KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » I, jedi

I, jedi
Started by: Ratcat

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Ratcat

I Jedi

I bought this book last year and only managed about 25 pages before I through is aside. Picked it up last night and read the first 150 straight off.

Isn't it weird how you can hate at first and then like it. Shows that you shuld always give it at least 2 goes.

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2000 03:37 AM
Click here to Send Ratcat a Private Message Find more posts by Ratcat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

It's a different kind of Star Wars book as it's written from the perspective of a character we've never seen before but situatins and events from other books are being revisited and veiwed from a different angle.

Also there's a lot of interaction with the main characters form the OT.

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2000 10:33 PM
Click here to Send Ratcat a Private Message Find more posts by Ratcat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Xizor

That approach has worked for me on all Star Wars books I originally disliked except the Shield of Lies trilogy. Those books are awful.

Old Post Sep 25th, 2000 05:59 AM
Click here to Send Xizor a Private Message Find more posts by Xizor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
theEvilJedi

Some kid in my class is reading it.It looks pretty cool.He wouldn't let me see it though.I am trying to convice him to come to this forum.He loves the books.

Obi-Wan Kenobi: (Looks up at his chains) "Good job!"

Old Post Oct 26th, 2000 05:04 AM
Click here to Send theEvilJedi a Private Message Find more posts by theEvilJedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Xizor

I, Xizor enjoyed I, Jedi. big grin

Old Post Oct 26th, 2000 08:06 AM
Click here to Send Xizor a Private Message Find more posts by Xizor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UnknownBountyHunter

I have never read that book either. I think I could finish it in a day or two. I just read the Thrawn Trilogy over again in German this time!! I have way too much time on my hands now. smile

Old Post Oct 31st, 2000 04:55 AM
Click here to Send UnknownBountyHunter a Private Message Find more posts by UnknownBountyHunter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Xizor

HEIR TO THE EMPIRE!!!!!

-UBH, did you like the Shield of lies trilogy? I give 'em two thumbs down, no point in their existance as matter of fact.

Old Post Oct 31st, 2000 10:32 AM
UnknownBountyHunter

Shield of Lies? 2 Questions:

1)Time period?
2)Characters?

Old Post Nov 1st, 2000 04:17 AM
Click here to Send UnknownBountyHunter a Private Message Find more posts by UnknownBountyHunter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Xizor

I thought you read all the books? Anyhow it's like 16 years after endor. Lando & Lobot chase some drone ship, Leia tangles with sadistic aliens, Luke looks for their mom, nobody else does much. No new characters are introduced. It's a borathon of poor writing. If Lucas read them and nothing else I could see why he didn't like the novels.

Old Post Nov 1st, 2000 09:33 AM
UnknownBountyHunter

Where's your sig? Anywhooo, I have read ALMOST all the books, I obviously need to read the new ones, DOH! I real read it soon.

Old Post Nov 1st, 2000 10:14 AM
Xizor

I don't KNOW why my saber won't appear you sardonic little pill. You also missed my point, the books were written three years ago and were AWFUL. I don't suggest reading them to anyone.

Old Post Nov 1st, 2000 10:36 AM
Ratcat

Re: I Jedi (Finally Finished It)

SPOILERS BELOW

I finished I Jedi last night, the last 60 pages are awesome and a real high point for an ending.

Fave Points about the book

I love the way Stackpole has interwoven the story into events that have been seen in a number of the other books. For example the inclusion of the Jedi Academy and Kyp Durron for one.

Also the emotional conflicts within the mind of Corran as he searches to discover the fate of Mirax. My only concern was that the actual discovery and rescue was over too quickly after all that had gone before.

I would recommend this book to anyone, don't be put off by the opening chapters, it really starts to roll after about page 70.

Old Post Nov 17th, 2000 03:44 AM
Jedi Mercenary
Shotgun Pete

I'm trying to finish Dark Tide 2: Ruin

Old Post Nov 18th, 2000 06:51 AM
Click here to Send Jedi Mercenary a Private Message Find more posts by Jedi Mercenary Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Xizor

I am still concerned that people might actually want to read Shield of Lies. DO NOT READ THOSE BOOKS!!!!

Old Post Nov 20th, 2000 03:07 AM
Jedi Mercenary
Shotgun Pete

I didn't even consider them

Old Post Nov 20th, 2000 09:57 AM
Click here to Send Jedi Mercenary a Private Message Find more posts by Jedi Mercenary Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Xizor

Yes of course, must be because they are so bad.

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2000 08:24 AM
Lord Odin

hehe I agree, those books suck!

They had no impact on the storyline whatsoever and aren't mentioned in any of the other books afterwards...in my opinion (and it looks as if its everyone elses) steer clear of these books cause they are just a waste of time.

I also thought that I, Jedi was an awesomely written book, my fave part was the battle between the Jensaari and Corrans uncle or whoever it was when he was seeing the battle through his ancestors eyes or something...damn, I need to read it again!

I also like the Jensaaris cortosis ore armour!

Old Post Dec 4th, 2000 04:51 AM
Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Xizor

I jedi ia a terrific book. You bring up a good point Odin, you know a SW's book is bad when an author who writes books after it ignore's it's characters and storylines completly. Vice versa you know they are good when it's chracters are included in future books and it's story mentioned all the time. Like the Thrawn trilogy, they were so good that characters like Mara, Bel Iblis, Winter, Pallaeon and Feylia showed up all the time in the books that came after it.

Old Post Dec 8th, 2000 02:58 AM
Admiral Kettch

There actually are a bunch of the Black Fleet Crisis characters reoccuring in the NJO now, most of them military officers.

There were two main things I enjoyed about the BFC, and that was the way the New Republic military and the New Republic's government were expanded upon, from earlier books. Outside of that, though, they're pretty bad. I still don't know why Lando was even in that book. His plot didn't even have anything to do with the storyline of the book!

Oh and 1 other good thing out of the BFC and thats one of my favorite quotes:

"A frontal assault with overwhelming force-that is the way war was meant to be fought. Strength against strength-not the cowardly tactics of the Rebel Alliance. You have grown some since I last knew you." -Sil Sorannan, on the New Republic

Old Post Dec 10th, 2000 02:24 PM
Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

Good point, I think the character of Lando has developed into a background one now. He's back at Bespin doing his thing and also running his Asteroid field fighter assort course thing but he has no involvement in New Republic politics or life currently.

Sometimes I find him being mentioned in such a way that it seems to be just a reminder that he's out there.

Old Post Jan 18th, 2001 03:07 PM