KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Music Discussion » J Money (My Music)

J Money (My Music)
Started by: Davis Bloome

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Davis Bloome
Death Must Follow

J Money (My Music)

What's up everyone, I'm an aspiring artist from Detroit, & I'm relatively new to the music scene. I've been writing music for this entire year, & only been recording music for about the last two months or so. I'm basically trying to get as many people listening to my music as possible, so I'd really appreciate it if you all could support me & listen to the music. I don't care whether you're a rap fan or not, all opinions are welcome by me. cool

Rough

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9g7ria74DA

Here We Go

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9q8ixgbM2yI

Gansta

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2tLEZH6m3HQ

Harder Than Ever

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gG_oK7HLALA

Deeper Than Rap

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kpRR7p99ggQ

Beef

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dfTEMHLrV7U

Rough Remix

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YUDCHu7_Naw

Hello Good Morning

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GndHJ4vIcIc

Love Don't Live Here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yw8A21yZdNo

Unthinkable (I'm Ready)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=drX4aTLmFFw

Cold Wind Blows

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5DxMSo2GjWE

Ice Cream Paint Job

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UwA0THiE2tQ

Whirlwind of Chaos

Old Post Jul 31st, 2010 11:40 AM
Davis Bloome is currently offline Click here to Send Davis Bloome a Private Message Find more posts by Davis Bloome Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Davis Bloome
Death Must Follow

Whirlwind of Chaos

Old Post Aug 4th, 2010 02:43 AM
Davis Bloome is currently offline Click here to Send Davis Bloome a Private Message Find more posts by Davis Bloome Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr. Leg Kick
Aesculapius

I'm a huge hip hop fan, I make beats for fun as well.

As for this, how do you consider this "real hip hop"? Some of these songs have nice production but the lyrics are throwing me off. It's not my cup of tea.

'Love Don't Live Here' and 'Cold Wind Blows' are the nice tracks from the list.

As for the 'J Money' name, I'm pretty sure there's already a J Money.

Life is short and the art long, the occasion instant, experiment perilous, decision difficult.

Old Post Aug 4th, 2010 07:34 PM
Dr. Leg Kick is currently offline Click here to Send Dr. Leg Kick a Private Message Find more posts by Dr. Leg Kick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wei Phoenix
One-Eyed Dragon Of Oshu

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Dr. Leg Kick
I'm a huge hip hop fan, I make beats for fun as well.

As for this, how do you consider this "real hip hop"? Some of these songs have nice production but the lyrics are throwing me off. It's not my cup of tea.

'Love Don't Live Here' and 'Cold Wind Blows' are the nice tracks from the list.

As for the 'J Money' name, I'm pretty sure there's already a J Money.

Agreed, I only listened to the For My Town track but J Money wasn't very impressive and that diamond, kobe in his prime thing really confused me. It didn't seem to stay on beat.

You Wa Shock!

Old Post Aug 5th, 2010 03:02 AM
Wei Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Wei Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Wei Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr. Leg Kick
Aesculapius

Don't take these as disses.

Life is short and the art long, the occasion instant, experiment perilous, decision difficult.

Old Post Aug 5th, 2010 06:39 AM
Dr. Leg Kick is currently offline Click here to Send Dr. Leg Kick a Private Message Find more posts by Dr. Leg Kick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Davis Bloome
Death Must Follow

Everybody is entitled to their opinion but I consider it real hip hop because we're not making pop songs, we're making actual rap songs, & the lyrics speak to how we really are. We aren't claiming to be something we aren't, or any shit like that. As I said, you're entitled to your opinion, but I'm happy with the direction of the music.

Whirlwind of Chaos

Old Post Aug 9th, 2010 08:28 AM
Davis Bloome
Death Must Follow

Alright, I was a little busy earlier so I didn't go in depth with my comment but basically what I mean is that I define real hip hop as being rapping from the heart, & actually having talent when you do so. That's what guys like 2Pac, Biggie, Eminem, etc. have done or did. And I'm a big fan of 2Pac, which is the person I largely take my style from. At this point, I feel like our music is real hip hop because we rap about what pertains to us, & in some instances, I feel like I'm rapping for the youth around my age & what not.

Now, keep in mind, I've only been rapping for two months. I only seriously started actually writing songs this year because I finally found my style. Before that, I looked at rap as something I'd do for fun, & I didn't really take it seriously, but now I do, & I'm very passionate about it. I recently listened to all of my songs, & I hear growth. From my first song ("Rough") up until now, I think I've improved a lot, especially with delivery.

Don't get me wrong, I'm still not as good as I could potentially be, but in order to completely find your musical side, you have to be intact with who you are as a person, & I'm still finding who I am, so that's why I think my music will grow as I grow as a person. Some songs are almost like warm up songs (like "Harder Than Ever") whereas the majority of my songs deal with some type of emotion I'm feeling, being anger, sadness, paranoia, whatever. Listen to songs like "Deeper Than Rap" where I touch on some of my problems. To me, that's real hip hop, & I plan on doing more of that down the road.

At the end of the day all I can hope for is that a good enough portion of people enjoy the music I put out, & so far I've received far more positive than negative feedback, which I feel very blessed for. My perrogative at this point is just to continue to make music because I'm passionate about it, & to let myself develop & grow overtime as an artist. Truthfully, I feel like I'm just starting to hit my mark & I don't think I'm nearly as lyrical as I could potentially be, but again, we'll see about that in time.

Newest song:

Throw It In The Bag

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5YEKp429-ys

Whirlwind of Chaos

Old Post Aug 9th, 2010 10:22 AM
Dr. Leg Kick
Aesculapius

Originally posted by Davis Bloome
And I'm a big fan of 2Pac, which is the person I largely take my style from.

That's my point.

Old Post Aug 10th, 2010 03:38 AM
Davis Bloome
Death Must Follow

I've taken my style from him, but I don't bite him. Yeah, I use phrases like "Thug Life" & shit like that, but that's because I understand the purpose behind Thug Life, & what it represents, & it speaks to someone like me, hence why I'm utilizing it. I don't say it just because it sounds catchy or nothing like that, I say it because that's what I choose to represent.

Whirlwind of Chaos

Old Post Aug 10th, 2010 04:46 AM
Dr. Leg Kick
Aesculapius

Not too step too far from the main topic, but what programs/hardware do you use to make your beats.

Old Post Aug 10th, 2010 06:13 AM
Davis Bloome
Death Must Follow

I don't make the beats, actually, TJ makes the beats, & we use FL Studio 9.

Whirlwind of Chaos

Old Post Aug 11th, 2010 03:13 PM
Davis Bloome
Death Must Follow

No Love

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pumKXY1c-O8

Hands down, I'd say this is our best song yet.

Whirlwind of Chaos

Old Post Aug 29th, 2010 06:34 AM
Davis Bloome
Death Must Follow

Love The Way You Lie

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m6Sc4vLjv38

Probably the last song I'll drop online for a little while.

Whirlwind of Chaos

Old Post Aug 31st, 2010 01:10 PM
Kaibs
Oh Miley.

Originally posted by Davis Bloome
I don't make the beats, actually, TJ makes the beats, & we use FL Studio 9.

There's your first problem right there. As an engineer, producer, and DJ I can tell you right now that "Soulja Boy'in" it up won't get you a contract if that's what you're looking for. I'd use Nuendo, or Logic if you're making a rap or hip hop beat, and don't mix it in FL. FL sucks. Pro Tools LE would even be a better option.

As for your microphone are you using a condenser or a dynamic microphone. I'm guessing it's a dynamic microphone hopefully a SM-58.

The lyrics could be better, but it's not horrible. I wouldn't go as far to say it's amazing.

But you get props from me for posting your stuff man. I'd say engineer it better, and work on your lyrics. Tell your friend to stop making beats on FL, maybe buy a Synth. The Virus series are great, as are some Rolands. Or you could be smart and buy a midi trigger.

Have you lost your mind? Tell me where you think we crossed the line. No more drugs for me, pussy and religion is all I need.

Old Post Aug 31st, 2010 01:50 PM
Kaibs is currently offline Click here to Send Kaibs a Private Message Find more posts by Kaibs Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kaibs
Oh Miley.

Oh, and if you know your consoles I work with the SSL Duality SE

Taken from my studio I work in.

(please log in to view the image)

Have you lost your mind? Tell me where you think we crossed the line. No more drugs for me, pussy and religion is all I need.

Old Post Aug 31st, 2010 01:53 PM
Kaibs is currently offline Click here to Send Kaibs a Private Message Find more posts by Kaibs Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr. Leg Kick
Aesculapius

I'm not too crazy about FL Studio, but I wouldn't knock it, 9th Wonder makes some of the nicest beats from just using FL.

Old Post Aug 31st, 2010 03:17 PM
Kaibs
Oh Miley.

Eh... 9th Wonder is alight. He's definitely not my favorite producer by any means. I rather go with DJ Premier, Cool & Dre, Dr. Dre, Kanye, ect ect.

Old Post Aug 31st, 2010 03:56 PM
Dr. Leg Kick
Aesculapius

Originally posted by Kaibs
Eh... 9th Wonder is alight. He's definitely not my favorite producer by any means. I rather go with DJ Premier, Cool & Dre, Dr. Dre, Kanye, ect ect.
By no means was I comparing to Premo and the rest.

Adding to your list, I'm a fan of Kno of Cunninlynguists and Stoupe from JMT.

Old Post Aug 31st, 2010 04:03 PM
Kaibs
Oh Miley.

Stoupe is very legit. I'm not a Storch fan tho. He's alright, but he's pretty annoying. Of course tho we're talking about producers and not the rappers. Manny Fresh is also good. Even though he hasn't done shit in ages.

Old Post Aug 31st, 2010 04:12 PM
Dr. Leg Kick
Aesculapius

Don't think I mentioned Storch, but I liked Storch during the beginning of The Roots career.

Old Post Aug 31st, 2010 07:10 PM