KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Battlefront

Battlefront
Started by: Morgoths_Wrath

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Morgoths_Wrath

Battlefront

I got Star Wars: Battlefront for the PS2 today and I must say I very much enjoyed it. The gameplay is sort of basic, but its really fun to play especially online. If you're a fan of SOCOM or any other online shooters and Star Wars, you'll love it. If you only like one or the other, its still worth a try.

Thoughts?

Old Post Sep 21st, 2004 04:56 AM
Click here to Send Morgoths_Wrath a Private Message Find more posts by Morgoths_Wrath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Luxorz

It would be a GREAT game, if the maps were a LOT bigger. Now the maps are the size of my room, and you're supposed to have 50+ guys fighting there. :/

Old Post Sep 21st, 2004 05:06 AM
Click here to Send Luxorz a Private Message Find more posts by Luxorz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Morridini
Morridini

I don't have the game, but I have seen the trailer at the OT DVD bonus disk, and I thought it looked kinda dull. But perhaps the trailer doesn't do the game justice. What is actualy the game all about? Are u just at the Star wars batlefield and fights (like Battlefield, Counter Striker etc), or is there a single player story?

Thanks to Raoul for the sig!

Old Post Sep 21st, 2004 05:08 AM
Click here to Send Morridini a Private Message Find more posts by Morridini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Carth
I'm the main man, punk.

quote:
Originally posted by Morridini
I don't have the game, but I have seen the trailer at the OT DVD bonus disk, and I thought it looked kinda dull. But perhaps the trailer doesn't do the game justice. What is actualy the game all about? Are u just at the Star wars batlefield and fights (like Battlefield, Counter Striker etc), or is there a single player story?

If you have an xbox then there is a playable demo of Battlefront on the OT DVD bonus disk.

Old Post Sep 21st, 2004 06:19 AM
Click here to Send Carth a Private Message Find more posts by Carth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Morridini
Morridini

I know that. But I don't have an X-box. That's why I ask.

Old Post Sep 21st, 2004 09:38 AM
Click here to Send Morridini a Private Message Find more posts by Morridini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Carth
I'm the main man, punk.

ign.com has a review of the game.

Old Post Sep 21st, 2004 10:47 AM
Click here to Send Carth a Private Message Find more posts by Carth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cal31
Let's Win Twins

Picking up my copy today.

Old Post Sep 21st, 2004 12:27 PM
Click here to Send cal31 a Private Message Find more posts by cal31 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Boris

Anyone have the pc version? I'm thinking about picking it up with the dvd's

Old Post Sep 21st, 2004 05:47 PM
Click here to Send Boris a Private Message Find more posts by Boris Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Spearhead
Prophet

I'm hoping to pick it up within the next week yes

boris...your avatar is awesome cool

I'm a signature!

Old Post Sep 21st, 2004 09:26 PM
Click here to Send Spearhead a Private Message Find more posts by Spearhead Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
OB1-adobe

I just got it last night for my PS2. Any of you cats want to throw down online just let me know. I registered using the name ob1-adobe, so you'll know if I am playing or not.

Old Post Sep 25th, 2004 03:17 PM
Click here to Send OB1-adobe a Private Message Find more posts by OB1-adobe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Morgoths_Wrath

right on, if you see FahQ Nigel shootin away online look out...thas me smokin'

Old Post Sep 25th, 2004 06:28 PM
Click here to Send Morgoths_Wrath a Private Message Find more posts by Morgoths_Wrath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
OB1-adobe

quote:
Originally posted by Morgoths_Wrath
right on, if you see FahQ Nigel shootin away online look out...thas me smokin'

Cool! We need to get a whole posse goin on here for this! I think I am going to create a thread just for the PS2 version so everyone get some communication goin on about the game.

How do you like the game? So far I think it is hard to control, and the levels so far have not been all that fun. Though I bought specifcally for online play.

Old Post Sep 25th, 2004 06:40 PM
Click here to Send OB1-adobe a Private Message Find more posts by OB1-adobe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Morgoths_Wrath

Yeah, its no SOCOM but the Star Wars stuff in it still makes it fun. The online play keeps it alive, and some of the levels can be fun but others I just hate.

Old Post Sep 25th, 2004 07:37 PM
Spearhead
Prophet

ok, i got it yesterday (saturday), quite fun indeed--very similar to Timesplitters, but let me tell you, zipping around Endor on Speeder Bikes or walking next to an AT-AT in Hoth and just looking up at it, I just kinda realized...Holy shit! I saw this in the movie...and now I'm frickin playing it! Pretty addicting, in my opinion big grin

I'm a signature!

Old Post Sep 26th, 2004 12:11 PM
Click here to Send Spearhead a Private Message Find more posts by Spearhead Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NoMeN

please, noone buy it for PC!!! lag! multiplayer problems.

and the models are way to low resolution for a PC game.

looks like a cheap port from consoles!

everybody buy xbox or ps2 version.

It comes through compassion, not greed. Love is the answer to the darkness.

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2004 05:22 PM
Click here to Send NoMeN a Private Message Find more posts by NoMeN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mandalorain-fan

i've played it on X-Box and i liked alot . when u look at your team number at the top its 200ppl vs 200pl which is ALOT compared to other games where its 5 on 4 or whatever and u have the smae health as everyone unlike other games where ur 13x stronger than everyone which is good since Battlefront is a challenge

Old Post Oct 4th, 2004 01:31 AM
Click here to Send Mandalorain-fan a Private Message Find more posts by Mandalorain-fan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Rover

I think the Vader/Dooku characters are hilarious....

Old Post Oct 6th, 2004 11:03 PM
Click here to Send The Rover a Private Message Find more posts by The Rover Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Morridini
Morridini

So now u have had some time playing the game. How is it? I am considering downloading it, but if it aint that good I might not want to download it. Your thoughts please.

Old Post Oct 16th, 2004 11:27 PM
cal31
Let's Win Twins

Very fun online game, and they're constantly working on it and releasing patches to add features and tweak things, I'd definetly get it.

Old Post Oct 16th, 2004 11:54 PM
Click here to Send cal31 a Private Message Find more posts by cal31 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Xanatos
Pop Corn

My Record is 62 guys killed in one battle whats yalls record?

I dont care what any one says Inutaishou is the best Inuyasha charachter followed by Sesshomaru.

Old Post Oct 17th, 2004 05:08 AM
Click here to Send Xanatos a Private Message Find more posts by Xanatos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote