KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Thrift stores.

Thrift stores.
Started by: Ken Kenobi

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
LanceWindu

Thrift stores.

I went to a thrift store earlier today and I found a bargain.
Han Solo at Star's End
Han Solo's Revenge
Han Solo & the Lost Legacy
The Courtship of Princess Leia
Children of the Jedi
Splinter of the Minds Eye (Because it was taken off the official SW timeline & it's rare because of it)
The Crystal Star
Heir to the Empire
Dark Force Rising
& The Last Command

all for only $4.25 in American money!

Is that cheap or what?

Old Post Jan 5th, 2002 04:41 AM
Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

The Solo trilogy?? Never thought they would sell that anymore...µ

Zahns trilogy: very good

but one thing...
throw away Crystal Star! It's one of the few I have but it's not good!

Old Post Jan 5th, 2002 08:37 AM
Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ToMacco
Mr. Orange

If you got all those books for less than 5 bucks, the books are probably ripped off! Either call the police, or keep your mouth shut, man! embarrasment

4 8 15 16 23 42

Old Post Jan 5th, 2002 10:02 AM
Click here to Send ToMacco a Private Message Find more posts by ToMacco Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

That is a cheap man, I wish they had stores like that where I live

Old Post Jan 5th, 2002 06:05 PM
Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

quote:
Originally posted by ToMacco
If you got all those books for less than 5 bucks, the books are probably ripped off! Either call the police, or keep your mouth shut, man! embarrasment

It is a thrift store. You take your old things in and then you can look through other peoples old thing and buy them cheap. It's a lot like a garage sale.

Old Post Jan 5th, 2002 10:13 PM
Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Julie
The Student

Wow your lucky. and the Crystal Star is ok. I need to go to a second hand book store!!!!!!!

Old Post Jan 11th, 2002 10:47 PM
Click here to Send Julie a Private Message Find more posts by Julie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

Crystal star was NOT ok!

Old Post Jan 11th, 2002 11:07 PM
Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

Last spring I found some Red Carded Power of the Force figures, nothing very valuable though. I think I paid £15 for 5 figures and they're probably worth around £20 each. That's a nice £85 profit if I sold them.

Old Post Jan 15th, 2002 09:04 AM
Click here to Send Ratcat a Private Message Find more posts by Ratcat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Awesome. I haven't gone anywhere like that in awhile, but I have gotten a big wooden desk at a Second-Hand Furniture Store.

Old Post Jan 19th, 2002 08:20 PM
Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ToMacco
Mr. Orange

The Crystal Star? Is that a movie with crappy puppets?

4 8 15 16 23 42

Old Post Jan 20th, 2002 01:46 PM
Click here to Send ToMacco a Private Message Find more posts by ToMacco Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

No, that's the Dark Crystal or something like that. The Crystal Star is a Star Wars comic.

Old Post Jan 20th, 2002 08:34 PM
Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

book, star wars book

And it's terrible

Old Post Jan 20th, 2002 08:41 PM
LanceWindu

I haven't started The Crystal Star yet, so I don't know if it is crappy or not. I am reading the books I got in the official SW timeline. So right now it is The Han Solo Adventures.

Old Post Jan 21st, 2002 04:19 AM
Julie
The Student

hey I happened to like The Crystal Star. It's not that great....but it was fairly enjoyable smile ..... The Solo Children are in it and so is Lusa.

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2002 12:49 AM
Click here to Send Julie a Private Message Find more posts by Julie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

Isn't Lusa like a half horse thing or something?

Old Post Feb 6th, 2002 01:57 AM
Julie
The Student

If by "half horse thing" you mean Cenataur ( I know I misspelled it)...yes you are correct. She appears later in the YJK series, I think. [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Lusa dies in NJO

Old Post Feb 7th, 2002 03:32 AM
LanceWindu

Yeah and one of the Jedi, I can't remember his name right now, falls in love with her.

Old Post Feb 7th, 2002 03:34 AM
Julie
The Student

Raynar Thul

Old Post Feb 7th, 2002 03:40 AM
LanceWindu

That's his name. Now I remember cause he has been [SPOILER - highlight to read]: taken captive by the Dark Jedi.

Old Post Feb 7th, 2002 07:37 PM
Julie
The Student

right. [SPOILER - highlight to read]: DJ didn't address this but I think Rebel Dream might say something about it ....

Old Post Feb 8th, 2002 03:17 AM