KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Did you ever notice?

Did you ever notice?
Started by: Smallville

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Smallville
Last Son of Krypton

Did you ever notice?

This is a thread about general observations in the Star Wars movies. If this thread has been done before, then I am sorry.

Anyways...

Did you ever notice that the voices of the Jawa's in A New Hope are very similar to the voices of the Ewoks in Return of the Jedi?

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2004 10:46 PM
Click here to Send Smallville a Private Message Find more posts by Smallville Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Julie
The Student

nope....did ya notice that the blaster bolts in the new trilogy seem to fly faster than the old trilogy ones????.....and I'm sure this has been done...but perhaps long ago and it's always a fun thread anyways

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2004 10:52 PM
Click here to Send Julie a Private Message Find more posts by Julie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smallville
Last Son of Krypton

How about Obi-Wan in the first movie stating how the Stormtroopers have such "accurate shots" but somehow cannot manage to hit anybody (except Leah in ROTJ)

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2004 10:54 PM
Click here to Send Smallville a Private Message Find more posts by Smallville Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Julie
The Student

it's the old hero protection thing [SPOILER - highlight to read]: something the EU books esp NJO were not afraid of

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2004 10:56 PM
Click here to Send Julie a Private Message Find more posts by Julie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smallville
Last Son of Krypton

Hero's are immune to bullets/blaster shots?

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2004 11:09 PM
VengeanceGOD

quote:
Originally posted by Cyclops
How about Obi-Wan in the first movie stating how the Stormtroopers have such "accurate shots" but somehow cannot manage to hit anybody (except Leah in ROTJ)

Actually, there's more to it than that. The original line is something like "These shots are too accurate for Sandpeople. Only Imperial Stormtroopers could be this accurate." And then, as is well documented, for the rest of the trilogy the Stormtroopers can't hit shit. But then, we get to Episode I. And the Sand People pick off Podracers going 600 miles per hour.

Obi-wan's a liar. smile

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2004 09:47 AM
Click here to Send VengeanceGOD a Private Message Find more posts by VengeanceGOD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smallville
Last Son of Krypton

I never thought of that part...

Holy Shit!

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2004 01:50 PM
Baylin
Back in story!

quote:
Originally posted by VengeanceGOD

Obi-wan's a liar. smile

NO! mad OBi Wan is not a liar, its the truth... From certain point of view... stick out tongue big grin

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2004 03:51 PM
Click here to Send Baylin a Private Message Find more posts by Baylin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smallville
Last Son of Krypton

Ha! Classic.

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2004 06:18 PM
eleveninches
God of my own world

Did you notice on the cast credits of episode 1, it casts jabba the hutt as himself

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2004 06:22 PM
Click here to Send eleveninches a Private Message Find more posts by eleveninches Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smallville
Last Son of Krypton

Really? Kind of weird. They never ACTUALLY showed Jabba in A New Hope (until the special edition)

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2004 06:23 PM
Darth Revan
-

Well that's probably cos they were planning to show Jabba originally and they used some nameless fat guy in a fur coat to film him... Plus when the did add him in the SE, he was just really poorly done CGI (and it took the poor chaps a year to do that...)

Did you notice...
The term "R2 unit" is applied to all astromech units in ANH. The "red" droid that blew up when they were buying him was refered to as an "R2 unit" rather than an astromech droid...

having nothing but a hyphen under my name makes me look so xhardxcorex. like a felon.

Old Post Mar 4th, 2004 05:57 AM
Click here to Send Darth Revan a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Revan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eleveninches
God of my own world

I meant the Phantom menace credits, not ANH

Old Post Mar 4th, 2004 09:33 AM
Click here to Send eleveninches a Private Message Find more posts by eleveninches Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Indeed, Eleveninches was not talking about ANH!

As for Obi-Wan lying... what do you think he was trying to say? That only stormtroopers could hit the side of a Sandcrawler? Hardly a tricky target...

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Mar 4th, 2004 03:26 PM
Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Revan
-

Well, that is what Obi-Wan implied...

And I guess the same thing about Jabba applies to TPM--he's just CGI so he's not really "played" by anyone...

having nothing but a hyphen under my name makes me look so xhardxcorex. like a felon.

Old Post Mar 4th, 2004 04:40 PM
Click here to Send Darth Revan a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Revan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smallville
Last Son of Krypton

I suppose that Obi-Wan might have meant that only Stormtroopers could hit the side of a giant Sand Crawler.

Another thing (which I am sure most people have heard of/noticed) is in Empire, why does Obi say Yoda is the Jedi who trained him when it was Liam Niessen (Qui-Gon) that did the actual training?

Old Post Mar 4th, 2004 04:53 PM
Julie
The Student

Qui gon's not alive at the time...and from a certain POV obi wan did train under yoda...as did all younglings

Old Post Mar 4th, 2004 10:16 PM
Baylin
Back in story!

Obi Wan really wasnt a good jedi, he was a manipulative liar who blamed all his mistruths on 'certain point of view'!

Old Post Mar 5th, 2004 04:13 AM
Click here to Send Baylin a Private Message Find more posts by Baylin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dirty Vader

GEE!!! The stormtroopers didnt blow up the sand crawler with their blaster rifles (not powerful enough). They must of used a Fortress or another type of cannon (target lock and fire).
Plus as has already been mentioned, the sand crawler wasnt a moving target. Its big and not much of a target.

I know what you're thinking punk. You're thinking: "Did he fire six shots or only five?" Well, to tell you the truth, I've forgotten myself in all this excitement. But being as this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world, and would blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself a question: "Do I feel lucky?" Well, do ya punk?

Old Post Mar 5th, 2004 12:30 PM
Click here to Send Dirty Vader a Private Message Find more posts by Dirty Vader Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eleveninches
God of my own world

obiwan didn't lie to luke, ben did.
Obiwan became ben kenobi, just like anakin became darthvader

Old Post Mar 5th, 2004 01:02 PM