KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Jodo Kast and Exar Kun!

Jodo Kast and Exar Kun!
Started by: Jason Horan

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Jason Horan
Defender of the Innocent

Cool Jodo Kast and Exar Kun!

Kast and Kun...these guys are my favourite characters in the Star Wars Universe but the problem is I can't find solid information on them (well I can on Exar Kun but not Jodo Kast stick out tongue )

If anyone can help me with pics, info and other stuff that would be cool...cheers big grin

Old Post Oct 9th, 2003 11:15 AM
Click here to Send Jason Horan a Private Message Find more posts by Jason Horan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
genral zink
Keeper of the Jello

Kun is awesome! Inventor of the double-edged lightsaber!

Attachment: exar kun vs. vodo siosk-baas.jpg
This has been downloaded 151 time(s).

Old Post Oct 11th, 2003 05:51 AM
Click here to Send genral zink a Private Message Find more posts by genral zink Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mephistodesigns
Hate has made me powerful

Jodo Kast is shown in a collection of star wars short comics simply called Bounty Hunters. The cover has Aurra Sing, Fett, and some guy that looks like Robocop. You can probably order it at Darkhorse.com. It's really good. I'm not sure what else he's in other than being an unlockable character in Masters of Teras Kasi on playstation.
Jodo Kast is some punk kid who dressed up like Boba Fett with the hopes of stealing his rep and getting some work out of it. Boba Fett (now this is after ROTJ and follows the story of him getting out of the Sarlacc of which I'm a frim believer cuz I like him) and Dengar get Kast to some to a planet with all of these old ruins, it looks like Yavin but its not. Jodo finds his target is in fact a hologram. Backing away from the holo he says "What is this?" and Fett says "This is a hologram. And this is called and trap. And I'm calling you dead". A fight ensues with Fett poisoning Kast and leaving him near paralyzed on the floor of the old temple. Fett leaves the antidote for him a few feet away and goes back to his ship. Dengar asks why Fett gave him a chance to live. A huge explosion erupts and brings the temple crashing down behind them. Fett says, "I didn't."

Old Post Oct 11th, 2003 11:38 PM
Click here to Send mephistodesigns a Private Message Find more posts by mephistodesigns Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

I love that story. It's so evil...

Old Post Oct 13th, 2003 05:16 AM
Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediHDM
Jedi of the Matrix

wait, what? i cant remember that...i though Jodo cast WAS boba Fett...hmmm, its been awhile since i read the books, i guess i needto read them again...

FOR THE MOTHERLAND!!
KMC KGB

Old Post Oct 14th, 2003 08:48 AM
Click here to Send JediHDM a Private Message Find more posts by JediHDM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mephistodesigns

boba fett is boba fett. I've only seen Jodo in comics, was he ever in any books or other material? I still remember thinking Boba Fett's name was Jaster Mereel until Lucas had to go and come up with his OWN backstory...like its his character or something... wink
If you guys want a total KICK @$$ Mandalorian story, and its based on Lucas' backstory to how the clones where produced (at least the Jango aspect of it) read Jango Fett: Open Seasons. You can get it in a trade collection now for like 12 bucks. It is really cool. It shows him from a young age, how he comes to be a Mandalorian, it shows who Jaster Mereel really is, and shows Dooku hiring him to be the source of the clones. Good stuff.

Old Post Oct 14th, 2003 01:56 PM
Click here to Send mephistodesigns a Private Message Find more posts by mephistodesigns Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Yeah, Jaster Mereel became the name of Jango Fett's Mandalorian mentor.

Old Post Oct 15th, 2003 02:06 AM
Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jason Horan
Defender of the Innocent

Cheers guys all this information is gold keep it coming wink

"The strength of Love is governed by the two that hold it"

Old Post Oct 15th, 2003 01:04 PM
Click here to Send Jason Horan a Private Message Find more posts by Jason Horan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Revan
-

Ah... the Sith wars... our golden age, only a few decades before I first came into power.. Exar Kun was perhaps the greatest of the fallen Jedi who became Sith... He was greater even than Naga Sadow, Marka Ragnos, Freedon Nadd, and maybe even Palpatine himself. He lived in a state beyond death for four millenia in the great temples on Yavin IV, built by Naga Sadow's Massassi warriors. When Luke Skywalker set up the Jedi academy there, he possessed Luke's best student, Kyp Durron, as well as others. Sorry, but I don't know about Jodo Kast. I've looked though

having nothing but a hyphen under my name makes me look so xhardxcorex. like a felon.

Old Post Oct 24th, 2003 04:38 AM
Click here to Send Darth Revan a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Revan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

I had a thing about Exar Kun somewhere, but it got trashed along with the site. mad

Old Post Oct 24th, 2003 05:47 AM
Darth Revan
-

Here's a short piece about Jodo Kast, quoted directly out of the Star Wars revised guide to characters book(god I love this book)(Its in the minor char section): "This bounty hunter, who wore Mandalorian armor and tried to cash in of Boba Fett's reputation, died a year after the Batte of Endor when Fett finally decided to settle the score." The thing about the Mandalorian armor-maybe that's why JediHDM thought that Boba Fett *was* Jodo Kast, since they both wore the Mandalorian stuff.

ps: Mandalorians kick @ss!!!!!!!!!

having nothing but a hyphen under my name makes me look so xhardxcorex. like a felon.

Old Post Oct 24th, 2003 02:27 PM
Click here to Send Darth Revan a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Revan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dirty Vader

I have the comic where Boba Fett kills Jodo Kast right here.
You might like to know that Jodo uses a battered Imperial lambda-class shuttle as means of transportation(looks cool).
Jodo pursues a bounty only to find that Boba Fett layed a trap for him.
When they meet, a duel takes place and Jodo manages to surprise Boba with a rocket pack trick. But in the end Boba brings Jodo down with a toxic dart.
Fett then strips Kast of his amour and you actualy get to see his face(brown hair, blue eyes). Boba then sets jodo's jetpack to a self-distruct
countdown and places three canisters in front of the dying Jodo's face.
One contains the antidode. He gives him a chance.
But the jetpack finaly blows and Jodo dies.

I know what you're thinking punk. You're thinking: "Did he fire six shots or only five?" Well, to tell you the truth, I've forgotten myself in all this excitement. But being as this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world, and would blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself a question: "Do I feel lucky?" Well, do ya punk?

Old Post Oct 29th, 2003 10:40 AM
Click here to Send Dirty Vader a Private Message Find more posts by Dirty Vader Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jason Horan
Defender of the Innocent

That's gay...Jodo shouldn't be killed so easy mad

"The strength of Love is governed by the two that hold it"

Old Post Oct 30th, 2003 05:47 AM
mephistodesigns

Sure he should, he's an insult to the true Mandalorian order. And that's not a Lamba class shuttle, its the imperial troop transport they added into the SW ANH Special Ed. Its taking off in the background. Note the wing placement is significantly farther back than the Lamba class (the style used by the Rebels to infiltrate Endor in ROTJ and that carried the Emperor and Vader to the Death Star II).

Old Post Oct 30th, 2003 08:12 PM
Dirty Vader

You mean the sentinel class landing craft? You're right its not a lambda-class shuttle though you're wrong it aint a sentine-class either. The wing-shape s are completely different. Its an Imperial Gamma-class Assault
Shuttle.
Four laser cannons, concussion missile launchers, they normally carry forty zero-g stormtroopers(spacetroopers) and can engage ships more than three times their 40 meter length.
Exeptionnal ship.

I know what you're thinking punk. You're thinking: "Did he fire six shots or only five?" Well, to tell you the truth, I've forgotten myself in all this excitement. But being as this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world, and would blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself a question: "Do I feel lucky?" Well, do ya punk?

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2003 02:21 AM
Click here to Send Dirty Vader a Private Message Find more posts by Dirty Vader Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Sentinel Class Landing Shuttle would be correct...

Jodo wasn't nearly as good as Boba anyway.

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2003 06:06 AM
Dirty Vader

Thrawn even disguised himself as Kast once. Thats when he was doing
Vader's dirty work. He met up with the Horns {Hal and Corran) and even put in a good word to vader about Colonel Maximillian Veers who
was then promoted to General.
After having completed his mission, Thrawn asked Vader if he wanted him to deal with Prince Xizor, but the Dark Lord Sith replied that he would take the matter into his own hands.

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2003 05:08 PM
mephistodesigns

cool, what's that told in?

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2003 04:56 AM
Dirty Vader

Tales from the Empire, bantam books. Its a great story, written by Timothy Zahn and Michael A Stackpole.

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2003 05:13 AM
Bespin Bart
Buggy

I need to read that. I've read Tales of the Bounty Hunters and from the Mos Eisley Cantina, but not that one.

THIS IS WHAT WE'VE WAITED FOR
THIS IS IT, BOYS, THIS IS WAR!

Old Post Nov 4th, 2003 12:38 AM
Click here to Send Bespin Bart a Private Message Find more posts by Bespin Bart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote