KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Music Discussion » Bullet For My Valntine: Screamo or Emo?

Metal or Emo?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Metal 4 66.67%
Emo 2 33.33%
Total: 6 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Bullet For My Valntine: Screamo or Emo?
Started by: LLLLLink

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
LLLLLink
The Juror of Courage

Bullet For My Valntine: Screamo or Emo?

In your opinion, is BFMV more of a metal core/nu metal band, or would you classify it as emo music?

Also, don't come in here (or any thread) saying that /b/'s music suck, for that is a sure sign that your opinion is worthless and you are insecure.

Old Post May 20th, 2010 08:17 PM
LLLLLink is currently offline Click here to Send LLLLLink a Private Message Find more posts by LLLLLink Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Slay
Skyhighatrist

Maybe you're insecure to the point that you dismiss people's opinion on your taste in music as worthless, even telling them not to give their opinion if they dislike the band in question, because you can't stand to hear them say they dislike your favourite band?

Also, BFMV are quite obviously metal.

Old Post May 20th, 2010 08:20 PM
Slay is currently offline Click here to Send Slay a Private Message Find more posts by Slay Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LLLLLink
The Juror of Courage

^ Perfect example. Did not address the topic.

Edit: Editting is useful.

Last edited by LLLLLink on May 20th, 2010 at 08:25 PM

Old Post May 20th, 2010 08:21 PM
LLLLLink is currently offline Click here to Send LLLLLink a Private Message Find more posts by LLLLLink Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Slay
Skyhighatrist

quote: (post)
Originally posted by LLLLLink
^ Perfect example. Did not address the topic.

I did.

Old Post May 20th, 2010 08:22 PM
Slay is currently offline Click here to Send Slay a Private Message Find more posts by Slay Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Slay
Skyhighatrist

I edited before you posted though. Might've been seconds between my editing and your post, but still.

Old Post May 21st, 2010 05:11 PM
AsbestosFlaygon
The Original One

Neither. They are a metal band, most probably of the metalcore genre.

"Farewell, Damos... Ash, Pikachu... And you. All of my beloved." -- Arceus

Old Post May 26th, 2010 12:39 PM
AsbestosFlaygon is currently offline Click here to Send AsbestosFlaygon a Private Message Find more posts by AsbestosFlaygon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
It's xyz!
Restricted

Account Restricted

I'd compare them to papa roach.

Then reach the conclusion they're emo.

Bulbasaur, the original... Pepe.

Last edited by Raz on Jan 1st 2000 at 00:00AM

Old Post May 26th, 2010 04:21 PM
It's xyz! is currently offline Click here to Send It's xyz! a Private Message Find more posts by It's xyz! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

Metal, not 'Emo'. Or Metalcore if you must go into more labels as mentioned already.

Old Post May 26th, 2010 06:01 PM
MildPossession is currently offline Click here to Send MildPossession a Private Message Find more posts by MildPossession Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Slay
Skyhighatrist

Originally posted by lord xyz
I'd compare them to papa roach.

Then reach the conclusion they're emo.

They're in no shape or form emo. Not in the Fugazi, Grey Matter or Jawbreaker way and not in the Fallout Boy, Taking Back Sunday and Panic! At the Disco way.

By the way, I'm not trying to start a discussion on what real emo is or isn't, it's just that BFMV aren't influenced by either of the two 'genres', at least not judging by the few songs I've heard by them.

Old Post May 26th, 2010 06:08 PM
Clone
War Goddess

Originally posted by Slay
I edited before you posted though. Might've been seconds between my editing and your post, but still.
AAAAAAHAHAHAHAH i just think its funny when people say "but still." you just automatically win the talk.

Bullet for MV is pretty metal sounding to me

hey since when is fugazi emo?? arent they punk?

Old Post May 27th, 2010 06:58 AM
Clone is currently offline Click here to Send Clone a Private Message Find more posts by Clone Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RedAlertv2

Emo originally stood for emotive hardcore, which branched off of hardcore punk. So yeah I'd say they count as a punk band but they were also one of the founding emo bands

How Could Hell Be Any Worse?

Old Post May 27th, 2010 08:39 AM
RedAlertv2 is currently offline Click here to Send RedAlertv2 a Private Message Find more posts by RedAlertv2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Clone
War Goddess

Originally posted by RedAlertv2
Emo originally stood for emotive hardcore, which branched off of hardcore punk. So yeah I'd say they count as a punk band but they were also one of the founding emo bands
Well I see. I know emo stands for emotive hardcore but I didn't know fugazi was one of the founders of emo

Old Post May 27th, 2010 06:33 PM
Clone is currently offline Click here to Send Clone a Private Message Find more posts by Clone Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LLLLLink
The Juror of Courage

Well, my opinion is that they are mostly metal core. I've seen statements where they say that they have taken influence from Metallica, Iron Maiden and Slayer (wiki).

They have some slighty emo-sounding songs, like Hand of Blood (notice the words).

Then they have some heavier-sounding songs, like Waking the Demon.

Old Post May 27th, 2010 10:33 PM
RedAlertv2

That first song doesnt sound like emo. It doesnt sound like what emo really is, and like Slay said, these guys don't even sound like the bands that get mis-labelled as emo. Cliche heartbreak lyrics don't make a band emo.
Originally posted by Clone
Well I see. I know emo stands for emotive hardcore but I didn't know fugazi was one of the founders of emo
Fuh sho

Last edited by RedAlertv2 on May 28th, 2010 at 01:36 AM

Old Post May 28th, 2010 01:34 AM
RedAlertv2 is currently offline Click here to Send RedAlertv2 a Private Message Find more posts by RedAlertv2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Clone
War Goddess

That first song doesnt sound like emo. It doesnt sound like what emo really is, and like Slay said, these guys don't even sound like the bands that get mis-labelled as emo. Cliche heartbreak lyrics don't make a band emo. Fuh sho
how many emo styles are there? is that why taking back sunday say they're alternative now and not emo??

Old Post May 28th, 2010 01:45 AM
RedAlertv2

Well in my opinion, the only true emo is the likes of bands like Fugazi, Sunny Day Real Estate, and Jawbreaker. But somewhere along the line people started labeling a lot of modern bands as emo, under the pretense that emo stands for "emotional." Which I think is silly, all music is emotional in one way or another.

I would call Taking Back Sunday pop rock. I haven't heard their new stuff but their old work definitely wasn't emo, and I've never really been clear on what alternative means.

Old Post May 28th, 2010 05:59 AM
Clone
War Goddess

Well in my opinion, the only true emo is the likes of bands like Fugazi, Sunny Day Real Estate, and Jawbreaker. But somewhere along the line people started labeling a lot of modern bands as emo, under the pretense that emo stands for "emotional." Which I think is silly, all music is emotional in one way or another.

I would call Taking Back Sunday pop rock. I haven't heard their new stuff but their old work definitely wasn't emo, and I've never really been clear on what alternative means.
you have no idea how many times i tried to understand the whole emo movements. sad sad double sad face

i do understand emo kids have the blame in starting the confusion

Old Post May 28th, 2010 06:05 AM
LLLLLink
The Juror of Courage

For me, "emo" comes to mind when I hear phrases that suggest a lack of self-esteem or a desire to harm yourself. Perhaps that is a bit harsh, but meh. I still like Bullet.

Old Post May 28th, 2010 08:39 PM
RedAlertv2

Lyrics alone aren't enough to qualify a band as emo. There's nothing wrong with you liking this band, but calling them emo is inaccurate.

Old Post May 29th, 2010 07:22 AM
Blinky
Android First Class

Since you seem to like labeling music so much... why not just give their music the most accurate and descriptive label of "shit".

"Some people never go crazy. What truly horrible lives they must lead."

Old Post May 29th, 2010 08:40 PM
Blinky is currently offline Click here to Send Blinky a Private Message Find more posts by Blinky Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote