KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » 10 reasons why starwars is better than startrek

10 reasons why starwars is better than startrek
Started by: Revan X

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Kraken
Wraith

10 reasons why starwars is better than startrek

• Place and time: Trek — Known universe and then some, a millennium or so (calculations vary) in the future. Wars — “A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away.”
• Philosophy: Trek — Scientific, egalitarian. Wars — Mystical, metaphysical.
• Intergalactic role model: Trek — United Nations. Wars — Roman Republic.
• The Enemy: Trek — Misunderstood alien life forms. Wars — Badass alien life forms.
• Sidearm of choice: Trek — Phaser; simple, adjustable, user-friendly, maximum setting leaves no messy corpses. Wars — Light saber; requires specialized training and advanced skills to operate. Potential litter nuisance from dismembered limbs.
• Travel method of choice: Trek — Transporter beam. Wars — Totally cool hyper-light-speed vehicles that sound like jet fighters even when crossing the vacuum of space.
• Fashion statement: Trek — Skintight knits. Wars — Flowing robes, loose tunics; female prisoners wear metal bikinis.
• Roles for women: Trek — Mini-skirted yeoman, communications officer, security chief, doctor, counselor, admiral, captain, robot, alien love object. Wars — Dishy monarch, haggard mom.
• Chess-playing alien first officers: Trek — Mr. Spock; pointy-eared, tall,
thin, competent, unflappable. Wars — Chewbacca; fur-bearing, tall, thin, competent, excitable. Tends to rip arms off opponents who beat him at chess.
• Likelihood of travel back in time to enlist 20th century earthlings against threats to Life As We Know It: Trek — very high; Wars — none. “In Star Wars, when they'refaced with a problem, the rebellion just blows the problem up,” Mr. Boercherding says.

BY MARGARET A. McGURK

I found this on a web page who else think this kind of funny?

Old Post May 23rd, 2004 10:17 PM
Click here to Send Kraken a Private Message Find more posts by Kraken Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediHDM
Jedi of the Matrix

i have always heard Trekkies trying to justify their existences, and i have always beat them at their justifications, so i find it great!!

Two thumbs way up!
thumb up thumb up

FOR THE MOTHERLAND!!
KMC KGB

Old Post May 23rd, 2004 11:42 PM
Click here to Send JediHDM a Private Message Find more posts by JediHDM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Creechuur
Ish Disturber

I can give you one big reason SW is better, but it would just get edited...and probably get me banned.

"Did Braveheart run away? Did Payback run away?"

Old Post May 24th, 2004 02:35 AM
Click here to Send Creechuur a Private Message Find more posts by Creechuur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Revan
-

laughing out loud I love it

having nothing but a hyphen under my name makes me look so xhardxcorex. like a felon.

Old Post May 24th, 2004 03:00 AM
Click here to Send Darth Revan a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Revan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kraken
Wraith

well Creechuur just p.m me

Old Post May 24th, 2004 05:52 AM
Click here to Send Kraken a Private Message Find more posts by Kraken Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Creechuur
Ish Disturber

haha!!!

Old Post May 24th, 2004 06:07 AM
Click here to Send Creechuur a Private Message Find more posts by Creechuur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lyn
Jedi_Chick

Very clever...laughing

Thanks Ben-Kenobi for the Sig!

Old Post May 24th, 2004 08:21 AM
Click here to Send Lyn a Private Message Find more posts by Lyn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

(falls asleep)

Never could stand this type of thread. There was a vogue for them a couple of years back.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post May 24th, 2004 09:54 AM
Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Baylin
Back in story!

Well to be fair they both have their pros and cons, it just happens to be that with Star Trek you are being conned!

Old Post May 24th, 2004 01:43 PM
Click here to Send Baylin a Private Message Find more posts by Baylin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

I can see the humor behind this little joke. Still, I always love Star-Trek and Star Wars the same. I can't really chose one above the other. Is all about Sci-Fi!!!! big grin

Old Post May 24th, 2004 07:15 PM
Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Creechuur
Ish Disturber

The only thing Trek has going for it is Picard. That guys a stud, but even he would get his a$$ kicked in the Star Wars universe.

Can you even imagine what would happen between an Enterprise and a Star Destroyer? I guess the Enterprise would have about 30 seconds to do something while the Imperials laughed at their silly ship, then after wiping the tears of laughter from their eyes the turbolaser batteries would open up. Bye bye Enterprise.

Old Post May 24th, 2004 07:24 PM
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

Yeah, but the Federation has more than one Enterprise ship. It would be more interesting to watch the Federation fleet vs. The Empirial fleet battle. Picard is great but he will never be better than Kirk. smile

Old Post May 24th, 2004 07:35 PM
Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lyn
Jedi_Chick

My Mum's a Trekkie so I've seen the films. They're alright...I just like SW better. happy

Thanks Ben-Kenobi for the Sig!

Old Post Jun 8th, 2004 07:28 AM
Click here to Send Lyn a Private Message Find more posts by Lyn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kraken
Wraith

All my cousin's are Trekkies and they can't stand Starwars. If you ask me thats just sad. sad

Old Post Jun 8th, 2004 07:22 PM
Evolution
Restricted

Account Restricted

10 reasons?

hell ill give you the real reason.

becuase startrek sucks period.

Old Post Jun 8th, 2004 09:12 PM
Click here to Send Evolution a Private Message Find more posts by Evolution Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sith Master X
Darth Sadistic

That was to the point!! laughing

SMX
cool

I like George.

Old Post Jun 8th, 2004 10:58 PM
Click here to Send Sith Master X a Private Message Find more posts by Sith Master X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kraken
Wraith

quote:
Originally posted by Rabid_Wolverine
10 reasons?

hell ill give you the real reason.

becuase startrek sucks period.

Well you sure shut me up! laughing laughing laughing

Old Post Jun 8th, 2004 11:59 PM
Julie
The Student

Lovely reasons.....and I think the color of the signurature is fine

Old Post Jun 9th, 2004 04:08 PM
Click here to Send Julie a Private Message Find more posts by Julie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Corran
Lucifer

Hey Julie, how you doin'? big grin

Old Post Jun 9th, 2004 04:08 PM
Click here to Send Corran a Private Message Find more posts by Corran Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Julie
The Student

Corran, good buddy....long time no see....fine....just dropping by for a few minutes...then to eat and work and write....ahhh summer life.:-)

just commenting on the reasons....my reason has always been...star wars is just plain better...period!

Old Post Jun 9th, 2004 04:10 PM
Click here to Send Julie a Private Message Find more posts by Julie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote