KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Music Discussion » Whats your opinion of "rockstar"

Whats your opinion of "rockstar"
Started by: tabby999

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
tabby999
Music Idiot apparently

Question Whats your opinion of "rockstar"

after hearing the new "Rockstar" features a band made of Tommy Lee, Jason Newstead and someone else i've forgotten, it was another moment where i shook my head and turned off the tv. After making INXS look like a bunch of money grubbing tools (and causing Micheal Hutchencs hit about 1,500 RPM in his grave), they're at it again.

Alice In Chains and several un-named bands turned down an opertunity to rape the past (maybe they were gonna find Nirvana a new Kurt, the beatles a new everyone whos not Ringo or Simple Plan a sense of dignity), so instead they found the ex metallica bassist, the human tripod and the guy i forgot.
am i the only one worried by this "american idolism" taking over the already muddy "rock pool"?

I am aware that "your" should be "you're," and while I know I should change it as not to offend the grammar fans around the boards, school always said not to bow to peer pressure so it stays as it is

Old Post Jul 9th, 2006 01:33 AM
tabby999 is currently offline Click here to Send tabby999 a Private Message Find more posts by tabby999 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

Yeah, and look at INXS now. Ripping up the charts with their new singer. It's like the Robert Trujillo complex. Audition some guy, "get to know him" over a couple of weeks, then toss him in your band regardless of the lack of chemistry, and then cross your fingers.

Promotion comes from within, bands should know this. Anything else is a huge risk.

So, with that, **** "reality" television, and the bands who are looking for a new member/looking for free publicity for another band that will be down the shitter in a few months, like all Tommy Lee's other side projects. Hell, Damnocracy from VH1 have a better chance of making it, because THOSE guys have talent.

(BTW, the 3rd member of "Supernova" is GNR's ex-axeman, Gilby Clarke)

Old Post Jul 9th, 2006 01:52 AM
Cory Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Cory Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Cory Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ax3l
Dream Finder

Its just another way for these retired rockers to make a pretty penny.

One little spark...

Old Post Jul 9th, 2006 09:51 PM
Ax3l is currently offline Click here to Send Ax3l a Private Message Find more posts by Ax3l Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tabby999
Music Idiot apparently

and has nothing to do with "shaping," nothing to do with talent, its just a popularity contest. i hate that damn show

I am aware that "your" should be "you're," and while I know I should change it as not to offend the grammar fans around the boards, school always said not to bow to peer pressure so it stays as it is

Old Post Jul 10th, 2006 12:06 AM
tabby999 is currently offline Click here to Send tabby999 a Private Message Find more posts by tabby999 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ax3l
Dream Finder

quote: (post)
Originally posted by tabby999
and has nothing to do with "shaping," nothing to do with talent, its just a popularity contest. i hate that damn show
As do all the goddamn shows like that "American Idol" and such.

One little spark...

Old Post Jul 10th, 2006 12:37 AM
Ax3l is currently offline Click here to Send Ax3l a Private Message Find more posts by Ax3l Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tabby999
Music Idiot apparently

yep. i was happy for American Idol to go on, i dont care, didn't touch the music i listen to, but now they have come in and started cashing in on old rockers, good bye integrity.

Old Post Jul 10th, 2006 12:51 AM
BOPRecruit 16
Hunter By Nature

i saw the first season when it was focused on inxs. it was okay. but kind of dumb. really didn't like j.d. not bothering to watch this season. don't like the way they do it. probably better if it were on vh1 and came off with more attitude instead of prep and too controlled. needs more hardcore, metalhead energy. you know what i mean? also, they need bands with better names on that show too. i mean, supernova seems so gay you know? and gosh, i'm so happy that alice in chains turned this show down! they so do not need to taint their career with this crappy show! am i right?

Need to Reach Me? Then Please Contact Me Here: [SodapopAllerdyce/Xanga] [phantomtravel3r/LiveJournal]

Old Post Jul 13th, 2006 12:45 AM
BOPRecruit 16 is currently offline Click here to Send BOPRecruit 16 a Private Message Find more posts by BOPRecruit 16 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tabby999
Music Idiot apparently

damn straight, it'd be lowering themselves if they did.

Old Post Jul 13th, 2006 12:58 AM
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

That and the fact that Alice in Chains are probably the only band to replace an incomparable lead singer with one who is also amazing.

They need nothing from MTV.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

I review comics and such here: http://welcometothemast.blogspot.com

Old Post Jul 13th, 2006 01:43 AM
Alpha Centauri is currently offline Click here to Send Alpha Centauri a Private Message Find more posts by Alpha Centauri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ax3l
Dream Finder

Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
That and the fact that Alice in Chains are probably the only band to replace an incomparable lead singer with one who is also amazing.

They need nothing from MTV.

-AC
Whoa, they replaced their lead singer?!??!

I knew the original died, but is the other one that good? Have they put anything out, yet?

One little spark...

Old Post Jul 13th, 2006 02:09 AM
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

There aren't many singers who are as good as Staley ever, so no, he's not as good, but he's excellent and more than suitable. He's a genuinely great vocalist I think.

William DuVal, and no, Jerry Cantrell says there are no plans for an album, just tour.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

Old Post Jul 13th, 2006 02:35 AM
Alpha Centauri is currently offline Click here to Send Alpha Centauri a Private Message Find more posts by Alpha Centauri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tabby999
Music Idiot apparently

I read an interview with the band saying they were going to do shows and have half the songs done by the one person (i'm assuming its the guy you named Alpha) and the other half done by people from other metal bands.

Old Post Jul 13th, 2006 06:49 AM
Imaginary
blinded

*moans*

Did INXS really choose their new singer on this show? Oh god that's sad... I would have been more than happy just to live off the old INXS after Hutchence's death as opposed to something so demeaning.

Old Post Jul 13th, 2006 07:10 AM
Imaginary is currently offline Click here to Send Imaginary a Private Message Find more posts by Imaginary Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by tabby999
I read an interview with the band saying they were going to do shows and have half the songs done by the one person (i'm assuming its the guy you named Alpha) and the other half done by people from other metal bands.

They're already doing full tours with him. Although Jerry Cantrell said anyone else will be a cameo appearance.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

Old Post Jul 13th, 2006 01:45 PM