KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Music Discussion » McFLY

McFLY
Started by: O Green World

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
BananaKing
Your soul.

McFLY

Now, I know alot of you people like metal & rock etc, and you don't like McFLY because so many girls like em etc, well here's my explanation 4 it:
1. People like McFLY because they have a good sense of humour.
2. People like McFLY because they make good music (it makes sense, since their inspirations are the Beatles, Blink 182, Green Day, Lost Prophets)
3. Some people also like McFLY because they can make a good song using simple chords and without swearing.

In their first album, McFLY speak the minds of many teenage lads, in their second album however they speak from teh mind of a more older person, lol.
You know what i'd find really funny, if a metal band turns out to like McFLY, lol...

Don't ask me why i posted this, i just thought i'd prove a point...

Old Post Apr 13th, 2006 03:23 PM
BananaKing is currently offline Click here to Send BananaKing a Private Message Find more posts by BananaKing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

You did prove a point, thought likely not the one you had intended to prove.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

I review comics and such here: http://welcometothemast.blogspot.com

Old Post Apr 13th, 2006 03:30 PM
Alpha Centauri is currently offline Click here to Send Alpha Centauri a Private Message Find more posts by Alpha Centauri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Victor Von Doom
Latverian Diplomat

Re: McFLY

quote: (post)
Originally posted by O Green World
Now, I know alot of you people like metal & rock etc, and you don't like McFLY because so many girls like em

Pr-probably not the reason people don't like them.

Old Post Apr 13th, 2006 04:17 PM
Victor Von Doom is currently offline Click here to Send Victor Von Doom a Private Message Find more posts by Victor Von Doom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

oh man...this aint gonna be pretty

you see there are several problems here

point 1...the sense of humour one...mmm...i'm led to believe that hitler was a good craic down the local...never really made him that good a politician though...neither does having a sense of humour make you a good musician...unless you're Bill Bailly

point 2: that kind of assumes that blink182, greenday, the beatles and the lost prophets make good music with which to be influenced by...did i just hear a bubble burst?... hell, britney spears could like listening to Hendrix or jeff buckley...would this make her music good

point 3: well we dont really need to delve to deeply into the "good songs" point...bit self evident really

as for the point about singing about what teenage boys think...cant say the following lyrics really ring true about what i was thinking when i was a teenager

Everything was going just the way I planned
The Broccoli was done!
She doesn’t know I’m a virgin in the kitchen
Cause it’s normally my mum!
But then she called me
And that’s when
She said to meee
She wasn’t coming round for tea

You come at the King, you best not miss!

Old Post Apr 13th, 2006 04:35 PM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

Exactly.

Who liked Broccoli as a teen? Well inaccurate.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

Old Post Apr 13th, 2006 05:18 PM
Alpha Centauri is currently offline Click here to Send Alpha Centauri a Private Message Find more posts by Alpha Centauri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
nick1811
At Gunpoint

Re: McFLY

3. Some people also like McFLY because they can make a good song using simple chords and without swearing.

they're not good songs, and by using simple chords it just meeans theyre so shit at theyre instruments they cant play anyhting more difficult, and people dont like songs just because they may have some swear words in, they like them because they like the music

"Rest in Piece, Brother Dime"- Vinnie Paul

Old Post Apr 13th, 2006 07:44 PM
nick1811 is currently offline Click here to Send nick1811 a Private Message Find more posts by nick1811 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Piggle Humsy
Wiggle4life

I like McFly
and I think they do have good music..

and I like Korn
and I like Billie Holiday
and I like Nirvana
and I like Beach Boys
and I like Faith Hill
and I like RATM
and I like Manson
and I like Frank Sinatra

etc etc...

I probably like at least one or two songs from every single genre...

I don't think people should be judged by what they listen to...

..T H I N K I N G.. ..B E E A N.

Old Post Apr 13th, 2006 08:01 PM
Piggle Humsy is currently offline Click here to Send Piggle Humsy a Private Message Find more posts by Piggle Humsy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

I don't judge PEOPLE by what they listen to, necessarily. I judge their music taste by what they listen to.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

Old Post Apr 13th, 2006 08:15 PM
Ronny
Love is Blindness

messed Mcfly = Gross

Normally... people dont judge a band on their sence of humor unless it relates in sone way to their lyrics.. Like Tenacious D.

From what I have heard personally from MCfly. They suck.

"After coming into contact with a religious man
I always feel I must wash my hands."
-Friedrich Nietzsche

Old Post Apr 13th, 2006 08:29 PM
Ronny is currently offline Click here to Send Ronny a Private Message Find more posts by Ronny Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mysterio69
bored as f.uck

i love mcfly!!!! the way he punched that bastard biff in the face for messin' with lorraine! oh man....good times.

Old Post Apr 13th, 2006 09:17 PM
mysterio69 is currently offline Click here to Send mysterio69 a Private Message Find more posts by mysterio69 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BananaKing
Your soul.

Originally posted by Ronny
messed Mcfly = Gross

Normally... people dont judge a band on their sence of humor unless it relates in sone way to their lyrics.. Like Tenacious D.

From what I have heard personally from MCfly. They suck.

Have you heard them sing Mr Brightside before? Or do the Killers suck too?

Originally posted by nick1811
they're not good songs, and by using simple chords it just meeans theyre so shit at theyre instruments they cant play anyhting more difficult

HAHAHAHAAAAAAA! lol!

Have you heard of a song called 'Pinball wizard'? if you search for the chords for it you'll see what they can do, lol.

Originally posted by jaden101
oh man...this aint gonna be pretty

you see there are several problems here

point 1...the sense of humour one...mmm...i'm led to believe that hitler was a good craic down the local...never really made him that good a politician though...neither does having a sense of humour make you a good musician...unless you're Bill Bailly

point 2: that kind of assumes that blink182, greenday, the beatles and the lost prophets make good music with which to be influenced by...did i just hear a bubble burst?... hell, britney spears could like listening to Hendrix or jeff buckley...would this make her music good

point 3: well we dont really need to delve to deeply into the "good songs" point...bit self evident really

as for the point about singing about what teenage boys think...cant say the following lyrics really ring true about what i was thinking when i was a teenager

Point 1: Some people like musicians who have bits of comedy in theirs songs(and videos)

Point 2: So, tell me, what IS wrong with McFLY's music then?

Point 3: Um, some boys like McFLY(*cough* me *cough*) and they like them for the music, it isn't easy to make it no1 you know, and girls aren't going to buy their CDs just because they look good roll eyes (sarcastic) ...

And for the last thing, it's about someone who decided to cook for their girlfriend, who decided to drop out once he had prepared the meal. And the Broccoli is probably a tiny bit of humour.

Old Post Apr 13th, 2006 10:53 PM
BananaKing is currently offline Click here to Send BananaKing a Private Message Find more posts by BananaKing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BananaKing
Your soul.

Oh and btw, McFLY write THEIR OWN SONGS, unlike most bands today which pay OTHER PEOPLE to write them.

Old Post Apr 13th, 2006 10:55 PM
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

You think McFly wrote Pinball Wizard you ignorant child. Leave.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

Old Post Apr 13th, 2006 11:47 PM
Victor Von Doom
Latverian Diplomat

Oh and btw, McFLY write THEIR OWN SONGS, unlike most bands today which pay OTHER PEOPLE to write them.

No, writing your own songs is the default. It's not an accolade.

So, tell me, what IS wrong with McFLY's music then?

As Anthony Kiedis said- if you have to ask, you'll never know.

Um, some boys like McFLY(*cough* me *cough*) and they like them for the music, it isn't easy to make it no1 you know

Yes, yes it is. Crazy Frog. Rap song with Crazy Frog style vocal, the name of which I forget. Barbie Girl.

We could go on. Number One isn't a stamp of good quality. It tends if anything to be the reverse.

and girls aren't going to buy their CDs just because they look good ...

Hahahahahahaha.

No, girls never do that.

Old Post Apr 13th, 2006 11:49 PM
Victor Von Doom is currently offline Click here to Send Victor Von Doom a Private Message Find more posts by Victor Von Doom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ronny
Love is Blindness

Have you heard them sing Mr Brightside before? Or do the Killers suck too?

HAHAHAHAAAAAAA! lol!

Have you heard of a song called 'Pinball wizard'? if you search for the chords for it you'll see what they can do, lol.

Point 1: Some people like musicians who have bits of comedy in theirs songs(and videos)

Point 2: So, tell me, what IS wrong with McFLY's music then?

Point 3: Um, some boys like McFLY(*cough* me *cough*) and they like them for the music, it isn't easy to make it no1 you know, and girls aren't going to buy their CDs just because they look good roll eyes (sarcastic) ...

And for the last thing, it's about someone who decided to cook for their girlfriend, who decided to drop out once he had prepared the meal. And the Broccoli is probably a tiny bit of humour.

The killers suck too

"After coming into contact with a religious man
I always feel I must wash my hands."
-Friedrich Nietzsche

Old Post Apr 13th, 2006 11:50 PM
Ronny is currently offline Click here to Send Ronny a Private Message Find more posts by Ronny Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Neo_Version 7
Smile (:

I liked "5 Colors in Her Hair". embarrasment

Old Post Apr 14th, 2006 03:41 AM
Neo_Version 7 is currently offline Click here to Send Neo_Version 7 a Private Message Find more posts by Neo_Version 7 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BananaKing
Your soul.

Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
You think McFly wrote Pinball Wizard you ignorant child. Leave.

-AC

uuhhh, i never said McFLY MADE it, I didn't even mention if they made it or not, i said they have PLAYED it.

Originally posted by Victor Von Doom
No, writing your own songs is the default. It's not an accolade.

As Anthony Kiedis said- if you have to ask, you'll never know.

Yes, yes it is. Crazy Frog. Rap song with Crazy Frog style vocal, the name of which I forget. Barbie Girl.

We could go on. Number One isn't a stamp of good quality. It tends if anything to be the reverse.

Hahahahahahaha.

No, girls never do that.

1. If you can write a song it clearly shows you are better than another band, since most others aren't good enough to write them theirselves.

2. ....?

3. You're saying People don't like McFLY just because most of their friends say they don't?

Old Post Apr 14th, 2006 09:47 AM
tabby999
Music Idiot apparently

i think Anthony Kiedis is right on the money...

I am aware that "your" should be "you're," and while I know I should change it as not to offend the grammar fans around the boards, school always said not to bow to peer pressure so it stays as it is

Old Post Apr 14th, 2006 09:52 AM
tabby999 is currently offline Click here to Send tabby999 a Private Message Find more posts by tabby999 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

uuhhh, i never said McFLY MADE it, I didn't even mention if they made it or not, i said they have PLAYED it.

1. If you can write a song it clearly shows you are better than another band, since most others aren't good enough to write them theirselves.

2. ....?

3. You're saying People don't like McFLY just because most of their friends say they don't?

what planet are you living on that you think most bands dont write their own songs...because i can assure you that most bands do...and most bands (even shit ones) do it considerably better than mcfly

i'd answer the rest of your points but vic pretty much said everything that needs to be said

you're clearly about 15 years old with absolutely no taste in music...

You come at the King, you best not miss!

Old Post Apr 14th, 2006 11:15 AM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Red Superfly
You creepy little stalker

So far, everyone against McFly: +1.

So far, anyone defending McFly: Clown Shoes.

There seems to be a massive divide on KMC these days. Those with intelligence, and those that like McFly.

Last edited by Red Superfly on Apr 14th, 2006 at 12:10 PM

Old Post Apr 14th, 2006 12:06 PM
Red Superfly is currently offline Click here to Send Red Superfly a Private Message Find more posts by Red Superfly Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote