KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Darth Bane

Darth Bane
Started by: Darth Veramamee

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Darth Veramamee

Darth Bane

Yeah, apparently Darth Bane makes an appearance in Episode III. Well, after doing a search I found a different picture of him, and it looks quite different from the one I'm used to. Well, I personally believe that the one from the Star Wars: The New Essential Guide to Characters book looks much better than the other one. And when he does show up in the movie, what do you hope he looks like? The one from the book or the other one?

Attachment: darthbane1.jpg
This has been downloaded 349 time(s).

Old Post Feb 21st, 2005 09:53 AM
Click here to Send Darth Veramamee a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Veramamee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Veramamee

The picture above is from the book, and the one below is from Star Wars tales.

Attachment: darth_bane.jpg
This has been downloaded 305 time(s).

Last edited by Darth Veramamee on Feb 21st, 2005 at 09:58 AM

Old Post Feb 21st, 2005 09:54 AM
Click here to Send Darth Veramamee a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Veramamee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
thejeditraitor
An Original

sorry, you are completely wrong.

CHECK OUT MY SITE! for all your star wars ep 3 pics and more!
http://home.att.net/~jcshetler/index.html

Old Post Feb 21st, 2005 10:01 AM
Click here to Send thejeditraitor a Private Message Find more posts by thejeditraitor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mossman

Darth Bane has nothing to do with Episode III.
Period.

You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy...

Old Post Feb 21st, 2005 11:40 AM
Click here to Send mossman a Private Message Find more posts by mossman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

Hahah Well maybe Darth Bane is older than 1000 years who knows?
I mean Dark Lord of the Sith are known for their long lifes.

Old Post Feb 21st, 2005 08:19 PM
Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

God DB looks liek an idiot on the first pic. Comic Darth Bane rules.

Old Post Feb 21st, 2005 08:21 PM
Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stinky_Bottoms

I always thought Darth Bane looked like this...
(please log in to view the image)

Old Post May 31st, 2005 08:55 AM
Click here to Send Stinky_Bottoms a Private Message Find more posts by Stinky_Bottoms Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Soren the Mage
Restricted

Account Restricted

That is such a sweet lightsaber, i am #*%$ing drooling.

An Ancient Prophecy . . . The deity shall walk forth . . .

Old Post May 31st, 2005 12:50 PM
Click here to Send Soren the Mage a Private Message Find more posts by Soren the Mage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Soren the Mage
Restricted

Account Restricted

Re: Darth Bane

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Darth Veramamee
Yeah, apparently Darth Bane makes an appearance in Episode III. Well, after doing a search I found a different picture of him, and it looks quite different from the one I'm used to. Well, I personally believe that the one from the Star Wars: The New Essential Guide to Characters book looks much better than the other one. And when he does show up in the movie, what do you hope he looks like? The one from the book or the other one?

Darth Bane died a LOOOOOOOOONNNNNNGGGG time before EpIII. Him making an appearance is completly and unquestionably impossible.

An Ancient Prophecy . . . The deity shall walk forth . . .

Old Post May 31st, 2005 12:52 PM
Click here to Send Soren the Mage a Private Message Find more posts by Soren the Mage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth_bane

oh i just have to say this the darth bane you see in pic one is the one after he had gotten his arnour in the tomb of freedon nadd the pic after is in the battle of ruusan

Old Post Dec 20th, 2005 05:09 PM
Click here to Send Darth_bane a Private Message Find more posts by Darth_bane Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
overlord
OD'd

OMG!! Darth Bane coming in episode III? I read that on supes.com! laughing
I can't believe so many people were fooled!

backwards, forwards, backwards, forwards

Old Post Dec 20th, 2005 05:58 PM
Click here to Send overlord a Private Message Find more posts by overlord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Greyrobes

I have a question about Bane! We all know he instigated the rules of Master and Apprentice, so that the Sith Empire may survive and that calamitous strife may cease. I've read somewhere that he also came up with the concept of 'Darth' and the subsequent name, so that the Sith's true identity may be shielded from others. Is this true, or is the tradition of 'Darth' far older? As shown in KotOR with Darth Revan and Darth Malak, Darth Sion and so forth?

Old Post Dec 20th, 2005 08:54 PM
Click here to Send Greyrobes a Private Message Find more posts by Greyrobes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth_Glentract
The Truest Sith Lord

The KOTOR game designers were morons.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2005 08:58 PM
Click here to Send Darth_Glentract a Private Message Find more posts by Darth_Glentract Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Originally posted by Greyrobes
I have a question about Bane! We all know he instigated the rules of Master and Apprentice, so that the Sith Empire may survive and that calamitous strife may cease. I've read somewhere that he also came up with the concept of 'Darth' and the subsequent name, so that the Sith's true identity may be shielded from others. Is this true, or is the tradition of 'Darth' far older? As shown in KotOR with Darth Revan and Darth Malak, Darth Sion and so forth?
Yes, the KoTOR games screwed up the continuity of the title.

Darth originally came from Bane. HE designed the rule of two, the title, and the concept of apprentice killing master.

The KOTOR designers thought it would be "neat," if they used the Darth title. GL approved, and apparently he figured that noone would play close attention to the title's history.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2005 09:21 PM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth_Hexus
Cool Joe.

well darth bane is somewhat of a loser for the whole killing the master thing, how are they suipposed to survive

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2005 09:35 PM
Click here to Send Darth_Hexus a Private Message Find more posts by Darth_Hexus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
reborn_213
Scruffy Nerf Herder

They would die off otherwise, they kill off the weak so that there can be someone stronger...

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2005 09:47 PM
Click here to Send reborn_213 a Private Message Find more posts by reborn_213 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth_Hexus
Cool Joe.

well you know what they say about streangth in numbers

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2005 09:55 PM
Click here to Send Darth_Hexus a Private Message Find more posts by Darth_Hexus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Originally posted by DarthMaul9123
well darth bane is somewhat of a loser for the whole killing the master thing, how are they suipposed to survive
The Apprentice kills the master when he's strong enough, and takes one of his own.

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2005 10:10 PM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote