KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Music Discussion » Moggy's musical exchange - The Revenge

Moggy's musical exchange - The Revenge
Started by: mechmoggy

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
mechmoggy
Northern Monkey

Moggy's musical exchange - The Revenge

Okay, some long standing members may remember this thread from way back when.

Basically you can advise other members on what album you think they should buy, but then they get to tell you one to buy too.

IMPORTANT: -
Please don't just come here and type random albums that YOU like, talk to other people first to find out what they're into. And finally, don't suggest albums if you are not prepared to go out and buy others suggestions.

In the past it worked pretty well. I've advised and bought albums after chats with Tex, Mah, Finti and more in the past.

Okay thats enough chatting, I like stuff like Oasis, Charlatans, White Stripes, Kings of Leon, Coldplay, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Royksopp & some heavy metel/rock, plus many more!

Lets get swapping. cool

Old Post Aug 10th, 2003 08:49 AM
mechmoggy is currently offline Click here to Send mechmoggy a Private Message Find more posts by mechmoggy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
diegocala
Replicant

Do you have the new Janes Addiction?

--Siggie Created by Master Godshinto

Whatever happened to my Rock N Roll?
Come in, she said, I'll give you shelter from the storm

Old Post Aug 10th, 2003 10:06 PM
diegocala is currently offline Click here to Send diegocala a Private Message Find more posts by diegocala Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tex
Yumsz

So what should I check out mech?

Old Post Aug 11th, 2003 03:49 AM
Tex is currently offline Click here to Send Tex a Private Message Find more posts by Tex Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mechmoggy
Northern Monkey

I do want the new Janes Addiction album, I've liked them since Been caught stealin' came out, what a track. cool

Have you got it already diegocala? Is it worth buying?

Tex! Me old mucka, me old pal. Have you heard any of the Kings of Leon stuff thats about yet? Very bluesy, very cool. Is there anything thats rocking your world at the minute?

Old Post Aug 11th, 2003 05:25 PM
mechmoggy is currently offline Click here to Send mechmoggy a Private Message Find more posts by mechmoggy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tex
Yumsz

Yeah, have you heard The All American Rejects?

I'll check out the Kingswink

Old Post Aug 12th, 2003 08:50 PM
Tex is currently offline Click here to Send Tex a Private Message Find more posts by Tex Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
diegocala
Replicant

mech, yes I do...and YES it is...That is my first suggustion to you

I am looking for something new

--Siggie Created by Master Godshinto

Whatever happened to my Rock N Roll?
Come in, she said, I'll give you shelter from the storm

Old Post Aug 13th, 2003 01:30 AM
diegocala is currently offline Click here to Send diegocala a Private Message Find more posts by diegocala Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mechmoggy
Northern Monkey

The All American Rejects.....isn't that the dudes who did Swing Swing? That songs pretty kewl. BTW Tex, did you know The Yeah Yeah Yeahs are touring with Bjork in Canada this year. cool

Have you heard any Yeah Yeah Yeahs stuff Diego? Its quite punky but brilliant.

Old Post Aug 13th, 2003 03:06 PM
drumsgirl13
A Misfit

Ush, get the new AFI CD. i heard it kicks ass.

i'm into r&b, hip-hop, rock and punk.

To see what you see
When you look at me
Cuz I could've lived your life instead...
- Stacie Orrico

Old Post Aug 13th, 2003 03:11 PM
drumsgirl13 is currently offline Click here to Send drumsgirl13 a Private Message Find more posts by drumsgirl13 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mechmoggy
Northern Monkey

Ush ain't here girly. wink

With that taste in music you must own some Beastie Boys. cool

Old Post Aug 15th, 2003 01:15 PM
Tex
Yumsz

Yeah Yeah Yeahs? Yeah I heard about thembig grin

Whay kind of music does Ush like anyways?
I'm thinking classicalbig grin

Old Post Aug 16th, 2003 01:00 AM
mechmoggy
Northern Monkey

I really don't know.... confused

Old Post Aug 16th, 2003 11:47 AM
Tex
Yumsz

I dont care that much anywayswink

Old Post Aug 16th, 2003 10:25 PM
mechmoggy
Northern Monkey

Have you heard the Kings of Leon album yet Tex? Its called Youth and Young Manhood. cool

I was trying to think of some Brit bands that I thought you like too, have you heard of a group called The Music? Their self titled first album was one of my fave albums of last year.

My cash flow has been seriously low lately and its Mrs.MM b'day next week so I may not be able to get any of the suggestions on here for a few weeks, but I will. wink

If Mah reads this......have you got the new Coral album yet? I'm hoping to get it next week.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2003 08:13 AM
mah
J-type 327 Nubian

Kings of Leon are great, mechyboy.

No, I haven't got it yet, but I've heard from everyone their songwriting skills are really more refined and that this album by far is the best of the two, so I'll have to get it sometime.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2003 08:39 PM
mah is currently offline Click here to Send mah a Private Message Find more posts by mah Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Who's got some suggestions for me? I'm into ColdPlay as you all know, and classical music as well.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2003 10:58 PM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tex
Yumsz

Yes Coldplay is great, what are some Kings of Leon tracks you would recommend Mech?

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2003 11:41 PM
mechmoggy
Northern Monkey

Track 5 if my fave Tex, its called Trani. There is some real great "my voice is cracking up I'm singing so hard" moments in that track. Also their current single is called Molly's Chambers, thats kewl too. I can't say which are best, the whole album is brilliant.

How about an older suggestion Rex? If you like Coldplay I'd guess you'd enjoy a bit of Paul Weller. See if you get your hands on his "modern classics" CD, its all his greatest hits and its pretty class. wink

Old Post Aug 24th, 2003 08:07 AM
mah
J-type 327 Nubian

Has anyone here tried out the brilliant Neutral Milk Hotel? Their cd "In the Aeroplane Over the Sea" is absolutely top class.

Old Post Aug 24th, 2003 11:11 AM
mah is currently offline Click here to Send mah a Private Message Find more posts by mah Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mechmoggy
Northern Monkey

Haven't heard of them Mah, what style is it?

Old Post Aug 24th, 2003 12:25 PM
mah
J-type 327 Nubian

Indie rock. I strongly urge you to check it out, try the title track; In The Aeroplane Over The Sea

Old Post Aug 24th, 2003 05:10 PM