KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Music Discussion » East Coast Underground

East Coast Underground
Started by: Syren

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Syren
dreaming

East Coast Underground

[Edit.]

Hey guys, it would be cool if you could take the time to check out the website above.

It's basically a member profile site detailing the individuals involved with East Coast Underground, a group of DJs and MCs from the east coast of England.

I promote them and their events, put together their sites (including the one above) and generally spread the word.

They play mainly drum n bass, some jungle and a bit of breakbeat, so if you're into that kind of music please feel free to listen to the tunes that we've uploaded (and download them if you wish) and leave any comments and suggestions you may have.

Also, if you're in the east coast vicinity, it would be great if you could make it to one of our up and coming events. We've had a few and they've been really promising so far. 2006 is turning out to be a very successful year!

Thanks big grin

ThorinWoofer

Last edited by Storm on Oct 24th, 2006 at 09:27 AM

Old Post Aug 7th, 2006 03:07 PM
Syren is currently offline Click here to Send Syren a Private Message Find more posts by Syren Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Syren
dreaming

Any feedback? big grin

ThorinWoofer

Old Post Aug 8th, 2006 11:29 AM
Syren is currently offline Click here to Send Syren a Private Message Find more posts by Syren Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Syren
dreaming

Come on... opinions are very welcome and I know there's a whole bunch of you out there with plenty to say

EDIT: Just to let you know, there's no sneaky registration process, you won't be automatically signed up to any kind of newsletter or promotions con, all I would really like is some feedback on the site itself such as the layout and navigation, and also for the music critics out there to take some time to listen to the multitude of tunes which have been created by one or more of the members of ECU - comments and suggestions on these are most welcome also happy

ThorinWoofer

Last edited by Syren on Sep 3rd, 2006 at 04:50 AM

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2006 04:47 AM
Syren
dreaming

*bump*

ThorinWoofer

Old Post Oct 14th, 2006 12:58 PM
Deadline

Not my thing really.

Old Post Oct 14th, 2006 01:22 PM
Deadline is currently offline Click here to Send Deadline a Private Message Find more posts by Deadline Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hazardous

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Syren
*bump*

Well someones whoring themselves out

I dont generally like DnB...ok to dance to, too repetitive to listen to, but Ill check them out.

Oh ps, nice site thumb up

Old Post Oct 14th, 2006 01:30 PM
Hazardous is currently offline Find more posts by Hazardous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Syren
dreaming

Finally! And I'm not whoring myself out, I'm whoring them out.

Thanks big grin

ThorinWoofer

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2006 11:03 PM
§P0oONY

I prefer music with substance. So this site is not my thing at all. "This site in no way represents the music taste of east coast England" should be slapped right at the top of this thread... Because if it does represent the tastes of "East Coast England", I'm sure as hell moving out.

Not only that, this thread is just spam, you should know better Syren.

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2006 11:32 PM
§P0oONY is currently offline Click here to Send §P0oONY a Private Message Find more posts by §P0oONY Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Storm
Black belt BJJ

This indeed is considered spam.

Closing.

I am not driven by people’ s praise and I am not slowed down by people’ s criticism.
You only live once. But if you live it right, once is enough. Wrong. We only die once, we live every day!
Make poverty history.

Old Post Oct 24th, 2006 09:28 AM
Storm is currently offline Click here to Send Storm a Private Message Find more posts by Storm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deathblow
-

Re-open sesame.

Old Post Oct 26th, 2006 11:53 PM
Deathblow is currently offline Click here to Send Deathblow a Private Message Find more posts by Deathblow Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Syren
dreaming

quote: (post)
Originally posted by §P0oONY
I prefer music with substance. So this site is not my thing at all. "This site in no way represents the music taste of east coast England" should be slapped right at the top of this thread... Because if it does represent the tastes of "East Coast England", I'm sure as hell moving out.

Not only that, this thread is just spam, you should know better Syren.

In response to this, the site was never intended as a representation of the musical tastes of eastern England. It doesn't state that anywhere on the site, the sole intention of the site is to make this genre of music more available to those who perhaps don't have easy access to events and the like. Everything on the website is provided for free; the downloadable tunes produced by the group members, the information regarding up coming events, the guestbook where we would like to hear feedback, the mailing list, everything.

As for it being spam, I asked permission. I am guilty of bumping the thread multiple times but I was unaware this was against the rules. Obviously all I wanted was a little feedback, so thanks §P0oONY stick out tongue

The site address is www.eastcoastunderground.org

If I get no more responses I will not bump the thread so feedback would be much appreciated!

ThorinWoofer

Old Post Oct 27th, 2006 12:17 PM
Hazardous

Totally forgot I had a bunch of these on my comp, never got around to listening to them, Ill give them a crank now raver

Old Post Oct 27th, 2006 12:21 PM
Hazardous is currently offline Find more posts by Hazardous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Syren
dreaming

You downloaded them? Nice one, anything you have to say once you've listened is welcome

ThorinWoofer

Old Post Oct 27th, 2006 08:23 PM
..:Sn0w:..

Is this like grime?

Old Post Oct 28th, 2006 05:32 AM
..:Sn0w:.. is currently offline Click here to Send ..:Sn0w:.. a Private Message Find more posts by ..:Sn0w:.. Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Syren
dreaming

How would you define grime? The boys who make up ECU like grime, gabber, UK Hip Hop, drum n bass, jungle, hardcore and old skool, just to name the basic genres.

I suppose, for me, anything with a heavy, dark bassline and fast-paced 'spitting' works. Certain types of UK garage as well, 'Boo' by Sticky (with Ms Dynamite) and stuff by Dizzee Rascal, would you consider those to be of the grime genre?

As for the music we generally provide, it's Drum n Bass. Have a look at the website and listen to some of the tunes if you have the time, see what you think big grin

ThorinWoofer

Old Post Oct 28th, 2006 10:21 AM