KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Music Discussion » Obscure Musicians that people should know about.

Obscure Musicians that people should know about.
Started by: papabeard

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
papabeard
tHe RiVeRmaN

Obscure Musicians that people should know about.

Do you know of any osbcure established musicians that dont have a great deal of exposure, that you think are ace and that other people should hear?

For example :

Chris Bell, who was a member of the band Big Star, whos solo work is fantastic, kind of spaced out, he was a big influence on the sound of Flaming Lips.

Check him out, particulalry a song called "I am the Cosmos"

Old Post May 27th, 2006 12:27 PM
papabeard is currently offline Click here to Send papabeard a Private Message Find more posts by papabeard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Because I can
Defenestration

Brandi Carlile....?
Thats the only unknown person that i know.. if that makes sense stick out tongue

Chris Bell... name rings a bell....i'll hunt him down.

Love is the triumph of imagination over intelligence
Thanks Scythe for the awesome sig

Old Post May 27th, 2006 12:30 PM
Because I can is currently offline Click here to Send Because I can a Private Message Find more posts by Because I can Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nellinator
Crazy Canuck

Doc Walker...... if you like country.

Old Post May 27th, 2006 04:18 PM
Nellinator is currently offline Click here to Send Nellinator a Private Message Find more posts by Nellinator Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
musicislife
(wannabe) Senior Member

Billy Joe Shaver his work is pretty much all solo his best song IMO is "Freedoms Child."

Old Post May 27th, 2006 06:34 PM
musicislife is currently offline Click here to Send musicislife a Private Message Find more posts by musicislife Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

They're usually obscure for a reason, people being too lazy, stupid or both to know any better.

I intend to keep it that way.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

I review comics and such here: http://welcometothemast.blogspot.com

Old Post May 27th, 2006 06:52 PM
Alpha Centauri is currently offline Click here to Send Alpha Centauri a Private Message Find more posts by Alpha Centauri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
They're usually obscure for a reason, people being too lazy, stupid or both to know any better.

I intend to keep it that way.

-AC

thats not a very nice thing to say about the musiciaaaahhh right gotcha

You come at the King, you best not miss!

Old Post May 27th, 2006 08:25 PM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Revan
-

Genus Pro: http://www.genuspro.com/ it's hot like August nights, you damn fool.

having nothing but a hyphen under my name makes me look so xhardxcorex. like a felon.

Old Post May 28th, 2006 01:57 AM
Darth Revan is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Revan a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Revan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RogerRamjet
Playground Superstar

Robert Smith
Rob Zombie
Ozzy Osbourne
Perry Farrell
Ian Anderson
Bjoerk
Morrisey
Michael Jackson

Sig by Scy!

Old Post May 28th, 2006 02:09 AM
RogerRamjet is currently offline Click here to Send RogerRamjet a Private Message Find more posts by RogerRamjet Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phat J

lol man half those people are pretty well known

michael jacksons the king of pop, come on.

Old Post May 28th, 2006 02:32 AM
Phat J is currently offline Click here to Send Phat J a Private Message Find more posts by Phat J Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RogerRamjet
Playground Superstar

but they are all pretty obscure, despite their fame an' fortune stick out tongue

Sig by Scy!

Old Post May 28th, 2006 04:39 AM
RogerRamjet is currently offline Click here to Send RogerRamjet a Private Message Find more posts by RogerRamjet Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Jello
Cheese Spelunker

Rikk Agnew
Frank Agnew
Will Shatter
Bruce Loose
Tony Brandenberg/Cadena/Montana/Adolescent/Reflex
Thurston Moore
Lee Ronaldo
Penelope Houston
Dick Dale
Link Wray
Todd Barnes
Rozz Rezabek
Becky Bondage
GG Allen

Wonder when will it'll all be over...
Living in a void when the void grows colder...
Wonder when it'll all be over?
Will you be laughing when it's over?

Old Post May 28th, 2006 06:32 AM
Darth Jello is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Jello a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Jello Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
knight
AFL1-3603

Warning

BIG COUNTRY
BUZZCOCKS
Arctic Monkeys
Dave Davies
Steve Harley
Cockney Rebel
The Move
Mike Oldfield
The Skids
The Kinks

Old Post May 28th, 2006 07:52 AM
knight is currently offline Click here to Send knight a Private Message Find more posts by knight Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Time Of Evil
Definitely Maybe

Originally posted by knight
BIG COUNTRY
BUZZCOCKS
Arctic Monkeys
Dave Davies
Steve Harley
Cockney Rebel
The Move
Mike Oldfield
The Skids
The Kinks

Mate, Arctic Monkeys have the fantest selling album in the UK ever. Or is it the fastest selling since the Beatles. At the moment they are one of the biggest bands.

Old Post May 28th, 2006 09:47 AM
Time Of Evil is currently offline Click here to Send Time Of Evil a Private Message Find more posts by Time Of Evil Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flying High
Fly my Pretties Fly!!

uhm...Idlewild i suppose big grin

and i guess it depends what you like more...their newer stuff is more mellow...their older stuff more rocky and punk..ish...

People keep disappearing and reappearing lol

Old Post May 28th, 2006 01:21 PM
Flying High is currently offline Click here to Send Flying High a Private Message Find more posts by Flying High Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
papabeard
tHe RiVeRmaN

Graham Nash of The Hollies and CSNY released an excellent solo album called "Songs For Beginners", which is really rather good.

www.suitelorraine.com/suitelorraine...shsongsfor.html

Old Post May 29th, 2006 09:48 AM
papabeard is currently offline Click here to Send papabeard a Private Message Find more posts by papabeard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr. Leg Kick
Aesculapius

Originally posted by Darth Revan
Genus Pro: http://www.genuspro.com/ it's hot like August nights, you damn fool.
ehhhh i really like genus pro. some of their production is great but i dunno....they kinda remind me of another group of mc's...

Life is short and the art long, the occasion instant, experiment perilous, decision difficult.

Old Post May 29th, 2006 04:31 PM
Dr. Leg Kick is currently offline Click here to Send Dr. Leg Kick a Private Message Find more posts by Dr. Leg Kick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Revan
-

Originally posted by -hh-
ehhhh i really like genus pro. some of their production is great but i dunno....they kinda remind me of another group of mc's...

You mean you don't? confused

I'm probably biased since they're from my hometown... Love the production, though.

having nothing but a hyphen under my name makes me look so xhardxcorex. like a felon.

Old Post May 29th, 2006 06:57 PM
Darth Revan is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Revan a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Revan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr. Leg Kick
Aesculapius

Originally posted by Darth Revan
You mean you don't? confused

I'm probably biased since they're from my hometown... Love the production, though.
no i like the group, they just remind me of another group...i just cant tell which group stick out tongue

Life is short and the art long, the occasion instant, experiment perilous, decision difficult.

Old Post May 29th, 2006 07:11 PM
Dr. Leg Kick is currently offline Click here to Send Dr. Leg Kick a Private Message Find more posts by Dr. Leg Kick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The P
RIP Hip-Hop 12/19

az
C-N-N
crooked i
poet
saigon

"I'd met NaS at the Power House Studios when NaS was a teenager. But the first thing I heard about NaS (The MC) was through the buzz on the street. "Yo, NaS is dope... He's wildin'! He's talking about everything!" Then I went out and got Illmatic: The first three joints that passed , I was like, "Ahhh." He kind of made me feel normal. For somebody to come out and spit fire and people to look at him, it made me feel regular. He did a lot for my career. He may not know that, but he did a lot for my career."—Rakim

Old Post May 30th, 2006 03:21 AM
The P is currently offline Click here to Send The P a Private Message Find more posts by The P Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr. Strangelove
The King Stay The King

David St. Hubbins

A guitarist, singer, poet.

We owe so much to Hubbins.

“As flies to wanton boys are we to the gods, they kill us for their sport.”

Old Post May 30th, 2006 06:09 AM
Dr. Strangelove is currently offline Click here to Send Dr. Strangelove a Private Message Find more posts by Dr. Strangelove Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote