KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Music Discussion » where do you get ur music from?

hmmmm????????M???
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
kazaa 0 0%
bearshare 0 0%
soulseek 1 11.11%
limewire 5 55.56%
bit torrent 2 22.22%
warezp2pclient 1 11.11%
Total: 9 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

where do you get ur music from?
Started by: reggie_jax

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
reggie_jax
Restricted

Account Restricted

where do you get ur music from?

what would you say is da best place to find the best sweeeeeeeet rifffs dude??? cool

Old Post Jan 14th, 2007 05:41 PM
reggie_jax is currently offline Click here to Send reggie_jax a Private Message Find more posts by reggie_jax Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Morning_Glory
Sleeping In My Soul

Old Post Jan 14th, 2007 05:46 PM
Morning_Glory is currently offline Click here to Send Morning_Glory a Private Message Find more posts by Morning_Glory Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Funkadelic

A Store?

It's an image worth pondering for a moment. Maybe, when you cut past the instrumental and songwriting virtuosity, the funny voices and characters, what is left is a man alone in his recording studio for days at a time.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2007 05:47 PM
Funkadelic is currently offline Click here to Send Funkadelic a Private Message Find more posts by Funkadelic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
taste_u
Restricted

Account Restricted

You forgot OiNk

Old Post Jan 14th, 2007 05:47 PM
taste_u is currently offline Click here to Send taste_u a Private Message Find more posts by taste_u Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
reggie_jax
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Funkadelic
A Store?
one with an internet connection i would hope???

Old Post Jan 14th, 2007 05:54 PM
reggie_jax is currently offline Click here to Send reggie_jax a Private Message Find more posts by reggie_jax Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Funkadelic

Not persé

It's an image worth pondering for a moment. Maybe, when you cut past the instrumental and songwriting virtuosity, the funny voices and characters, what is left is a man alone in his recording studio for days at a time.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2007 05:57 PM
Funkadelic is currently offline Click here to Send Funkadelic a Private Message Find more posts by Funkadelic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
taste_u
Restricted

Account Restricted

Buying music is for ****'s

Old Post Jan 14th, 2007 06:03 PM
taste_u is currently offline Click here to Send taste_u a Private Message Find more posts by taste_u Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Funkadelic

**** U

Old Post Jan 14th, 2007 06:10 PM
taste_u
Restricted

Account Restricted

Don't bark up that tree, that tree will fall on you

Old Post Jan 14th, 2007 06:17 PM
Blue_Hefner

A forumi whose name I will not reveal

Old Post Jan 14th, 2007 06:19 PM
Blue_Hefner is currently offline Click here to Send Blue_Hefner a Private Message Find more posts by Blue_Hefner Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Funkadelic

Originally posted by taste_u

Stealing is wrong.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2007 06:21 PM
taste_u
Restricted

Account Restricted

Lol - don't come that fake morality.

What's wrong is helping to reduce art to the level of product.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2007 06:23 PM
lorddreamer

I have eternal respect for you. As of now. Except that its do no, not dont wink

Anyway, I actually put down the dollars for my musics. Except when I cant get my hands on the music, like all mixtapes. Just because I like to believe that I'm supporting both the store I shop at and the artist. I'm probly not helping anyone but The Man, but... well, w/e!! Happy Dance

Old Post Jan 14th, 2007 07:06 PM
lorddreamer is currently offline Click here to Send lorddreamer a Private Message Find more posts by lorddreamer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
taste_u
Restricted

Account Restricted

Fake morality of pro-consumerism. A way to feel you can justify unnecessary purchases.

I do not want what I haven't got.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2007 07:07 PM
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

Lol - don't come that fake morality.

What's wrong is helping to reduce art to the level of product.

so you're saying an artist should spend months of their life and at the end just give away what they worked on...

perhaps you'd like to pay higher taxes just to make sure talented artists of any field can actually survive while they create their work

You come at the King, you best not miss!

Old Post Jan 14th, 2007 07:07 PM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
taste_u
Restricted

Account Restricted

If I'm profoundly moved by an artist's work, I can reciprocate my affection in something more meaningful than cold commerce.

Art is self expression, they should work for the love of the art not for the ****ing pay off, the latter is what we call a 'sell out'

Bands make more money from concerts anyway.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2007 07:12 PM
reggie_jax
Restricted

Account Restricted

lol

**** you jaden

peep game

Old Post Jan 14th, 2007 07:18 PM
lorddreamer

If I'm profoundly moved by an artist's work, I can reciprocate my affection in something more meaningful than cold commerce.

Art is self expression, they should work for the love of the art not for the ****ing pay off, the latter is what we call a 'sell out'

Bands make more money from concerts anyway.

Except that its their job to make this music. Just because they enjoy their work doesnt mean it should be free. Don't get me wrong, I download a good amount of my music too, but still when the music is worth the dollars, its best to go cop it.
You're right, concerts are the primary income for most artists.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2007 07:39 PM
lorddreamer is currently offline Click here to Send lorddreamer a Private Message Find more posts by lorddreamer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
§P0oONY

Out of the choices.... Bit torrent.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2007 08:56 PM
§P0oONY is currently offline Click here to Send §P0oONY a Private Message Find more posts by §P0oONY Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
taste_u
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by lorddreamer
Except that its their job to make this music. Just because they enjoy their work doesnt mean it should be free. Don't get me wrong, I download a good amount of my music too, but still when the music is worth the dollars, its best to go cop it.
You're right, concerts are the primary income for most artists.

If you see a fiver, you pick that ****ing thing up. Don't come this crap about how you'd hand it in, if you do that you're a dumb **** cos it just goes to the government that opresses you anyway. Same thing here.

It's not best to do anything other than what one has the resources, and what one chooses, to do.

The point is that cold money is a shallow way of expressing appreciation for art and buying CDs just helps to desecrate art to the level of disposable product, of plastic, of dots and figures.

I make albums and give em away free - I get by on a part time job and I buy nothing. I have a great life because experience is better than ****ing buying shit I don't need and attaching fake sentimentality to material goods.

As long as ive got whiskey and cocaine im alrite.

**** buying anything.

**** canada.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2007 11:00 PM