub escalated into gunshots.

The other victim - a 35-year-old man - was listed in critical condition, Tate said.

Wende Berry, a spokeswoman for St. John Health System, said Holton was dead on arrival at St. John Conner Creek, an outpatient treatment facility. Berry confirmed that he had a gunshot wound.

Police said shots were fired inside the bar around 4:30 a.m. By the time officers arrived, both of the injured men had been taken from the bar in private vehicles, Tate said.

Evidence technicians and detectives remained inside the bar Tuesday morning. A spot of blood was on the street in front of the tavern, and police marked shell casings in a parking lot across the street.

Patrol officers said the bar is a frequent source of problems on the city's east side. Tate said police have taken 18 incident reports there since 1996. The latest was a vice raid in December in which six tickets were issued, most involving minors possessing or drinking alcohol.

The bar, he said, was legal, but was operating outside of its licensed hours.

Another member of Eminem's inner circle - rapper Obie Trice - was shot while driving on a Detroit-area highway in December.

Proof: shot and killed

RIP

Old Post Apr 11th, 2006 07:00 PM
Morgoths_Wrath is currently offline Click here to Send Morgoths_Wrath a Private Message Find more posts by Morgoths_Wrath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lil bitchiness
-

Never listened to D12, but R.I.P Proof.

في هذا العالم ثلاثة أشخاص أفسدوا البشرية : راعي غنم , طبيب و راكب الجمال , و راكب الجمال هو أسوأ نشال و أسوأ مشعوذ بين الثلاثة

Old Post Apr 11th, 2006 07:03 PM
lil bitchiness is currently offline Click here to Send lil bitchiness a Private Message Find more posts by lil bitchiness Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
A Hero's Fate
The Legend Ends

i just found dis out wgen i was on cnn.com r.i.p. proof

Old Post Apr 11th, 2006 09:50 PM
A Hero's Fate is currently offline Click here to Send A Hero's Fate a Private Message Find more posts by A Hero's Fate Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr. Leg Kick
Aesculapius

yea heard about it this morning

only good mc out of D12

Life is short and the art long, the occasion instant, experiment perilous, decision difficult.

Old Post Apr 12th, 2006 12:40 AM
Dr. Leg Kick is currently offline Click here to Send Dr. Leg Kick a Private Message Find more posts by Dr. Leg Kick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sithsaber408
Intelligently Designed

Coupling this with his recent re-divorce of Kim, I think we can expect a new album from the old Slim Shady.

This sucks, Proof seemed cool as hell, kind of a laid back stoner guy who rapped pretty well.

R.I.P. Proof.

www.impactchurch.info

Old Post Apr 12th, 2006 01:07 AM
sithsaber408 is currently offline Click here to Send sithsaber408 a Private Message Find more posts by sithsaber408 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
..:Sn0w:..

(please log in to view the image)

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH Its true.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

OMG This feels like I lost a boy.

Listening to him an Em freestyle is all me and my boys used to do in the car and at home during high school.

RIP Hampster Man.

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Apr 12th, 2006 03:33 AM
..:Sn0w:.. is currently offline Click here to Send ..:Sn0w:.. a Private Message Find more posts by ..:Sn0w:.. Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr. Leg Kick
Aesculapius

lmao @ lost a boy

cmon...

Life is short and the art long, the occasion instant, experiment perilous, decision difficult.

Old Post Apr 12th, 2006 03:36 AM
Dr. Leg Kick is currently offline Click here to Send Dr. Leg Kick a Private Message Find more posts by Dr. Leg Kick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phat J

i wasnt gonna say anything, but yeah taht was pretty funny

Old Post Apr 12th, 2006 03:46 AM
Phat J is currently offline Click here to Send Phat J a Private Message Find more posts by Phat J Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

Suckage...

Are they gonna rename the "band" D10 now or find someone to replace him?

Old Post Apr 12th, 2006 03:59 AM
LanceWindu is currently offline Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr. Leg Kick
Aesculapius

Originally posted by LanceWindu
Suckage...

Are they gonna rename the "band" D10 now or find someone to replace him?
he's not the first member in the group to die. one of the other members died around 99' when they weren't popular.

Old Post Apr 12th, 2006 05:34 AM
LanceWindu

Originally posted by -hh-
he's not the first member in the group to die. one of the other members died around 99' when they weren't popular.

Yeah, but weren't there still 6 of them with Eminem?

Old Post Apr 12th, 2006 05:54 AM
LanceWindu is currently offline Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Afro Cheese

Em replaced Bugz (the first member to die).

Old Post Apr 12th, 2006 05:59 AM
Afro Cheese is currently offline Click here to Send Afro Cheese a Private Message Find more posts by Afro Cheese Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

So they were still the Dirty Dozen, now they aren't.

Old Post Apr 12th, 2006 06:21 AM
Afro Cheese

Yeah, I don't know if they'll change the name or not.

Old Post Apr 12th, 2006 06:37 AM
Afro Cheese is currently offline Click here to Send Afro Cheese a Private Message Find more posts by Afro Cheese Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
papabeard
tHe RiVeRmaN

R.I.P.

Old Post Apr 12th, 2006 07:59 AM
papabeard is currently offline Click here to Send papabeard a Private Message Find more posts by papabeard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FistOfThe North

Police Say Dead Rapper Proof Fired First

Wed Apr. 12

DETROIT - Rapper Proof fired the first bullet in a Detroit nightclub shootout that ended his life, police said Wednesday.

The bullet hit Keith Bender, 35, in the head, critically injuring him early Tuesday at the C.C.C., a bar in a strip of businesses along Eight Mile, the road made famous in Eminem's movie of the same name.

Proof, whose real name is Deshaun Holton, was taken to a nearby outpatient treatment center by a private car, where he was pronounced dead.

Detectives are currently trying to figure out who shot Proof, said Detroit police spokesman Sgt. Omar Feliciano. He said his office was told by homicide detectives that Proof fired the first shot at Bender.

Feliciano said no further information has been released.

Proof, 32, was a member of the rap group D12 and was the best man in Eminem's January wedding. Eminem was seldom seen in public without Proof.

Police said officers responding to 911 calls about 4:30 a.m. Tuesday found the bar empty when they arrived.

Bender also was taken to a hospital by a private car.

Police Chief Ella Bully-Cummings said Tuesday that detectives don't know what Proof was doing at the bar, which was operating outside of its licensed hours. Investigators face a unique challenge because no victims were present at the crime scene, Bully-Cummings said.

Police have said that an argument between two parties at the club escalated into gunfire.

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post Apr 12th, 2006 08:29 PM
FistOfThe North is currently offline Click here to Send FistOfThe North a Private Message Find more posts by FistOfThe North Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
streekz
King of Otherworld

they might not rename the group, as eminem is retired and now proof dead they might just call it a day..
im gutted that he's gone.. R.I.P Proof. you tha man!!

Respect Judge Dredd

Old Post Apr 12th, 2006 09:05 PM
streekz is currently offline Click here to Send streekz a Private Message Find more posts by streekz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
k00L kiD
life is a dream

I think it was one of Royce Da 5'9 entourage. On that Beef show they showed how Royce beef with D12 escalated to the point all of Royce's guards always had at least 3 guns on them.

Old Post Apr 12th, 2006 09:05 PM
k00L kiD is currently offline Click here to Send k00L kiD a Private Message Find more posts by k00L kiD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scarecrow756
The Joker

R.I.P Proof you will be remembered.

"STARTING TONIGHT PEOPLE WILL DIE.. I`M A MAN OF MY WORD"-
THE JOKER- THE DARK KNIGHT TEASER TRAILER

Old Post Apr 13th, 2006 10:38 AM
Scarecrow756 is currently offline Click here to Send Scarecrow756 a Private Message Find more posts by Scarecrow756 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kallark-Kent
Symbiote

R.I.P Proof

With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility
Arcade Mountain: The Best Arcade About

Old Post Apr 13th, 2006 10:58 AM
Kallark-Kent is currently offline Click here to Send Kallark-Kent a Private Message Find more posts by Kallark-Kent Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote