KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Extent of the empire.

Extent of the empire.
Started by: eleveninches

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
eleveninches
God of my own world

Extent of the empire.

Just how big was the galactic empire at it's peak?

We know that Tattoine was not part of the republic, but it isnt made clear as to whether or not it was under direct empire control.

The stormtroopers have a prescence on tattoine, but it is of little political, military or strateigic importance, so it seems as if they were only there because they were looking for the droids in ANH, and do not have a permenent base there.

Also, somethijng that does not make sense. naboo is a part of the republic. Coruscant is the capital of the republic. But Tattoine is on the way to coruscant from naboo, and it is not a part of the republic. If the republic could reach naboo, then why not tattoine. Is it just that it doesnt care about tattoine because it is of little strateigic importance, or does it just not care?

Old Post Jan 10th, 2005 01:20 PM
Click here to Send eleveninches a Private Message Find more posts by eleveninches Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jedi_Green
Restricted

Account Restricted

You don't wanna mess with the hutts bro.
They're like the russian,italian,british,slug mafia put together man :P.

Old Post Jan 10th, 2005 02:02 PM
Click here to Send Jedi_Green a Private Message Find more posts by Jedi_Green Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jedi_Green
Restricted

Account Restricted

What do you think happens when george bush says "Lets take over italy, they won't fight back."

Old Post Jan 10th, 2005 02:03 PM
Click here to Send Jedi_Green a Private Message Find more posts by Jedi_Green Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Delfedd
Beware of the Dark Side

HAH! that would be funny.

a public service anouncement (put in your Sig)

Old Post Jan 11th, 2005 01:53 AM
Click here to Send Delfedd a Private Message Find more posts by Delfedd Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eleveninches
God of my own world

THe republic could reach to naboo, so it should have been able to reach tatooine as well. Did they not have the resources or did they just not care about an unimportant planet that couldnt give anything back to the republic?

Old Post Jan 11th, 2005 09:33 AM
Click here to Send eleveninches a Private Message Find more posts by eleveninches Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bob-Zombie
Restricted

Account Restricted

Where is this almighty map that shows tatooine is between coruscant and naboo?

Thee who disagree with thy paladin shall be smite-eth and smite-eth good!

Old Post Jan 11th, 2005 10:08 AM
Click here to Send Bob-Zombie a Private Message Find more posts by Bob-Zombie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eleveninches
God of my own world

it makes sense. in ep1, they were on the way to coruscant, and they had to land on tattoine. if tattoine was in the opposite direction, they would have went to another planet (in the direction of coruscant)

Old Post Jan 11th, 2005 10:52 AM
Bob-Zombie
Restricted

Account Restricted

Thats a good point there 11

Old Post Jan 11th, 2005 11:25 AM
Click here to Send Bob-Zombie a Private Message Find more posts by Bob-Zombie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eleveninches
God of my own world

Was it ever confirmed whether or not the empire had a base or a permanent prescence on tattoine?

Old Post Jan 11th, 2005 12:00 PM
Bob-Zombie
Restricted

Account Restricted

I just saw, in end of dvd rotj, you see bespin,naboo and tatooine, i dont know the last one but if tatooine is there must be

Old Post Jan 11th, 2005 12:25 PM
eleveninches
God of my own world

Well, if there was an imperial base on tattoine, then how would the destruction of the death star/death of palpy and vader have any effect on the politics of tattoine?

Old Post Jan 11th, 2005 12:46 PM
Bob-Zombie
Restricted

Account Restricted

see what happen to iraq when they caught hussein?

Old Post Jan 11th, 2005 12:57 PM
eleveninches
God of my own world

yeah, but saddam was in iraq. palpy and vader were not on tattoine, so they should have not effected tattoine

Old Post Jan 11th, 2005 02:32 PM
wuk es't
Restricted

Account Restricted

They have troops there. And if Tatooine doesn't wanna join the republic.

Old Post Jan 13th, 2005 08:16 PM
Click here to Send wuk es't a Private Message Find more posts by wuk es't Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote