KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » 1996 universal guide

1996 universal guide
Started by: yerssot

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
yerssot

1996 universal guide

Got it for two weeks now...
it arranges things alphabetical and gives things you know from cannon first then the EU...
got some strange things out of it, so I'm doubting how real it is...

Old Post Apr 5th, 2002 08:00 PM
Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
phinney6
consiglieri

its probably bogus

Old Post Apr 5th, 2002 08:01 PM
Click here to Send phinney6 a Private Message Find more posts by phinney6 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

Name one of the strange things.

Old Post Apr 5th, 2002 08:03 PM
Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

well, it claims the lava pit fight is real, said it was written in the novelisation of RotJ, that's the only strange thing I can remember for now, I'll write the other things down

Old Post Apr 5th, 2002 08:06 PM
Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

Lava pit in ROTJ????????????

Old Post Apr 5th, 2002 08:07 PM
Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

no no, it claims that there is a reference in the novel of RotJ that said that Vader got in a fight with OB1 and fell in a lavapit

Old Post Apr 5th, 2002 08:19 PM
LanceWindu

Oh. It still doesn't sound right.

Old Post Apr 5th, 2002 08:39 PM
yerssot

I know sad

Old Post Apr 5th, 2002 08:43 PM
LanceWindu

Is it a del-ray book or what? Is it published by Lucas Books? If not then it has to be bogus.

Old Post Apr 6th, 2002 12:03 AM
Julie
The Student

You never know...besides even books that Del Rey did publish could have gotten a wrong fact or two....the novelization of ROTJ might have had a reference to the lava scene but that's dated material

Old Post Apr 6th, 2002 04:21 AM
Click here to Send Julie a Private Message Find more posts by Julie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

I've read one type of novelization of ROTJ and it didn't have a lava reference, but it might have come from a different source.

Old Post Apr 6th, 2002 05:03 AM
Julie
The Student

Yes it could.....but I don't know...I just doubt the lava scene will ever become reality because so many people know of it.

Old Post Apr 6th, 2002 03:51 PM
Click here to Send Julie a Private Message Find more posts by Julie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

I think that GL will go through with it because of the fans wanting to se it for real.

Old Post Apr 6th, 2002 09:17 PM
Volundro Ramm
You can't afford it......

Time to lay this one to rest. A friend of mine works in the movies(such as Saving private Ryan, The fifth Element, Harry Potter etc). His Grandad was Bill Welch(the construction manager for the original Star Wars trilogy), and so he has a lot of film memoribelia(how u spell that?) including story boards and concept art, even a part of the floor of the Millenium Falcon. Also he has a original script for ROTJ. And so, the layin to rest. The lava pit dual conversation was simply cut from the script and not even shot. Apparently Lucas got rid of it pretty early on.

Old Post Apr 18th, 2002 01:13 PM
Click here to Send Volundro Ramm a Private Message Find more posts by Volundro Ramm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

The lava thing is in the novelisation of ROTJ, " we fought and Anakin fell into a molten pit. When he clawed his way out of it......(cant remember it exactly I am at work at the moment and dont have the book here.)

Old Post Apr 18th, 2002 01:17 PM
Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

Well when you pull it out do you think you could type up the excerpt from it for us?

Old Post Apr 18th, 2002 04:33 PM
Julie
The Student

*waits*

Old Post Apr 20th, 2002 04:08 AM
LanceWindu

*looks at watch anxiously*

Old Post Apr 20th, 2002 04:40 AM
yerssot

well, he hasa RL you know

Old Post Apr 20th, 2002 09:17 AM
finti

from the ROTJ Novel Obi Wan talking to Luke
"When I saw what had become of him, I tried tp dissuade him, to draw him back from the dark side. We fought... your father fell into a molten pit. When your father clawed his way out of that fiery pool, the change had been burned into him forever - He was Darth Vader without a trace of Anakin Skywalker. Irredeemably dark. Scarred. Kept alive only by machinery and his own black will"

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2002 05:01 PM
Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote