KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Luke = Sissy

Luke = Sissy
Started by: SnakeEyes

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
SnakeEyes
Connoisseur

Luke = Sissy

why is Luke such a wimp in the OT, i mean, i only started to like him when i read EU stuff about him.............

Old Post Jul 7th, 2004 12:21 AM
Click here to Send SnakeEyes a Private Message Find more posts by SnakeEyes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~JP~
yeah baby

that would be your opinion

Old Post Jul 7th, 2004 02:27 AM
Click here to Send ~JP~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~JP~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SnakeEyes
Connoisseur

yes it would be, i was just wondering if anyone else saw it that way....

"Nothing is ever as good as you can imagine it."

Old Post Jul 7th, 2004 05:51 PM
Click here to Send SnakeEyes a Private Message Find more posts by SnakeEyes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dexx
wingless

because that was fashionable, back then....it's an older image of such a character.
take the hair for example...its abnoxious..

Old Post Jul 8th, 2004 01:57 AM
Click here to Send Dexx a Private Message Find more posts by Dexx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Spearhead
Prophet

Let's see, he's a farm boy who knows little to nothing about fighting...I don't like him either, but seriously...I wouldn't call him a sissy

I'm a signature!

Old Post Jul 8th, 2004 02:01 AM
Click here to Send Spearhead a Private Message Find more posts by Spearhead Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Creechuur
Ish Disturber

He was a big time sissy whiner in ANH.

"But I was going to Toshi station to pick up some power converters!" WAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!

By RotJ though, he was pretty badass. I don't know if I would have had the balls to surrender to the Emporer just to win back my father, that took guts.

"Did Braveheart run away? Did Payback run away?"

Old Post Jul 8th, 2004 02:41 AM
Click here to Send Creechuur a Private Message Find more posts by Creechuur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darth rep

Then it must run in the family. Look at how big a winer Anakin is in Ep 2.

Old Post Jul 8th, 2004 05:35 AM
Click here to Send darth rep a Private Message Find more posts by darth rep Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Creechuur
Ish Disturber

Yeah, there was another thread where the Skywalker whine legacy was brought up.

Old Post Jul 8th, 2004 10:38 PM
Click here to Send Creechuur a Private Message Find more posts by Creechuur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

I don't think he is a sissy. More like insecured man. He was tempted once before by the dark side. Maybe he should be more dedicated to his Jedi principles.

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2004 04:29 PM
Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

you what now WD??

he IS a sissy! stick out tongue

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2004 06:36 PM
Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

Since you insist....I'll agree with you. He IS a sissy........but in a good way. stick out tongue

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2004 07:29 PM
Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SnakeEyes
Connoisseur

No way!
luke is so annoying, in a BAD way!

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2004 10:25 PM
Master Kadub

Luke a sissy....please....I like Luke, he plays his role as a young boy who grows into a man.....not a sissy, just the development of a boy to a man......
Master Skywalker indeed...

Old Post Jul 24th, 2004 08:12 AM
Click here to Send Master Kadub a Private Message Find more posts by Master Kadub Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~JP~
yeah baby

Agreed!

Old Post Jul 24th, 2004 01:27 PM
Click here to Send ~JP~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~JP~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Julie
The Student

just think of it as a good way to dev a character.....LUke is so annoying that in new stuff we like to see how he's matured

Old Post Aug 30th, 2004 06:38 PM
Click here to Send Julie a Private Message Find more posts by Julie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Creechuur
Ish Disturber

Lets look at the actors:

Harrison Ford was a badass in Star Wars. He went on to do some pretty awesome movies and become a huge celebrity.

Mark Hamill was a sissy in Star Wars. He went on to do...Corvette Summer and voiceover work...albeit really good voiceover work.

Old Post Sep 4th, 2004 07:00 AM
SnakeEyes
Connoisseur

yeah i agree

Old Post Sep 4th, 2004 06:16 PM
Master Kadub

quote:
Originally posted by Creechuur
Lets look at the actors:

Harrison Ford was a badass in Star Wars. He went on to do some pretty awesome movies and become a huge celebrity.

Mark Hamill was a sissy in Star Wars. He went on to do...Corvette Summer and voiceover work...albeit really good voiceover work.

Creechuur,

Hummm, let me see.....Harrison Ford a divorced and remarried actor with a strong acting career but broken family life...

Mark Hamill strong family man raising a family, oh....and still married to a his child hood sweetheart....

I cant argue with a guy with morals....but if your interrpetation of a success is just the movies then you have a ways to go Creechuur.....some people are happy with their careers even if they are not on the big screen every other year......

Old Post Sep 4th, 2004 09:47 PM
Click here to Send Master Kadub a Private Message Find more posts by Master Kadub Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Creechuur
Ish Disturber

Definitely a good point Kadub. I was talking professional career stuff rather than family values and such, but believe me, there are few things more important to me than my loved ones. Please don't make judgements on my character based on a thread about Luke being a sissy. Check the political and philosophical type threads I've posted on if you want a clearer picture of my beliefs.

But...to get back to the point, Luke was a mamby pamby in ANH. big grin

Old Post Sep 5th, 2004 03:18 AM
Darth Revan
-

Luke is kinda annoying. Wouldn't go so far as to call him a sissy though.

having nothing but a hyphen under my name makes me look so xhardxcorex. like a felon.

Old Post Sep 5th, 2004 05:50 AM
Click here to Send Darth Revan a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Revan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote