KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » An itty bitty question about defining EU...

An itty bitty question about defining EU...
Started by: General Kaliero

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
General Kaliero
F = ma, beeyotches.

An itty bitty question about defining EU...

I know I'll probably get beaten down by hired thugs for discussing such a thing, but it popped into my head.

In RotJ, Lando is a general. When Han finds out, Lando says something to the effect of "Somebody must have told them about my little manuever at the Battle of Tanaab."

If that particular battle was not in the movie, but was referenced to in the movie, then is the Battle of Tanaab EU or Canon?

WARNING: The above post may contain sarcasm and/or sophisticated satire. Any psychological damage sustained is purely your fault.

Old Post Dec 25th, 2003 08:35 AM
Click here to Send General Kaliero a Private Message Find more posts by General Kaliero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GABRIEL05
Doom Herald

The word is technically canon, but the details are only discussed in EU. But that is a tricky question.

Old Post Dec 25th, 2003 09:08 AM
Click here to Send GABRIEL05 a Private Message Find more posts by GABRIEL05 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

actually, what Gabriel05 says is correct, there was at Tanaab a battle,
only the exact details of "who fought who" and such is EU

(if I'm not mistaken it was Lando against some pirates, but not sure)

Old Post Dec 25th, 2003 12:31 PM
Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gotwa
Ring Master

I'm just going to play the idiot and repeat, but in more elegant words. smile

The battle at Tanaab, since mentioned is, DEFINITELY canon, however. All details discussed about Tanaab would be EU, as they are described in books. (This is the first time I've ever used canon here.. I've tried to avoid it.. stick out tongue)

Old Post Dec 25th, 2003 05:09 PM
Click here to Send Gotwa a Private Message Find more posts by Gotwa Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

you avoid watching the movies? stick out tongue

Old Post Dec 25th, 2003 06:07 PM
Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gotwa
Ring Master

I haven't seen 4-6 in a while.. so yknow. stick out tongue

Old Post Dec 25th, 2003 06:19 PM
Click here to Send Gotwa a Private Message Find more posts by Gotwa Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

you're lazy? stick out tongue

Old Post Dec 25th, 2003 06:36 PM
mim cloudwater

i love watching the videos, infact i got a limited edition VHS of eps. I with a 35 mm cut of actual film(the theater film stuff)(and thats 35mm from side to side, theres 5 clips, basically half a secound) anyways i watch the vidoes a lot.

Old Post Dec 25th, 2003 07:00 PM
Click here to Send mim cloudwater a Private Message Find more posts by mim cloudwater Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General Kaliero
F = ma, beeyotches.

Ah. Thank you for enlightening me... I think...

WARNING: The above post may contain sarcasm and/or sophisticated satire. Any psychological damage sustained is purely your fault.

Old Post Dec 26th, 2003 10:09 AM
Click here to Send General Kaliero a Private Message Find more posts by General Kaliero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Well, that seems to have answered that!

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Dec 26th, 2003 06:27 PM
Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

what? and no lock? stick out tongue

Old Post Dec 27th, 2003 12:10 AM
Julie
The Student

ah a successful conclusion

Old Post Dec 31st, 2003 01:10 AM
Click here to Send Julie a Private Message Find more posts by Julie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dirty Vader

for once

I know what you're thinking punk. You're thinking: "Did he fire six shots or only five?" Well, to tell you the truth, I've forgotten myself in all this excitement. But being as this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world, and would blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself a question: "Do I feel lucky?" Well, do ya punk?

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2004 02:27 AM
Click here to Send Dirty Vader a Private Message Find more posts by Dirty Vader Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

So, Ush, about cortosis bullets... stick out tongue

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2004 03:21 AM
Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Don't make me go Hulk on you, Rex!

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2004 03:38 PM
Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

Hogan or the green one?

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2004 05:07 PM
Julie
The Student

I believe he was refering to the green one.....but either one in a dark alley would be bad

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2004 09:42 PM
Click here to Send Julie a Private Message Find more posts by Julie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

laughing out loud

Old Post Jan 9th, 2004 05:25 AM
Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote