KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Darth Maul : Shadow Hunter

Darth Maul : Shadow Hunter
Started by: Jedi Priestess

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
~JP~
yeah baby

Darth Maul : Shadow Hunter

Ok I am reading this book now, and I really like it. Anyone else? Just makes me seriously bummed Lucas killed Maul off tho, I'd have prefered him to Dooku anyday. stick out tongue

Old Post Jul 18th, 2004 06:55 PM
Click here to Send ~JP~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~JP~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

I read it, it was ok

Old Post Jul 18th, 2004 06:57 PM
Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~JP~
yeah baby

hmmmmmm is Shatterpoint better? I am debating buying that one.

Old Post Jul 18th, 2004 07:00 PM
Click here to Send ~JP~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~JP~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

well, I believe a thread here is already going on about that and some agreed that it didnt totally feel like star wars

Old Post Jul 18th, 2004 07:04 PM
Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~JP~
yeah baby

hm i sincerely hope Jedi Trial and the Laybrinth book are good.

Old Post Jul 18th, 2004 07:24 PM
yerssot

I hope so too, but if you're interested in good stories, perhaps the comics are up your alley?

Old Post Jul 18th, 2004 07:29 PM
Dexx
wingless

aawh....shadow hunter.
well...this one and shatterpoint are the best two i've read. but i haven't read THAT many sw books, and i don't consider ANY sw book TOO good.

but these two are ok.
i actually enjoyed shadow hunter. especially the ending stick out tongue can't remember much of it...only that it ends [SPOILER - highlight to read]: BADLY ..just to my tastes stick out tongue

Old Post Jul 18th, 2004 08:49 PM
Click here to Send Dexx a Private Message Find more posts by Dexx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~JP~
yeah baby

quote:
Originally posted by yerssot
I hope so too, but if you're interested in good stories, perhaps the comics are up your alley?

uh I dont think I will ever be able to watch SW cartoons OR read comics.....I'm a little too purist for that. Good grief it's taken me all these years to finally give in and start reading the books.

Old Post Jul 18th, 2004 11:44 PM
Creechuur
Ish Disturber

I was kinda bummed with Maul's novel. It was good, just not GOOD.

Shatterpoint is great so far. Mace Windu is a way better character to read than to watch, since so much goes on in his head. He was alright in Ep 2, but Shatterpoint has me respecting him a lot more. I now know why he is considered the deadliest Jedi.

"Did Braveheart run away? Did Payback run away?"

Old Post Jul 19th, 2004 02:58 AM
Click here to Send Creechuur a Private Message Find more posts by Creechuur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

ah come on JP, give the comics a shot wink

Old Post Jul 19th, 2004 09:39 AM
~JP~
yeah baby

eh......I dunno, someting just doesnt appeal to me on that level.....

Old Post Jul 19th, 2004 03:35 PM
yerssot

you're too good ? stick out tongue

Old Post Jul 19th, 2004 04:09 PM
The Rover

Nice sig JP.
On-Topic:
I preferred Shatterpoint, personally.

Old Post Jul 19th, 2004 04:32 PM
Click here to Send The Rover a Private Message Find more posts by The Rover Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dexx
wingless

i juts found shatterpoint weird maybe because a non-jedi oponent (even with force awareness) can trouble a jedi master like mace the way he did.

Old Post Jul 19th, 2004 04:46 PM
Click here to Send Dexx a Private Message Find more posts by Dexx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~JP~
yeah baby

quote:
Originally posted by yerssot
you're too good ? stick out tongue

no ya smartass....too purist! stick out tongue wink

thanks Melk smile

Old Post Jul 19th, 2004 07:05 PM
yerssot

the republics are really good

Old Post Jul 19th, 2004 07:18 PM
~JP~
yeah baby

ok 80 pages left to go in Shadow Hunter. damn I hope this doesnt end stupid.......be back when Im done.

Old Post Jul 19th, 2004 09:53 PM
~JP~
yeah baby

quote:
Originally posted by Dexx

i actually enjoyed shadow hunter. especially the ending stick out tongue can't remember much of it...only that it ends [SPOILER - highlight to read]: BADLY ..just to my tastes stick out tongue

ok I'm done. ANd I really liked this book alot. big grin And the ending was just as it needed to be.

I will say this, of the SW books that Ive read, the ones I like the best are the ones without 80000 techinal descriptions and 400 different characters. I like my stories to be to the point with an occasional twist or two. I tried reading Heir to the Empire twice now and just can NOT get into this book. messed

Old Post Jul 19th, 2004 11:10 PM
yerssot

the timothy zahn trilogy? why not?

Old Post Jul 19th, 2004 11:27 PM
~JP~
yeah baby

just waaaaaaaaaay too damn many things going on at once for me to keep track of. It could have been that i wasnt in the right fram of mind for it. My reading styles vary widely....but I gotta be in the right mood to wade through something as involved as that book.

Old Post Jul 19th, 2004 11:41 PM