KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Query to the people that have read the books

Query to the people that have read the books
Started by: Jedi Priestess

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
~JP~
yeah baby

Question Query to the people that have read the books

I have never read any of these books, but I'd like to. I also know there are a bunch of them. My main interest in reading ones that run between the movies and deal mainly with Anakin and Luke. Is there a friendly peep that will post which books fall into the above catageory? Much thanks in advance.

Old Post Jun 25th, 2004 01:07 PM
Click here to Send ~JP~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~JP~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Spearhead
Prophet

I'm not sure that there are any that could fall under that category blink'

But you should really read the Rogue Squadron ones big grin

I'm a signature!

Old Post Jun 25th, 2004 02:10 PM
Click here to Send Spearhead a Private Message Find more posts by Spearhead Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Reborn Again
I'm HELL's Wrath!

First, you could read the original trilogy in paperback. I believe you can find all 3 movies in one. Then you can look for the novelizations to E1 & E2. Then search for the multitude of thin paperback books that are written on a whim. I'm sure you can find them at any Coles or Chapters. Or search the web under google.com; you'll find plenty of titles there. In the meantime, look around here:

The unofficial Star Wars novel page

Old Post Jun 25th, 2004 02:25 PM
Click here to Send Reborn Again a Private Message Find more posts by Reborn Again Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

of Anakin Skywalker AND Luke at the same time? blink

Old Post Jun 25th, 2004 03:11 PM
Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~JP~
yeah baby

quote:
Originally posted by yerssot
of Anakin Skywalker AND Luke at the same time? blink

oh I'm sorry yerssot I meant each of them seperately......should of made that clear my bad

Last edited by ~JP~ on Jun 25th, 2004 at 04:12 PM

Old Post Jun 25th, 2004 03:58 PM
Click here to Send ~JP~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~JP~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~JP~
yeah baby

Old Post Jun 25th, 2004 04:23 PM
Spearhead
Prophet

quote:
Originally posted by Jedi Priestess
oh I'm sorry yerssot I meant each of them seperately......should of made that clear my bad

oh...cuz that's what I had thought you meant too messed

well, there's plenty of books with then stick out tongue

I'm a signature!

Old Post Jun 25th, 2004 04:46 PM
Click here to Send Spearhead a Private Message Find more posts by Spearhead Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~JP~
yeah baby

quote:
Originally posted by §pearhead
But you should really read the Rogue Squadron ones big grin

are you referring to the X-Wing ones?

Old Post Jun 26th, 2004 12:11 AM
Spearhead
Prophet

Yes big grin Stackpole wrote the bulk of them, and they're a very good read; if you want something different than stories about Luke and the rest of the gang, I'd highly reccomend them big grin

I'm a signature!

Old Post Jun 26th, 2004 12:21 AM
~JP~
yeah baby

k, I'll take that into consideration...and one final question who do you guys think is THE definitve author of SW books?

Old Post Jun 26th, 2004 02:39 AM
yerssot

well, almost EVERY book post Endor is about Luke these days
just DON'T read Crystal Star wink and some others but I luckily forgot their names

about Anakin, don't read Rogue Planet
The Approaching Storm was nice, but that was because it set out a few days before AOTC premiered

Old Post Jun 26th, 2004 10:10 AM
Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Morridini
Morridini

quote:
Originally posted by Jedi Priestess
k, I'll take that into consideration...and one final question who do you guys think is THE definitve author of SW books?

I must say that Timothy Zahn is the best one.

Thanks to Raoul for the sig!

Old Post Jun 26th, 2004 03:25 PM
Click here to Send Morridini a Private Message Find more posts by Morridini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~JP~
yeah baby

quote:
Originally posted by yerssot
about Anakin, don't read Rogue Planet

oops too late I just finished it.....it wasnt that bad........gave a glipmse of Anakins power I thought. Moving on tp The Approaching Storm. Guys, are there no books between Attack of the Clones and EP3? You'd think someone would have written about the events of the clone wars?

Old Post Jun 26th, 2004 04:21 PM
The Rover

There are the Boba Fett books....

Old Post Jun 28th, 2004 05:25 PM
Click here to Send The Rover a Private Message Find more posts by The Rover Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

actually JP, they are currently writing those ... erm.... Shatterpoint is out, and I think by now Cestus Deception is out too and Anakin is in it

Old Post Jun 28th, 2004 06:30 PM
VengeanceGOD

Shatterpoint is an AWESOME book. Also, you really want to read the New Jedi Order series. Very good stuff.

Old Post Jun 29th, 2004 01:39 AM
Click here to Send VengeanceGOD a Private Message Find more posts by VengeanceGOD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

some were great yes, others were perhaps ...A bit of a downer

Old Post Jun 29th, 2004 09:34 AM
~JP~
yeah baby

How is Splinter of a Minds Eye?

Old Post Jun 29th, 2004 12:31 PM
yerssot

funny

Old Post Jun 29th, 2004 09:35 PM
Sith Master X
Darth Sadistic

Is that a good or bad thing. confused

SMX
cool

I like George.

Old Post Jun 30th, 2004 01:12 AM
Click here to Send Sith Master X a Private Message Find more posts by Sith Master X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote