KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Why do the best bad guys go out like punks???

Why do the best bad guys go out like punks???
Started by: Creechuur

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Creechuur
Ish Disturber

Why do the best bad guys go out like punks???

Why is it that all the best bad guys (Except Vader and Sidious) go out like bit characters??? Maybe its some Lucas/Star Wars ideal that no matter how long you can keep it up, you have to eventually pay for your deeds in the end.

Boba Fett - Down the Sarlaacs gut before he even got warmed up. He barely had any screen time before Lucas took him out. I think he is singlehandedly reponsible for really getting the EU going. Everyone wanted more Fett back in the 80's!

Grand Admiral Thrawn - Admittedly, he had a really good run and did a lot of evil stuff, so at least readers got their fill. Thats even more of a reason why he deserved a better death than a backstabbing by some furry little dude, no matter how deadly Rukh was supposed to be.

Darth Maul - His one fight was a really really really good fight, probably the best in the series, but again, he goes out like a beeyatch. I'm sure I'm not the only one who felt cheated. I thought Maul would be around at least partway through Ep 2.

So, are the Star Wars mythos trying to convey a message about evil to us? Or does Lucas just make really bad decisions regarding which characters the public is going to embrace?

"Did Braveheart run away? Did Payback run away?"

Old Post Apr 30th, 2004 07:13 AM
Click here to Send Creechuur a Private Message Find more posts by Creechuur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GABRIEL05
Doom Herald

your actually right Creechuur. The star wars bad guys do go out like panzies. Exar Kun though. He didn't go out like no punk b*****

Say where did you get that cool umm avatar?

Old Post Apr 30th, 2004 09:29 PM
Click here to Send GABRIEL05 a Private Message Find more posts by GABRIEL05 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Creechuur
Ish Disturber

Its Clownface from Body Bags, a Black Horse comic. It was just a little 4 issue series released like 5 or 6 years ago. He's a badass.

Old Post Apr 30th, 2004 10:03 PM
Click here to Send Creechuur a Private Message Find more posts by Creechuur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
In§anE
Inmate of Arkham Asylum

Maul was the best...Poor Ray Park..he did darth maul, then X-Men he thought he would be up there in the top action movies..wtf is he now

The Joker: Yes. But at least I don't take their kids' College Funds.

Old Post May 12th, 2004 07:24 PM
Click here to Send In§anE a Private Message Find more posts by In§anE Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wuTa

good thread i wish i knew the ansewer

Old Post May 12th, 2004 07:30 PM
Click here to Send wuTa a Private Message Find more posts by wuTa Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SnakeEyes
Connoisseur

because George Lucas needs a way to get rid of the bad guys fast, because they scare GL every night and haunt his dreams!

"Nothing is ever as good as you can imagine it."

Old Post Jul 7th, 2004 12:16 AM
Click here to Send SnakeEyes a Private Message Find more posts by SnakeEyes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth KickAss

I think he has to kill them off quickly otherwise they will cast a shadow over the actual evil dude, Darth Vader - Vader is suppose to be the main character - The evil characters in EP1 & 2 are much better but GL wants us to stay focused on Vader.

Old Post Jul 7th, 2004 11:48 AM
Click here to Send Darth KickAss a Private Message Find more posts by Darth KickAss Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
OB1-adobe

seems like most bad guys go out like punks in the movies. I don't if any of you guys liked this movie, but in 'Speed' Dennis Hopper went out like a punk. The Joker went out like a punk, hell the penguin was even worse. That ring wraith with the cool helmet went out like a punk.

You got beat up by a girl!

Old Post Jul 8th, 2004 09:46 PM
Click here to Send OB1-adobe a Private Message Find more posts by OB1-adobe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Creechuur
Ish Disturber

Ah, the Witchking didn't go out like a punk. He underestimated the power of the female, and paid the price. Besides, that was the way Tolkein wrote it.

Old Post Jul 8th, 2004 10:39 PM
The Rover

Don't forget that he underestimated poor little Merry.....

Old Post Jul 9th, 2004 01:16 AM
Click here to Send The Rover a Private Message Find more posts by The Rover Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Spearhead
Prophet

quote:
Originally posted by Creechuur
Ah, the Witchking didn't go out like a punk. He underestimated the power of the female, and paid the price. Besides, that was the way Tolkein wrote it.

Using the same justification, Maul underestimated Obi-Wan (instead of killing him or force shoving him down the pit, he sat there taunting him) and paid the price erm

I'm a signature!

Old Post Jul 9th, 2004 02:50 AM
Click here to Send Spearhead a Private Message Find more posts by Spearhead Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
OB1-adobe

He went out like a ounk.

He was like: no man can defaet me.
Then he was like: Owww my leg you little bastard
then she was like: I'm no man
he was lik : oooooo! Not in the Face! Not in the dafce!

Old Post Jul 9th, 2004 07:10 AM
Click here to Send OB1-adobe a Private Message Find more posts by OB1-adobe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Baylin
Back in story!

Well back on topic, yes it was a bit crap that Maul went out but he had to go in order for Tyranus to become a Sith. Also because ObiWan had to prove himself no longer a padawan in order to become Anakins master.
Remember there can only ever be two - the master and the apprentice.
If Maul had lived Dooku would never have stepped in which would have ruined Lucas' plot.

Ok so it's a crap plot and it would have been better if Maul had become emperor but hey thats just my opinion! wink

Last edited by Baylin on Jul 9th, 2004 at 03:04 PM

Old Post Jul 9th, 2004 03:01 PM
Click here to Send Baylin a Private Message Find more posts by Baylin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote