KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Music Discussion » My Space Music

My Space Music
Started by: papabeard

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
papabeard
tHe RiVeRmaN

My Space Music

Im not sure whether this thread will get shutdown or not.

Does anyone use My Space to promote their music?

Have you seen any benefits from it?

What do you think of it?

Old Post May 14th, 2006 01:49 PM
papabeard is currently offline Click here to Send papabeard a Private Message Find more posts by papabeard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Meta

i personally really like it. my band has a page and its really good for promo and for finding out about other bands

Louder Now-April 25

Old Post May 14th, 2006 06:24 PM
Meta is currently offline Click here to Send Meta a Private Message Find more posts by Meta Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Time Of Evil
Definitely Maybe

My space music is brilliant.

Other bands seem to make bonds and do advertising for each other. I think it's brilliant.

Old Post May 14th, 2006 06:39 PM
Time Of Evil is currently offline Click here to Send Time Of Evil a Private Message Find more posts by Time Of Evil Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Meta

I like that it encourages community as opposed to bands being competitive as well

Louder Now-April 25

Old Post May 14th, 2006 07:45 PM
Meta is currently offline Click here to Send Meta a Private Message Find more posts by Meta Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Solo

I've been wondering this also. I'm thinking about grabbing one, but I don't know if it'd be worth the time.

Old Post May 14th, 2006 08:03 PM
Solo is currently offline Click here to Send Solo a Private Message Find more posts by Solo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Df02

only good thing about myspace

TotalFormat Forums
tomorrow is so far and I no longer want to find a replacement for all these pictures that are lost in my mind

Old Post May 14th, 2006 08:28 PM
Df02 is currently offline Click here to Send Df02 a Private Message Find more posts by Df02 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
nick1811
At Gunpoint

myspace is where i found out about alot of my favourite bands, so i love it

"Rest in Piece, Brother Dime"- Vinnie Paul

Old Post May 14th, 2006 09:20 PM
nick1811 is currently offline Click here to Send nick1811 a Private Message Find more posts by nick1811 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

I would advise to anyone thinking of putting anything on there to read the terms and conditions VERY carefully, because those ARE legally binding.

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post May 14th, 2006 09:22 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
papabeard
tHe RiVeRmaN

What exactly do you mean? What specific terms ?

Old Post May 15th, 2006 11:17 AM
papabeard is currently offline Click here to Send papabeard a Private Message Find more posts by papabeard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Df02

By displaying or publishing ("posting") any Content, messages, text, files, images, photos, video, sounds, profiles, works of authorship, or any other materials (collectively, "Content") on or through the Services, you hereby grant to MySpace.com, a non-exclusive, fully-paid and royalty-free, worldwide license (with the right to sublicense through unlimited levels of sublicensees) to use, copy, modify, adapt, translate, publicly perform, publicly display, store, reproduce, transmit, and distribute such Content on and through the Services.

lol

TotalFormat Forums
tomorrow is so far and I no longer want to find a replacement for all these pictures that are lost in my mind

Old Post May 15th, 2006 12:15 PM
Df02 is currently offline Click here to Send Df02 a Private Message Find more posts by Df02 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
papabeard
tHe RiVeRmaN

So does that mean they own you and your music? confused

Old Post May 15th, 2006 12:53 PM
Df02

they own anything you post on there... so yea, your music

TotalFormat Forums

Old Post May 15th, 2006 01:58 PM
Flying High
Fly my Pretties Fly!!

i use myspace MAINLY to find out about bands...i love it cause you find out about gigs first usually...which is handy smile

and i've found loads of cool bands through it that have looked at my music tastes and decided to see if i would like them...which i think is really cool...cause i lvoe finding new bands smile

i also know for a fact it has helped a local band in the area (Bady Cole) cause they can tell people about gigs, so they get more people there smile

People keep disappearing and reappearing lol

Old Post May 15th, 2006 04:37 PM
Flying High is currently offline Click here to Send Flying High a Private Message Find more posts by Flying High Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Time Of Evil
Definitely Maybe

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Df02
By displaying or publishing ("posting") any Content, messages, text, files, images, photos, video, sounds, profiles, works of authorship, or any other materials (collectively, "Content") on or through the Services, you hereby grant to MySpace.com, a non-exclusive, fully-paid and royalty-free, worldwide license (with the right to sublicense through unlimited levels of sublicensees) to use, copy, modify, adapt, translate, publicly perform, publicly display, store, reproduce, transmit, and distribute such Content on and through the Services.

lol

What if you take it off after putting it on?

Old Post May 15th, 2006 05:50 PM
Time Of Evil is currently offline Click here to Send Time Of Evil a Private Message Find more posts by Time Of Evil Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Df02

well once you put it on there and agree to the liscence they own the rights to that song... take it off and they still do.

also, there's another part saying they can change the licence after you've agree'd to it..

TotalFormat Forums

Old Post May 15th, 2006 06:03 PM
Peach
mordrem

Yep.

Not really the sort of thing you want.

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post May 15th, 2006 06:07 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Time Of Evil
Definitely Maybe

So hang on. They are saying when you put your music on their website they can make a band and play your music claiming its theirs?

Old Post May 15th, 2006 06:09 PM
Df02

no, they cant claim it's theirs, they just own the rights to it... so they can make a band and play it without having to pay you royalties etc.

TotalFormat Forums

Old Post May 15th, 2006 06:12 PM
Time Of Evil
Definitely Maybe

Originally posted by Df02
no, they cant claim it's theirs, they just own the rights to it... so they can make a band and play it without having to pay you royalties etc.

F u* ck them. That's insane. They should not be allowed to do that.

Old Post May 15th, 2006 06:18 PM
Slay
Skyhighatrist

Originally posted by papabeard
So does that mean they own you and your music? confused

Not exactly.I think.Bands like Anthrax have a MySpace account,and they were out long before there was any Internet,let alone MySpace. erm

Old Post May 15th, 2006 06:22 PM
Slay is currently offline Click here to Send Slay a Private Message Find more posts by Slay Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote