KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Dark Journey?? Hardly.

Dark Journey?? Hardly.
Started by: Volundro Ramm

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Volundro Ramm
You can't afford it......

Dark Journey?? Hardly.

After hearing that the Elaine Cunningham book in the NJO series would involve Jaina Solo being tempted by the darkside, i thought that it would bring yet another nice twist to the story arc. But after reading it, i'm totally disapointed. What could have been a great book turned out to be not even worth it. Lets face it, "nothing happened". I used to like Kyp Durron and Jagged Fel, but in this book they both come over as a couple of wusses. Maybe the good folk at Del Rey got the titles mixed up. I think Star By Star should have been called Dark Journey and vica versa. Lets hope the Rebel Lines duology will be better(no doubt). At least its focusing on someone that isn't a jedi.Hoo-effing-rray!

Old Post Mar 14th, 2002 04:22 PM
Click here to Send Volundro Ramm a Private Message Find more posts by Volundro Ramm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

I thought that DJ was a good book. She was tempted by the Dark-Side and her temper started to get out of control.

Old Post Mar 14th, 2002 07:13 PM
Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Julie
The Student

roll eyes (sarcastic) Vol ramm.....I think you are discrediting a good book.

I don't much care for Kyp Durron, but Jag Fel's cool.

Keep in mind that DJ is a part of a series....some major events happened in SBS ...DJ allowed us to see how Jaina Solo reacted to these tragic events. Her character is deepened. [she refuses to allow herself to mourn the death of her brother....it's her defense method against the pain. Also she is distressed by Jacen's situation....we are left to wonder if he is alive (good way to get people to buy the next book)...Jaina doesn't allow herself to think about it but focuses on revenge...her turn to the dark side was subtle not flashy...bit by bit she gets sucked in. [spoiler] DJ also gives the other characters a chance to breathe a little.

Old Post Mar 15th, 2002 01:37 AM
Click here to Send Julie a Private Message Find more posts by Julie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

Hey Jules, your spoiler didn't work.

Old Post Mar 15th, 2002 04:31 AM
Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Volundro Ramm

Oh come on, wake up, "nothing happened". All the talk about wether Jacens dead or not? Again, come on wake up, of course he's alive, anyone with half a brain cell knows he is. As for giving characters a breather: We've still got the same old jedi, arguing over the same old things. Time for some fresh blood. None of the characters from the Young Jedi Knight series, them peoples is wack. Especially Lowbacca, what a poor excuse for a Jedi and a Wookie. And he just so happens to be related to Chewie, now theres a suprise! Don't get me wrong, i love the NJO books but since the end of SBS the series has got dry. I thought after the fall of Coruscant, things would pick up, but unfortunately they haven't(yet).

Old Post Mar 15th, 2002 04:02 PM
Click here to Send Volundro Ramm a Private Message Find more posts by Volundro Ramm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

That is so stupid. How could the series get dry after SbS. There's only one book out that is after SbS. You don't know if it's dry or not. One book doesn't determine the whole series.

Old Post Mar 15th, 2002 05:54 PM
Volundro Ramm

Stupid? I don't think so. The fall of Coruscant gave Del Rey a great situation for a great book. But instead they give us this Dark Journey rubbish. Who cares about the next queen of Hapes!!! Hello McFly!! Something else just happened that was rather large in comparison.

Old Post Mar 15th, 2002 07:16 PM
LanceWindu

Hello McFly? Back to the Future rules.

Old Post Mar 15th, 2002 07:26 PM
Julie
The Student

Ok well back to the Star Wars debate...
Vol Ramm like Lance says one book cannot be judged as the whole of the NJO being "dry"roll eyes (sarcastic)

Only a couple of days or weeks went by in DJ....after the big dev of SBS, DJ is somewhat relaxing.....it deals with emotions...sorry if that doesn't suit your tastes...maybe RD can give you the action...

[oops about the spoiler]

I am awake....and I still think you're wrong wink

Old Post Mar 16th, 2002 04:07 AM
Click here to Send Julie a Private Message Find more posts by Julie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

RD does sound like it is going to be action full. On the cover they have Wedge in the cockpit of a X-Wing.

Old Post Mar 16th, 2002 05:53 AM
Volundro Ramm

I just hope its less of a soppy soap opera.

Here's a question: Who do you think the traitor will be in the upcomming book. There's been no sign of anyone switching. Unless the Vong have brainwashed Jacen in captivity. Or maybe the traitor will be from the Vong ranks.......

Old Post Mar 16th, 2002 05:11 PM
Julie
The Student

I'd like to think that it's one of the Vong whose the traitor, but you never know. I doubt it'll be Jacen

Old Post Mar 16th, 2002 10:53 PM
Volundro Ramm

Or maybe a character we are yet to meet in the Rebel Lines duology.

Old Post Mar 17th, 2002 11:42 PM
LanceWindu

I believe it will be when Vergere finally reveals that she is a Jedi and she has been secretly plotting the downfall of the Vong.

Old Post Mar 18th, 2002 06:01 AM
Julie
The Student

hmmm could be...I kinda like her......

Old Post Mar 18th, 2002 11:46 PM
LanceWindu

It's gotta be her. Who else could be a traitor?

Old Post Mar 19th, 2002 10:57 PM
Julie
The Student

Hmmmm I'd have to actually think to come up with an answer.
Do you believe the traitor will be a good guy or a bad guy?

Old Post Mar 19th, 2002 11:05 PM
LanceWindu

I think a bad guy that will come to be a good guy.

Old Post Mar 19th, 2002 11:08 PM
Volundro Ramm

Good call LW, Vegere is the one.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2002 02:52 PM
LanceWindu

I knew it had to be her.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2002 07:38 PM