KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Music Discussion » anyone in a band here?

anyone in a band here?
Started by: Wålshy

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
~Wålshy~
Restricted

Account Restricted

anyone in a band here?

im not in a band but i havent had my guitar for long

anyone in a band then?

Thanks to That AC/DC Chick <3

Old Post Oct 10th, 2007 02:05 PM
~Wålshy~ is currently offline Click here to Send ~Wålshy~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~Wålshy~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Selphie
you teasing like you do

Not yet.

Vermont's music scene sucks, full of "pop punk" and weird stuff I'm not interested in, so it might be a while till I get in a good band, if a band at all.

riding high on love's true bluish light

Old Post Oct 11th, 2007 03:09 AM
Selphie is currently offline Click here to Send Selphie a Private Message Find more posts by Selphie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Disturbed Angel
~.:Fae:.~

quote: (post)
Originally posted by the welsh one
im not in a band but i havent had my guitar for long

anyone in a band then?

I wish. sad It's something I've always wanted to do, though. sad

Do you believe in faeries?

I do.

Old Post Oct 11th, 2007 04:18 AM
Disturbed Angel is currently offline Find more posts by Disturbed Angel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nellinator
Crazy Canuck

Yes. I play piano/keyboards/organ for my hard rock/metal band. I also do vocals.

Old Post Oct 11th, 2007 05:42 AM
Nellinator is currently offline Click here to Send Nellinator a Private Message Find more posts by Nellinator Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SV_DrumMeR

Are you in a band?

Yeah, i'm the drummer in a band with a couple of local buddies.

We've got a wide variety of stuff, you should check us out =], add us on myspace!

WWW.Myspace.com/vibesofsound

Old Post Nov 25th, 2007 09:09 PM
SV_DrumMeR is currently offline Click here to Send SV_DrumMeR a Private Message Find more posts by SV_DrumMeR Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~Wålshy~
Restricted

Account Restricted

sound good

Old Post Nov 25th, 2007 09:56 PM
~Wålshy~ is currently offline Click here to Send ~Wålshy~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~Wålshy~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardiel13
Elite Cannon Fodder

I record stuff with my friend. We're making mostly metal.

Old Post Nov 25th, 2007 10:09 PM
Bardiel13 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardiel13 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardiel13 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nellinator
Crazy Canuck

I play keyboards/piano in a metal band, mostly thrash.

Old Post Nov 25th, 2007 10:57 PM
Nellinator is currently offline Click here to Send Nellinator a Private Message Find more posts by Nellinator Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SV_DrumMeR

We're starting to write heavier stuff, more distortion, the fun stuff.

thanks alot man!

Old Post Nov 26th, 2007 03:41 AM
SV_DrumMeR is currently offline Click here to Send SV_DrumMeR a Private Message Find more posts by SV_DrumMeR Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~Wålshy~
Restricted

Account Restricted

im staring a band big grin coolest thing is...my parents are away for the weekend so me and the guys are having like a party/music weekend, its going to be great, just playing all day then we will probably have a break at 3am. so far its me on lead guitar, tom on bass, ben on drums, but im still a beginner to guitar really so we might get another drummer and ben can play lead (ben can play drums and guitar...and other stuff), then i would go rhythm guitar. i haven't posted in this forum for a while

Old Post Nov 29th, 2007 08:20 PM
papabeard
tHe RiVeRmaN

I make music with a couple of people, check out the my space.

www.myspace.com/downbytheriverx

Down By The River.

Old Post Nov 29th, 2007 10:51 PM
papabeard is currently offline Click here to Send papabeard a Private Message Find more posts by papabeard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Azure
Your socks taste good...

I'm co-vocalist in my boyfriend's band (no, he didn't let me in just because we're in a relationship, I was in the band long before we started going out.) but all they've needed me for so far is to sing the girl's parts in "Nymphetamine" by Cradle of Filth (I'm not sure if that's how it's spelled) and some harmonizing with this dude who sounds like a dragon...monster...thing when he sings. We're a "gospel" death metal band (I say gospel because that's the only reason his parents haven't kicked him out of the house for playing that "satanic shit!") with two guitarists, a drummer (who is black! sorry, I just think that's so cool because it totally destroys the stereotype!) a percussionist, a keyboard player, and two vocalists.

we don't have a myspace link or anything like that up yet, and I think we decided to call ourselves His Invisible Monster, but I could change...

Old Post Dec 4th, 2007 12:09 AM
Azure is currently offline Click here to Send Azure a Private Message Find more posts by Azure Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nellinator
Crazy Canuck

Originally posted by papabeard
I make music with a couple of people, check out the my space.

www.myspace.com/downbytheriverx

Down By The River.
Lots of potential imo.

Old Post Dec 4th, 2007 01:36 AM
mr.smiley

I was in and out of various bands for the past 5 years.Finaly taking time off though,and it feels good to get a break.Started playing out every weekend for a while,and was making decent money as well.On average 50 bucks a show,and once even banked 200 dollars for playing at a graduation party for a bunch of doctors.

It realy can pay off to learn how to play an instrument,but you got to have the right chemistry of people in a band.Once it quits being fun,you need to get out.

http://soundcloud.com/pytt-1

Old Post Dec 5th, 2007 02:08 PM
mr.smiley is currently offline Click here to Send mr.smiley a Private Message Find more posts by mr.smiley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nellinator
Crazy Canuck

How much my band makes has always fluctuated with where we play. In you hometown we turn a tidy profit after rental expenses, but local touring doesn't make much at all.

Old Post Dec 5th, 2007 04:44 PM
Slay
Skyhighatrist

Originally posted by Azure
a drummer (who is black! sorry, I just think that's so cool because it totally destroys the stereotype!)

What stereotype? Suffocation (for example) is a pretty well known death metal band with two black members.

Old Post Dec 6th, 2007 04:23 PM
Slay is currently offline Click here to Send Slay a Private Message Find more posts by Slay Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
papabeard
tHe RiVeRmaN

Originally posted by Nellinator
Lots of potential imo.

Cheers dude!

Old Post Dec 6th, 2007 07:25 PM
papabeard is currently offline Click here to Send papabeard a Private Message Find more posts by papabeard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~Wålshy~
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by mr.smiley
I was in and out of various bands for the past 5 years.Finaly taking time off though,and it feels good to get a break.Started playing out every weekend for a while,and was making decent money as well.On average 50 bucks a show,and once even banked 200 dollars for playing at a graduation party for a bunch of doctors.

It realy can pay off to learn how to play an instrument,but you got to have the right chemistry of people in a band.Once it quits being fun,you need to get out.

how long did it take you to be getting gigs and paid?

Old Post Dec 6th, 2007 08:19 PM
Slay
Skyhighatrist

I'm currently a bassist in a band called 'De 7 Jensjes'. We mostly play cover songs, but we're working on out own material. We'll probably change the name pretty soon as well...

Old Post Dec 6th, 2007 08:42 PM
Slay is currently offline Click here to Send Slay a Private Message Find more posts by Slay Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nellinator
Crazy Canuck

Once you got two or three songs you can usually get a gig as an opener at a local show in my experience. Once my band had six quality songs we started headlining, which is about an hour set. Most bands need about eight to fill that. Every venue I've played has played everyone equal with a few exceptions so pretty much as soon as you get a gig you get my money in my experience.

Old Post Dec 6th, 2007 08:45 PM