KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Young Jedi Knights

Young Jedi Knights
Started by: Julie

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Julie
The Student

Young Jedi Knights

These books were so good that I believe they deserve their own little thread so that we can discuss them....

I read them a while ago, but I still remember the basic plots and characters.

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2002 10:50 PM
Click here to Send Julie a Private Message Find more posts by Julie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

This series is great for beginner Star Wars book readers. I started off with the final three books. I read every single one out of order. The last book I read in the series was the very first book. All 14 books are great. I encourage everyone to go out and read them.

Old Post Mar 24th, 2002 05:29 AM
Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Julie
The Student

I read them as I got my hands on them....also very out of order...which was your fav?

Old Post Mar 24th, 2002 09:30 PM
Click here to Send Julie a Private Message Find more posts by Julie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

I would have to say that Lightsabers was my personal fav.

Old Post Mar 24th, 2002 11:41 PM
Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Julie
The Student

Really?....the whole [SPOILER - highlight to read]: losing the arm thing was kinda creepy big grin ....I still think I'd have to go with Jedi Under Siege.

Old Post Mar 25th, 2002 10:49 PM
LanceWindu

Well since I had started from the end of the series I wanted to really see how exactly Tenal Ka lost [SPOILER - highlight to read]: her arm.

Old Post Mar 26th, 2002 01:51 AM
Julie
The Student

Oh I see...yes that would make Lightsabers special.....I read it several years ago, it was very good. The whole incident w/ Tenel Ka deepened her character.

Old Post Mar 27th, 2002 02:11 AM
LanceWindu

And I like how she can do everything everyone else does without [SPOILER - highlight to read]: her arm

Old Post Mar 27th, 2002 03:01 AM
Julie
The Student

Yeah [SPOILER - highlight to read]: she can even climb up ropes wink I like her, but I also like the Solo twins and Lowie

Old Post Mar 29th, 2002 10:25 PM
LanceWindu

I like Jacen's attempts at trying to make Tenal Ka laugh or even smile.

Old Post Mar 30th, 2002 03:53 AM
Julie
The Student

Yea his jokes are dumb, but it makes for some nice sentimental scenes....it deepens their friendship smile

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2002 03:02 AM
LanceWindu

Yeah but it also made it predictable that they were going to get together by the end of the series.

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2002 03:20 AM
Julie
The Student

Predictable is ok, but I see your point.....

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2002 03:47 AM
LanceWindu

To me I already knew what was going to happen. I read the books from last to beginning.

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2002 06:27 AM
Julie
The Student

haha...I do that alot...Its probably better to read series in order, but YJK was great even out of order....I actually started with Diversity Alliance and then continued on reading them as I got a hold of them.

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2002 02:17 AM
LanceWindu

That's basically howI did it too. I was amazed that my library had every single one of them.

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2002 03:56 AM
Julie
The Student

I'm not even sure my library has them all, but we're connected to the rest of the county so I can get books from all of the other county libraries....I think I got lightsabers by putting it on reserve...

Old Post Apr 4th, 2002 04:26 AM
LanceWindu

Sometimes you have to wait forever to get the book though. I remember waiting for 2 months for a stupid Star Trek book that I never got around to reading even one page out of.

Old Post Apr 4th, 2002 04:50 AM
Julie
The Student

ouch...well I doubt I'd not read a book I'd waited that long for.

Old Post Apr 4th, 2002 04:59 AM
LanceWindu

Well by the time I had gotten the bookI had seen the episode it was based on

Old Post Apr 5th, 2002 01:20 AM