KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Interview with Natalie Portman

Interview with Natalie Portman
Started by: DarthTerror2005

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
DarthTerror2005

Interview with Natalie Portman

SuperShadow: How did you get involved with the Star Wars prequels?

Natalie Portman: A representative from Lucasfilm contacted my agent inquiring if I was interested in appearing in the new trilogy. I wasn’t very familiar with Star Wars so I watched the first trilogy. I found it to be interesting, but much different from my previous work.

SuperShadow: Were you the first choice to play Padme Amidala?

Natalie Portman: George contacted several other actors and I stood out in the screen tests. George thought I was best suited for the role of a teenage queen. He thought I acted a lot older than my actual age and I was young at the time I was cast.

SuperShadow: Did you have any input as to your character’s development in the prequels?

Natalie Portman: No, George does all the writing. We just say the things he needs for us to say to get his ideas across on screen. George has everything structured and well organized. He’s experienced at making these kinds of movies so I just trusted his instincts. After all, it’s his imagination that we’re acting out. It all comes from him.

SuperShadow: How do you feel about the demise of your character at the end of Revenge of the Sith?

Natalie Portman: I believe it is a fitting end for her. Her whole life she tried to make a difference. She really cared about the affairs of the world she lived in. She’s has a kind heart and cares deeply for those around her. To die at the hands of the person she loves most above all others is very tragic. I think her end is very poignant and will be moving to those watching the movie.

SuperShadow: You started acting as the Padme Amidala character in 1997. Where has the time gone?

Natalie Portman: Yes, it has gone by fairly fast. I’ve grown up with Star Wars and have attended college. I have experienced as much as or more growth than my character. The journey to this point has been extremely rewarding. I’m sad that my involvement with Star Wars is coming to an end. I have so much fun and have made so many new friends.

SuperShadow: So you don’t have any regrets about appearing in Star Wars in regards to fame and notoriety?

Natalie Portman: Fame goes hand in hand with movies that appeal to a wide audience. I enjoy meeting the fans and signing autographs. Appearing in the prequels is the best move I have ever made as far as acting goes. I’m able to maintain my personal life and autonomy even in the face of the immense exposure Star Wars provides.

SuperShadow: Is that because Star Wars has made you rich?

Natalie Portman: Star Wars has afforded me the opportunity to live a comfortable life. I’m grateful to George for giving the opportunity to act in his movies. I now understand the full implications of the world he created and how serious the movie goers take the movies. It’s surprising the level of interest in the final movie. The spot light have never been on me this intense before, not even with the first one.

SuperShadow: If you really were Padme, would you have fallen for a guy like Anakin Skywalker?

Natalie Portman: I’m not really into the tough guys, who have the weight of the world on their shoulders. Anakin is too intense for me to be around all the time. He has too many issues and questions surrounding his existence. He’s just not the kind of guy I would really fall in love with.

SuperShadow: Why haven’t you gotten married in real life yet?

Natalie Portman: I’m young and not ready for a commitment of that magnitude. It’s best to mature a great deal before you make such a big leap. I think Padme made a mistake by marrying Anakin at such a young age. She should have waited to see what would happen to Anakin. She could have found out about his self-destructive tendencies and his immense desire for power.

SuperShadow: Did you enjoy working with George Lucas?

Natalie Portman: Yes, very much so. He is one of the most gifted directors I have ever had the privilege of working with. He always knew exactly what he wanted from us as actors. He knows what he wants and how to get the right performance from us.

SuperShadow: Thanks for taking the time to answer our questions.

Natalie Portman: You’re welcome.

Old Post Feb 8th, 2005 05:44 PM
Click here to Send DarthTerror2005 a Private Message Find more posts by DarthTerror2005 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Rover

Spam? stick out tongue
mad

Old Post Feb 8th, 2005 07:53 PM
Click here to Send The Rover a Private Message Find more posts by The Rover Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Delfedd
Beware of the Dark Side

this was.... random to say the least.

a public service anouncement (put in your Sig)

Old Post Feb 9th, 2005 01:09 AM
Click here to Send Delfedd a Private Message Find more posts by Delfedd Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mini-Doomer
!!!!!!!!!!!

Sleep

To bad that the interview you just posted from supershadow is 100% fake.

Old Post Feb 16th, 2005 03:21 AM
Click here to Send Mini-Doomer a Private Message Find more posts by Mini-Doomer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Julie
The Student

It sounds typical...real or not....and BTW if that was a spoiler.........*snifff...goes to a corner to cry*

Old Post Feb 27th, 2005 04:40 PM
Click here to Send Julie a Private Message Find more posts by Julie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote