KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Music Discussion » Hard core metal with FEMALE vocalists

Hard core metal with FEMALE vocalists
Started by: Lara

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Lara
Belladonna

Question Hard core metal with FEMALE vocalists

Common guys share your knowledge!

I know of very few bands with female vocalists and am looking for more to add to my collection so any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Evanescence
(not very hard core I know but I've added them for the hell of it!)

Flyleaf

Paramore (not metal more christian rock)

Lacuna Coil

dislike:

Nightwish

Avril lavigne

Within Temptaion

so there you go that my list exhausted! Please educate me!
I'll listen to any thing a few times before settling and taste, the harder and harsher the music the better as long as it is audiably ledgeable laughing out loud

I look forwards to the replies big grin

be who you are not what they want you to be!

blessed be x

Last edited by Lara on Jan 16th, 2008 at 10:40 PM

Old Post Jan 16th, 2008 10:35 PM
Lara is currently offline Click here to Send Lara a Private Message Find more posts by Lara Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Df02

I know I don't shut up about em but...

Chrome Hoof!

Metal with a female vocalist, but doubt you'd like em.

TotalFormat Forums
tomorrow is so far and I no longer want to find a replacement for all these pictures that are lost in my mind

Old Post Jan 16th, 2008 11:20 PM
Df02 is currently offline Click here to Send Df02 a Private Message Find more posts by Df02 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lara
Belladonna

ok thanks I'll check them out.

be who you are not what they want you to be!

blessed be x

Old Post Jan 16th, 2008 11:42 PM
Lara is currently offline Click here to Send Lara a Private Message Find more posts by Lara Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nellinator
Crazy Canuck

Please do not associate any of those bands with anything "hard core".

Old Post Jan 17th, 2008 12:00 AM
Nellinator is currently offline Click here to Send Nellinator a Private Message Find more posts by Nellinator Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Selphie
you teasing like you do

Arch Enemy, of course.

riding high on love's true bluish light

Old Post Jan 17th, 2008 12:57 AM
Selphie is currently offline Click here to Send Selphie a Private Message Find more posts by Selphie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tempe Brennan
Bones

You don't like Within Temptation? You don't like Nightwish? *grabs hammer and smashes heads in*

I'm insulted.

Arch Enemy are good, I'd say them. Leaves Eyes, perhaps? Tristiana?
Delain are another good one to check out, also MacBeth Band.

Thanks Passione

Old Post Jan 17th, 2008 05:44 AM
Tempe Brennan is currently offline Click here to Send Tempe Brennan a Private Message Find more posts by Tempe Brennan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardiel13
Elite Cannon Fodder

quote: (post)
Originally posted by SelphieT
Arch Enemy, of course.

Seconded. I saw them live at Gigantour. The vocalist sounds like Skwisgaar's mom when she talks.

Old Post Jan 18th, 2008 04:23 PM
Bardiel13 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardiel13 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardiel13 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Selphie
you teasing like you do

Originally posted by Bardiel13
Seconded. I saw them live at Gigantour. The vocalist sounds like Skwisgaar's mom when she talks.

Oh god that's hot.

riding high on love's true bluish light

Old Post Jan 18th, 2008 05:50 PM
Selphie is currently offline Click here to Send Selphie a Private Message Find more posts by Selphie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tempe Brennan
Bones

Originally posted by Bardiel13

Angela Gossow, I think it's spelled. She has an awesome voice, demonic sounding

Thanks Passione

Old Post Jan 19th, 2008 04:36 AM
Tempe Brennan is currently offline Click here to Send Tempe Brennan a Private Message Find more posts by Tempe Brennan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tabby999
Music Idiot apparently

The only time i've heard a scream that genuinely didn't sound like a woman could make it was from Otep (from the band Otep coincidentally)

I am aware that "your" should be "you're," and while I know I should change it as not to offend the grammar fans around the boards, school always said not to bow to peer pressure so it stays as it is

Old Post Jan 19th, 2008 09:33 AM
tabby999 is currently offline Click here to Send tabby999 a Private Message Find more posts by tabby999 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General G
Canadian.

Oh my god, I have the perfect band for this then, I have been listenning to them non-stop and they are awesome, it is mostly or all the time depending on the song a female doing the singing, just remember you listen to a whole song before you come with an opinion. They are called "The Agonist" and have mystified me.

Made by Tiffy!

Old Post Jan 19th, 2008 10:29 PM
General G is currently offline Click here to Send General G a Private Message Find more posts by General G Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tempe Brennan
Bones

^ Will check them out, I am always on the lookout for female fronted rock bands. smile

Thanks Passione

Old Post Jan 20th, 2008 02:58 AM
StyleTime

Try Kittie or Otep.

Old Post Jan 20th, 2008 03:41 AM
StyleTime is currently offline Click here to Send StyleTime a Private Message Find more posts by StyleTime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tabby999
Music Idiot apparently

Oh yeah, Jack Off Jill are pretty intense too, not hardcore really, but very catchy and very offensive.

I am aware that "your" should be "you're," and while I know I should change it as not to offend the grammar fans around the boards, school always said not to bow to peer pressure so it stays as it is

Old Post Jan 20th, 2008 07:02 AM
tabby999 is currently offline Click here to Send tabby999 a Private Message Find more posts by tabby999 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tempe Brennan
Bones

Kittie, Otep, Jack Off Jill - female fronted, male fronted, or both?

Thanks Passione

Old Post Jan 20th, 2008 08:02 AM
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

I only like when women scream during sex (or rape). During music, a woman screaming sounds like like nails on a chalkboard than the rough, vicious vocals they want it to sound like.

During a metal song, if it must be a woman singing, I'd rather it be soft feminine vocals. There's something about the mesh of loud hard music with a soft sweet-sounding voice that I kinda like.

Last edited by BackFire on Jan 20th, 2008 at 10:10 AM

Old Post Jan 20th, 2008 10:06 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General G
Canadian.

Then The Agonist is for you also, she does both. wink

Made by Tiffy!

Old Post Jan 20th, 2008 07:21 PM
General G is currently offline Click here to Send General G a Private Message Find more posts by General G Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rapidash

Originally posted by Lara
Common guys share your knowledge!

I know of very few bands with female vocalists and am looking for more to add to my collection so any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Evanescence
(not very hard core I know but I've added them for the hell of it!)

Flyleaf

Lacuna Coil

dislike:

Nightwish

Avril lavigne

Within Temptaion

so there you go that my list exhausted! Please educate me!
I'll listen to any thing a few times before settling and taste, the harder and harsher the music the better as long as it is audiably ledgeable laughing out loud

I look forwards to the replies big grin

Tarja was an awesome singer for Nightwish no expression

Perspective

Old Post Jan 20th, 2008 07:27 PM
Rapidash is currently offline Click here to Send Rapidash a Private Message Find more posts by Rapidash Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tempe Brennan
Bones

Originally posted by BackFire
During a metal song, if it must be a woman singing, I'd rather it be soft feminine vocals. There's something about the mesh of loud hard music with a soft sweet-sounding voice that I kinda like.

You need to listen to some Nightwish, then. smile

@LadyFox: Yes, Tarja was a great singer for Nightwish! I am sorry she has left, I'd prefer her over Anette anyday.

Thanks Passione

Old Post Jan 21st, 2008 06:03 AM
Impediment
Endless

Re: Hard core metal with FEMALE vocalists

Originally posted by Lara
Evanescence

Lacuna Coil

Avril lavigne

These bands, while fronted by female vocalists, are anything but metal, muchless Hardcore.

Arch Enemy is fronted, in my opinion, by the best and most gutteral of females, Angela Gossow. Good listening there.

Otep is hard, but I went to a live show, and Otep's vocals were horrible, almost as if her growls were studio enhanced.

I also went to a Kittie show once (regrettably) because I was bored and was with friends. Not only were Morgan Lander's vocals horrible, like she had a mouthful of steaming cock, but the bands presence was nothing short of a high school cover band.

In my opinion. smile

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Jan 21st, 2008 06:47 AM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote