KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Music Discussion » Ministry (Psalm 69)

Ministry (Psalm 69)
Started by: Cory Chaos

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

Ministry (Psalm 69)

I finally found "Psalm 69" used this afternoon. I'm literally astounded as to how far ahead of its time this album was, considering it was released in 1992.

In listening to it, I'm pulling Rammstein, Atari Teenage Riot, Marilyn Manson, Nine Inch Nails, Rob Zombie and other artists elements from it..literally left and right. It just appears to be an insanely influential and defining album.

Does Ministry get better than this, honestly?

Old Post Apr 7th, 2007 01:18 AM
Cory Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Cory Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Cory Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

It's not really influential that much outside their genre, but it can happen.

Jesus Built My Hotrod is a great track.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

I review comics and such here: http://welcometothemast.blogspot.com

Old Post Apr 7th, 2007 08:12 AM
Alpha Centauri is currently offline Click here to Send Alpha Centauri a Private Message Find more posts by Alpha Centauri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Moral Hygiene came out the other day and it's sooo gooood. Ministry has been a favorite band of mine for a very long time...

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2021 02:29 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Oh my fu#king god, the new album is so fu#king good. This song has really grown on me, new Ministry masterpiece classic...

You're like a death cult
Of bad religion
That's what I hate about you
A fu#king death cult
Who never listens
That's why the death is on you

Old Post Oct 10th, 2021 08:36 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Holy dildo, I just got a ticket to see them in March. And the bonus is that I like both of the other bands. The Melvins and Corrosion of Conformity. That is going to be a killer f#cking night. I've seen Ministry twice before and it was legendary both times. I can't wait.

Old Post Oct 15th, 2021 12:49 AM
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Saw them yesterday and I’ve seen a lot of black and death metal bands and they were heavier than them all. Breathe, Burning Inside, and the intro riff from Thieves were brutal. They were insane live and crushed it

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Sep 25th, 2022 01:27 PM
carthage is currently offline Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

quote: (post)
Originally posted by carthage
Saw them yesterday and I’ve seen a lot of black and death metal bands and they were heavier than them all. Breathe, Burning Inside, and the intro riff from Thieves were brutal. They were insane live and crushed it

Hell yeah. I saw them for the 3rd time back in March. 22nd, to be exact in ATL. It was great. One of my favorite live bands and I loved the new album, so I couldn't resist seeing them again. I just think it's a crime they didn't perform "Disinformation" or "Believe Me" live. Those songs would have been incredible live. So that was a little disappointing to me.

You should have seen the Rio Grande Blood and Last Sucker tours back in the day. Those songs were ****ing brutal live. "Senor Peligro" is a personal favorite.

Old Post Sep 25th, 2022 08:52 PM
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Hopiumforthemasses

Soooo goooood, some of my favorite tracks....

big grin big grin big grin

Old Post Mar 10th, 2024 01:39 PM