KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Music Discussion » Control - Kendrick Lamar

Control - Kendrick Lamar
Started by: KingD19

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

Control - Kendrick Lamar

Any rap/hip-hop enthusiast hear K.Dot's verse on Big Sean's song featuring Kendrick and Jay Electronica?

It's been lighting up the internet since Monday night when he posted the song up.

He essentially compares himself to the rap greats and calls out a lot of people in the rap game to not only step their game up, but to get back to the competitive nature of the genre.

Old Post Aug 14th, 2013 04:56 PM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

A few people have posted their reponses.

B.O.B.'s was meh.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Aug 14th, 2013 11:20 PM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19

I liked Joell Ortiz's.

Old Post Aug 15th, 2013 01:36 AM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Based
iPinoy

"New n*ggas just new n*ggas don't get involved."

*50 randoms and scrubs make Kendrick responses.*

People liked B.O.B. 's but I think his lyrics are whack. All he did was copy Kendrick's and Drake's flow. Wow. Lupe was good for a song he made in two hours but I don't know why he got involved.

Someone who got mentioned better make a response otherwise Kendrick just proved the rap game is made up of pussies.

Old Post Aug 15th, 2013 08:49 PM
Based is currently offline Click here to Send Based a Private Message Find more posts by Based Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19

The funny thing is, the only people insulted or feeling like he dissed them are people he specifically didn't mention. All the guys he did he's cool with and just wanted to say that friendships aside, Rap is a competitive genre and he wanted it to go back to being that way. And they're the ones that don't feel insulted(but should still respond as he did pose a challenge).

I guess BOB felt insulted since Kendrick did a song with him and didn't call him out.

Old Post Aug 15th, 2013 09:01 PM
Based
iPinoy

True that's a good reason but really the ones that really should be making some great comeback music are the guys form NY. I wanna see Nas, Hov and the A$AP crew fvck shit up. I hope Kendrick did enough to motivate them but I haven't heard of any of those guys say something about this. Hell Fiddy might say something about that NY claim before them..

Anyways I wonder why Kanye wasn't mentioned. He's 10 times better than half those people he mentioned. Maybe he's too good too be mentioned here lol.

Old Post Aug 16th, 2013 12:23 AM
Based is currently offline Click here to Send Based a Private Message Find more posts by Based Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19

Well he pointed out in the verse. "Eminem, Andre 3000, the rest of y'all. New n*ggas just new n*ggas, don't get involved."

He didn't call out Kanye because he regards him in that class with the greats like Andre, Em, Jay, Nas, etc... And he's not calling them out. They did their thing already.

Out of everybody who responded, no one was on the list he mentioned. But from New York I think it was Joell Ortiz, that kid from X-Factor, Astro, and Fred The Godson.

Lupe responded, so did BOB and Cassidy.

Old Post Aug 16th, 2013 12:39 AM
Darth Martin

Kanye at this point is garbage. I wouldn't put him up there with the likes of those individuals in an all-time discussion either.

The song was crazy. When I heard the following line he had me like.......

"I'm dressed in all black, this is not for the fan of Elvis
I'm aimin' straight for your pelvis, you can't stomach me
You plan on stumpin' me? ***** I’ve been jumped before you put a gun on me
***** I put one on yours, I'm Sean Connery
James Bonding with none of you niggas
, climbing 100 mil in front of me"

(please log in to view the image)

Last edited by Darth Martin on Sep 1st, 2013 at 06:24 AM

Old Post Sep 1st, 2013 06:18 AM
Darth Martin is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Martin a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Martin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheDude666
Rip Guy222

Kendrick lamar isssssssssssssssss whackkk.
If this dude was trying this shit back in the 90's
He would of got his career ended
Nas, wu tang, ice cube, krs one, rakim, pac, Big L, big Pun, uncle murda, AZ, black thought, cypress hill, scarface etc
The hip-POP gane today is what it is, pop. Kendrick lamar is lyrically shit, overall shit.
Eughhh i have a head ache.
Hes not king of NY nor is any of the "artists" Greatest Of All Time, He's is really really shit, then again, hip hop is dead, thanks to current "hip hop" rappers

Last edited by TheDude666 on Sep 1st, 2013 at 09:14 PM

Old Post Sep 1st, 2013 09:11 PM
TheDude666 is currently offline Click here to Send TheDude666 a Private Message Find more posts by TheDude666 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

It's ironic because you seem to have missed the point of his bar entirely.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Sep 1st, 2013 09:39 PM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheDude666
Rip Guy222

He wants rap to go back to how it used to be, never mossed the point, disregarded it because he never started in the game how it used to be, nor would he have survived back then, hes signing his own death certificate.

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2013 12:00 AM
TheDude666 is currently offline Click here to Send TheDude666 a Private Message Find more posts by TheDude666 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

His skills as a rapper are irrelevant in regards to the quality of rap today. Whether he's a master rapper or not doesn't mean you can ignore how shit modern rap.

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2013 02:01 AM
KingD19

Lol if you think Kendrick is whack in any regard, especially lyrics and bars. Listen to Good Kid m.a.a.d City. Hell, listen to his original EP and Overly Dedicated. His first 2 mixtapes. Kendrick is one of the best young artists out today, and one of the best lyricists ever, not only from California, but ever.

If you think different your head doesn't work right or you're just hating on him and have never actually listened to his songs.

Also, he was already literally crowned King of the West Coast by Snoop Dogg and Dr. Dre. As for saying he's King of New York. You clearly didn't catch the bar as while he might have been speaking literally just to rile people up(despite the fact that he actually gets more record plays in New York than most New York rappers), it was an allusion to Biggie calling himself the King of NY, and therefore comparing himself to Biggie.

As well as the movie King of NY where Chris Walken murders all of his competition with no remorse, even though he knew most of them. The same thing Kendrick is doing.

Last edited by KingD19 on Sep 2nd, 2013 at 07:23 AM

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2013 07:21 AM
TheDude666
Rip Guy222

Best lyricists ever?
Awwww hell no! Im not even wasting my time with you, you dont know real hip hop/rap, no "rap" artist today, the majority are Not rappers
Lamar, drake, asap rocky, lil wayne, nicki minaj, lil sean, lil jon etc
Not lyricists, pop artists, your head is definately not straight. And snoop dogg and dre? They sold out a while ago, so them saying that doesnt surprise me.
Lamar does NOT come close to the likes of GZA, Raekwon, GFK, Eminem, Krs-one, Big Daddy Kane, Common, LL cool J, canibus, RZA, Redman, Pac, Biggie, Ice Cube, Mc Ren, Rakim, Nas, Scarface, Black Rob, Warren G, Nate Dogg(Lyrically)
Please dont come to me telling me lamar is one of the best "rappers-lyricists" ever, and before you start going, "but dre said" no, **** dre, he didnt even write his own lyrics as for snoop, guys lost beef to eazy e, an hes worse than dre for not writing his own shit.
Please dont come at me with this new school vs old school shit.
Gawd, lol, "lamar is one of the best lyricists, not just west coast, but ever!"
Hahahahahaha you gotta be smoking crack.

Last edited by TheDude666 on Sep 2nd, 2013 at 10:27 AM

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2013 10:24 AM
KingD19

You just proved that not only do you not know anything about comics or movies, but music either. Tsk tsk tsk.

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2013 06:27 PM
TheDude666
Rip Guy222

quote: (post)
Originally posted by KingD19
You just proved that not only do you not know anything about comics or movies, but music either. Tsk tsk tsk.
I know enough about comics, a lot about movies and more than enough than you about music please, stop embarrasing yourself, lol, you proved you know nothing of hip hop, qhen you said lamar was one of the greats laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2013 09:07 PM
Darth Martin

Lol at this troll saying Kendrick Lamar is wack. Ignorance.

Old Post Sep 10th, 2013 07:14 AM
Darth Martin is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Martin a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Martin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Based
iPinoy

Oh hipsters.

Old Post Sep 11th, 2013 12:29 AM
TheDude666
Rip Guy222

im not a troll, but you guys have bad taste, bad judgement on what makes a good rapper. hip/hop an rap is dead, all hip hop artists today are pop artist and they make me sick.

Old Post Sep 11th, 2013 10:52 PM
Wei Phoenix
One-Eyed Dragon Of Oshu

Kendrick Lamar, Ab-Soul hell the whole TDE are some of the only good rappers left rising up. Chance is alright, but DOOM is still the king.

You Wa Shock!

Old Post Sep 13th, 2013 01:58 AM
Wei Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Wei Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Wei Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote