KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Timothy Zahn's novels. Could be movies?

Timothy Zahn's novels. Could be movies?
Started by: Zachara

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Zachara
Lady Knight

Timothy Zahn's novels. Could be movies?

Timothy Zahn has created, in my opinion, the most wonderful books in the EU. It fits the story line of the original movies and introduces wonderfully new characters.
Could these novels become the scripts for a new series of Star Wars movies?
I think they could, but I'd like to know some other peopls opinion.

"To Yoda's English class, welcome you, do I. Put subject before verb, fail this class will you." *pokes with small cane* "Listening to me , you are not. Unwise of you, that is. For a detention with Lady Knight Zachara, will you earn. And survive that, you might not."

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2004 06:28 PM
Click here to Send Zachara a Private Message Find more posts by Zachara Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jodo kast
Restricted

Account Restricted

Personally i'm no big fan of the thought of ep.7,8,9.But if they take the zahn trilogy as script i'd definitly change my mind they're the best star wars novels i've ever read;

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2004 06:30 PM
Click here to Send Jodo kast a Private Message Find more posts by Jodo kast Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Morridini
Morridini

If any of the EU books would hit the big screen it should definitively be Zahn's books.

Thanks to Raoul for the sig!

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2004 06:51 PM
Click here to Send Morridini a Private Message Find more posts by Morridini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
koolruningz
2009 NBA CHAMPIONS

He is a master of capturing the essence of the Star Wars movies. I find myself smiling reading his books sometimes because the characters act and speak just like the movies. The characters he has introduced are in my opinion the best of any Star Wars novel i've read.

"The Capitol of this rugged slang is WU-TANG,
Witty Unpridictable Talent And Natural Game". GZA

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2004 08:15 PM
Click here to Send koolruningz a Private Message Find more posts by koolruningz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sith Master X
Darth Sadistic

No, these will never be movies. NEVER! lol It just wouldn't be right unless GL was behind it.

I like George.

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2004 10:17 PM
Click here to Send Sith Master X a Private Message Find more posts by Sith Master X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
koolruningz
2009 NBA CHAMPIONS

just because they couldnt be movies (Lucas wouldnt allow it) doesnt mean they shouldnt be.

"The Capitol of this rugged slang is WU-TANG,
Witty Unpridictable Talent And Natural Game". GZA

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2004 10:44 PM
Click here to Send koolruningz a Private Message Find more posts by koolruningz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Spearhead
Prophet

If they put an Interdictor Cruiser on the big screen...I can die happy.

Ok, that's a bit exaggeration, but I really want to see that happen, I'm all for the Dark Force Trilogy being made into a movie series smile

I'm a signature!

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2004 01:27 AM
Click here to Send Spearhead a Private Message Find more posts by Spearhead Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Julie
The Student

Yes they would make good movies...no they will not....not anytime soon anyways b/c of all the legal issues

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2004 04:04 AM
Click here to Send Julie a Private Message Find more posts by Julie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

they can perhaps [SPOILER - highlight to read]: get into the tv-series

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2004 10:40 AM
Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Reborn Again
I'm HELL's Wrath!

He was the second author to create new stories within the SW universe, however, GL said 7, 8 & 9 will not be made by him... so maybe they could work as a TV mini-series instead. Now that would be cool!

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2004 01:44 PM
Click here to Send Reborn Again a Private Message Find more posts by Reborn Again Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eleveninches
God of my own world

NO, NO, and NOOOOOO!!!

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2004 04:15 PM
Click here to Send eleveninches a Private Message Find more posts by eleveninches Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Batman316
The True Batman

The Zahn books while definately the best simply cannot be movies. Simply the content alone would make all three episodes almost 4hrs long (just a rough guess)

Now making them a miniseries would be cool

Old Post Nov 25th, 2004 12:01 PM
Click here to Send Batman316 a Private Message Find more posts by Batman316 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BlueHarvest
insert lame title

I like the idea of a Zahn miniseries.

Old Post Dec 15th, 2004 12:51 AM
Click here to Send BlueHarvest a Private Message Find more posts by BlueHarvest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ArthasKnight
Dark Lord of the Sith

Nah, I don't think Star Wars is meant for television. I admit that even Clone Wars was pushing it a little. I think Star Wars needs to be kept in the movie category.

Old Post Dec 15th, 2004 01:18 AM
Click here to Send ArthasKnight a Private Message Find more posts by ArthasKnight Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
atheist
A Man of Reason

I wish these were movies but sadly they can never be made into movies. Lucas changed who the Clones are. In the Heir to the Empire Trilogy Jorus Caboth is a clone, he is a Jedi. In the Prequals movies the Clones are copies of Jango Fett not Jedi.

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2004 04:56 PM
Click here to Send atheist a Private Message Find more posts by atheist Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Delfedd
Beware of the Dark Side

The one real problem is that they cant have the original han, luke, leia, lando... ect. the'd be way to old and not want to do that stuff anymore. I guess it could work for tv, people don't seem to care if the actors change.

a public service anouncement (put in your Sig)

Old Post Jan 9th, 2005 02:15 AM
Click here to Send Delfedd a Private Message Find more posts by Delfedd Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Rover

Even IF it could be done, I don't think it should, because NO ONE could replace the original actors.

Last edited by The Rover on Jan 9th, 2005 at 02:26 AM

Old Post Jan 9th, 2005 02:22 AM
Click here to Send The Rover a Private Message Find more posts by The Rover Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phoenix Jedi
Jedi Kid

What MC John 117 said.
It just wouldn't be right, look right or feel right without the original actors. Yes, the books are great books, but they can never become movies.

Old Post Jan 11th, 2005 08:00 PM
Click here to Send Phoenix Jedi a Private Message Find more posts by Phoenix Jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
EyeOfApocalypse

There's absolutely no doubt about it in my mind, if anyone was to ever take up the reigns of making the Star Wars films after George's passing, then it should definitely be Tim.

Too bad it will never happn, and the mighty Grand Admiral Thrawn will never be introduced to those who stick only to the films...a tragedy

Old Post Jan 14th, 2005 11:44 PM
Click here to Send EyeOfApocalypse a Private Message Find more posts by EyeOfApocalypse Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
starwarsfreak34
Grand Admiral

who says they will never be films? confused THEY WILL BE THE BEST EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!! just because GL says he will never do it... [SPOILER - highlight to read]: there has been talk of his grandson or nephew taking over lucasfilms when he snuffs it, it will then be theirs to do as they wish, hence say hello to the new SW trilogy, the Thranw trilogy

Old Post Mar 29th, 2005 01:53 PM
Click here to Send starwarsfreak34 a Private Message Find more posts by starwarsfreak34 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote