KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Music Discussion » Do you think more bands should make DVDs?

Do you think more bands should make DVDs?
Started by: jfalk68

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
jfalk68

Do you think more bands should make DVDs?

If so, which ones? And would you rather see more DVDs of pre-made music videos or live performances? Seems like every time I turn around, I’m seeing more artist DVDs by artists like Norah Jones, John Mayer, etc. and if I see another DVD from Tupac I’m gonna commit retail hari kari! I love the idea of watching a concert from the relative safety of my living room… however, I’m needing something more than 15 songs that I’m already familiar with, like actual footage of the band off-stage in rehearsals, partying, or interviews with the artist talking about where the songs come from, or whatever. Kinda like behind the music or Spinal Tap. Plus, there are bands out there that I want to know more about than others, like Led Zeppelin, Black Sabbath, Pink Floyd, Santana, etc. – they’re still a mystery to me.

Old Post Jul 9th, 2003 09:39 PM
jfalk68 is currently offline Click here to Send jfalk68 a Private Message Find more posts by jfalk68 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

and lets kick that one to the newly opened music forum smile

Old Post Jul 9th, 2003 09:40 PM
yerssot is currently offline Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

no. theirs already to many. every band has a dvd.

Old Post Jul 10th, 2003 12:43 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tex
Yumsz

Björk has 30 of them

Old Post Jul 10th, 2003 02:10 AM
Tex is currently offline Click here to Send Tex a Private Message Find more posts by Tex Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jfalk68

quote:
Originally posted by BackFire349
no. theirs already to many. every band has a dvd.

Not really, man - it's mostly just contemporary top 40 crap. The only real band to come out with a DVD set in recent times that comes to mind is Zeppelin. If you're a Zeppelin fan, I highly recommend getting it if you haven't already (link is in my sig).

I'm sure Bjork's DVDs are fascinating to watch, but I don't like enough of her songs to want to sit through all 30!

Old Post Jul 10th, 2003 10:12 PM
jfalk68 is currently offline Click here to Send jfalk68 a Private Message Find more posts by jfalk68 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BondJamesBond
Scaramanga Thug

I have that one, and your link looks like SPAM

Old Post Jul 11th, 2003 12:43 AM
BondJamesBond is currently offline Click here to Send BondJamesBond a Private Message Find more posts by BondJamesBond Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jfalk68

Yeah, it does now that you mention it... just enthusiastic about the collection tho.. but if you can suggest a way to share a link with somebody in such a way that it doesn't come across as spam in some form or another, I'm all ears. That's what I thought I was doing, 'cause it's not like that's my permanent sig or anything.

Old Post Jul 11th, 2003 10:19 PM
finti

Zeppelin`s dvd is awesome, pure magic. Especially the Earl court part.
But there are a lot of good DVD`s out there, looking forward to whenever they`re gonna release Deep Purples California Jam

Old Post Jul 12th, 2003 05:04 PM
finti is currently offline Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LindsIsSexyK
ALL GROWN UP NOW =)

Well from the music DVDs that I have seen in the past, I haven't been too impressed so I can take them or leave them.~

Old Post Jul 16th, 2003 10:48 PM
LindsIsSexyK is currently offline Click here to Send LindsIsSexyK a Private Message Find more posts by LindsIsSexyK Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Killer
Glampire

Orgy!!!!

*waits*

Their workin on it.. 8)

http://www.vampirefreaks.com/profile.php?user=synth107etic

Old Post Aug 8th, 2003 12:59 PM
Killer is currently offline Click here to Send Killer a Private Message Find more posts by Killer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cupkake
john's girl

yes, i think they should make dvd's but only of live concerts.....so if u can't go to the conncert u can always watch...i have seen a few and they were great. but of cource they were bands/people i loved

" I want to inpregnant you with my love"
love John Mayer love

I love reading Harry Potter!!

"welcome to the carribean love!" love jack sparrow(ummm yummmy)

Old Post Sep 26th, 2003 07:50 PM
cupkake is currently offline Click here to Send cupkake a Private Message Find more posts by cupkake Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wicker_man
V.2

Certainley i'd luv to see some DVD releases of Nirvana,Bad Religon or Pitchshifter. Two of who are no longer with use.

That's NUMBERWANG!!!

Old Post Sep 26th, 2003 09:22 PM
wicker_man is currently offline Click here to Send wicker_man a Private Message Find more posts by wicker_man Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote