KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Music Discussion » Are MP3 and IPOD players taking over CDS?

Are MP3 and IPOD players taking over CDS?
Started by: coolmovies

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
coolmovies

Are MP3 and IPOD players taking over CDS?

Are MP3 AND ipod players taking over your CD collection ? Store tons of songs on your MP3 player no need for a CD ?

I think CD is dead

Old Post Mar 18th, 2008 06:11 PM
coolmovies is currently offline Click here to Send coolmovies a Private Message Find more posts by coolmovies Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

Yes, CD is fading out existance...moving to music forum...

Old Post Mar 18th, 2008 06:15 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zeal Ex Nihilo
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by coolmovies
Are MP3 AND ipod players taking over your CD collection ? Store tons of songs on your MP3 player no need for a CD ?

I think CD is dead

Duh.

Except for vidjagames.

Old Post Mar 18th, 2008 06:16 PM
Zeal Ex Nihilo is currently offline Click here to Send Zeal Ex Nihilo a Private Message Find more posts by Zeal Ex Nihilo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

most digital music is highly compressed and loses alot of sound quality if you're playing your music through a high end system...so as long as there are high sound quality enthusiasts that benefit from some kind of format that doesn't invlove large amounts of compression that come from mp3 players then CD's...or at least super audio CD's will probably still remain...if somewhat in limited numbers

You come at the King, you best not miss!

Old Post Mar 18th, 2008 06:23 PM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
coolmovies

What will happen to HI FI'S Systems ?? will they die too ?

Old Post Mar 18th, 2008 06:25 PM
coolmovies is currently offline Click here to Send coolmovies a Private Message Find more posts by coolmovies Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

I hope CDs and Hi-Fis stay around forever. I like to have the CD, CD Case and whatever booklets come with it. Physical back up too, not just backed up on to computer...

Well records are still around and we see bands releasing record versions of their albums, so don't think CDs will vanish for a longggggggggg time.

Saying that, I still use a mp3 player mostly for it's a lot easier for me instead of playing around with the cds/cases.

Old Post Mar 18th, 2008 06:59 PM
MildPossession is currently offline Click here to Send MildPossession a Private Message Find more posts by MildPossession Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blue_Hefner

Yes.

Old Post Mar 18th, 2008 11:16 PM
Blue_Hefner is currently offline Click here to Send Blue_Hefner a Private Message Find more posts by Blue_Hefner Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

No. stick out tongue

Old Post Mar 18th, 2008 11:32 PM
MildPossession is currently offline Click here to Send MildPossession a Private Message Find more posts by MildPossession Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Hopefully, CD's are still part of the music industry. I like having the hard copy also.

But if they go away, well, what can you do?

Old Post Mar 19th, 2008 03:35 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blue_Hefner

What's a CD?

Old Post Mar 19th, 2008 12:42 PM
Blue_Hefner is currently offline Click here to Send Blue_Hefner a Private Message Find more posts by Blue_Hefner Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

What about people who are not computer people or don't want the internet or don't like to use their credit cards online and so on, very unfair.

Old Post Mar 19th, 2008 05:00 PM
jinXed by JaNx

Originally posted by MildPossession
What about people who are not computer people or don't want the internet or don't like to use their credit cards online and so on, very unfair.

im sure, in the future, they will make programs even easier to operate.

I like the Cd aspect for exploration. Going to the local eXchange or used cd/dvd store is very much fun. I feel, almost as if im at a flea market, searching for that ONE piece of gold lol

Old Post Mar 20th, 2008 06:45 PM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deathblow
-

I lost my almost High Fidelity-esque ''must have limited edition fold out CD'' attitude a while ago, round about the time when I got a really good soundsystem for my laptop which along with iTunes made my stereo system, and thus CDs, obsolete. I still like buying albums now and again, but it's only stuff I like a lot and feel the need to possess a physical copy of rather than downloaded mp3s. I've gone from four or five (CDs purchased) a month, to one or two every other month.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2008 11:02 PM
Deathblow is currently offline Click here to Send Deathblow a Private Message Find more posts by Deathblow Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

Originally posted by jaden101
most digital music is highly compressed and loses alot of sound quality if you're playing your music through a high end system...so as long as there are high sound quality enthusiasts that benefit from some kind of format that doesn't invlove large amounts of compression that come from mp3 players then CD's...or at least super audio CD's will probably still remain...if somewhat in limited numbers

thumb up

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2008 04:53 AM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

It's been a year since I last bought a CD. Now that I have my brand new laptop, I'll be getting my music store in my library and eventually get one of those MP3's that can store up to 3,000 songs. Two years from now, I doubt my music will be coming from a store.

Which reminds me...here in the States Tower Record was a very succesful music store (for many years) with lots of locations. They went out of business more than a year ago. It's clearly a sign of the times. CD sales are startin to decrease in the market. So, it's happening right before our eyes.

Last edited by WanderingDroid on Mar 26th, 2008 at 04:06 PM

Old Post Mar 25th, 2008 10:19 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tempe Brennan
Bones

Why the **** would anyone want to get digital downloads anyway? I prefer buying an album with a CD cover and that little booklet with the lyrics. I don't wish to have to download frigging songs from the bloody internet and pay for them. Whoever heard of paying for songs? Geez...most stores here don't even stock CD singles anymore, everyone just downloads them...

Thanks Passione

Old Post Mar 26th, 2008 05:13 AM
Tempe Brennan is currently offline Click here to Send Tempe Brennan a Private Message Find more posts by Tempe Brennan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Pezmerga
Black Knight

I always buy albums.Even if I just put them on my Computer, I just like the fact that I own the damn album and I will always have it.

Old Post Mar 26th, 2008 05:22 AM
Pezmerga is currently offline Click here to Send Pezmerga a Private Message Find more posts by Pezmerga Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

Originally posted by Tempe Brennan
Why the **** would anyone want to get digital downloads anyway? I prefer buying an album with a CD cover and that little booklet with the lyrics. I don't wish to have to download frigging songs from the bloody internet and pay for them. Whoever heard of paying for songs? Geez...most stores here don't even stock CD singles anymore, everyone just downloads them...

You can get the lyrics online....

Old Post Mar 26th, 2008 04:06 PM
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Pezmerga
I always buy albums.Even if I just put them on my Computer, I just like the fact that I own the damn album and I will always have it.

Quoted for truth, as they say.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

I review comics and such here: http://welcometothemast.blogspot.com

Old Post Mar 26th, 2008 04:38 PM
Alpha Centauri is currently offline Click here to Send Alpha Centauri a Private Message Find more posts by Alpha Centauri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
shiv
Spirit of Tengu

Drinking fresh pressed Peach juice is not the same as holding the soft gold fruit in your hand and taking a bite out of it.

Old Post Mar 27th, 2008 12:44 AM
shiv is currently offline Click here to Send shiv a Private Message Find more posts by shiv Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote