KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Zahn may be back

Zahn may be back
Started by: LanceWindu

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
LanceWindu

Zahn may be back

This news comes from theforce.net.

TFN Jedi Council Forum member K_Kinnison sends in the following report:

I was at a Sci-Fi convention Odessey Con, where Timothy Zahn was a guest of Honor.

I was able to talk to Mr. Zahn and he did confrm that he had a contract, and the outline done for a new SW novel that takes place betwen EP I and EP II.

There has been whispers lately that Timothy Zahn would be returning to the Star Wars Universe, and I for one am very excited to see his return, and equally moreso intrigued by him writing a prequel novel.

Once again: thanks to theforce.net for this news.

Old Post Apr 16th, 2002 09:30 PM
Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Julie
The Student

cool.....I did like the thrawn trilogy....

Old Post Apr 17th, 2002 01:09 AM
Click here to Send Julie a Private Message Find more posts by Julie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

Everyone I've ever talked to who has read the Thrawn trilogy has liked it.

Old Post Apr 17th, 2002 02:10 AM
Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Volundro Ramm
You can't afford it......

Thats because its the whole foundation of Star Wars EU.

Old Post Apr 17th, 2002 03:05 PM
Click here to Send Volundro Ramm a Private Message Find more posts by Volundro Ramm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

Not really. It's the series that really got people into writing and reading EU.

Old Post Apr 17th, 2002 03:07 PM
Julie
The Student

I see Vol's point.....when they decided to write EU again they hired Zahn to start off everything.....so in a way it is the foundation of EU

On the other hand I also see Lance's point - The Thrawn trilogy brought EU alive and made people really want more...whether that involved reading it or writing it wink

Old Post Apr 17th, 2002 09:28 PM
Click here to Send Julie a Private Message Find more posts by Julie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Volundro Ramm
You can't afford it......

Eeerr what do you mean again. The only Star Wars EU book of any note to come out before Heir to the Empire was Splinters of a minds eye which came out after A New Hope. The Thrawn Trilogy is the original ganster of Star Wars literature. Nuff said.

Old Post Apr 18th, 2002 01:03 PM
Click here to Send Volundro Ramm a Private Message Find more posts by Volundro Ramm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

Yeah Zahn books have been the best so far, have a break in the EU reading last book was: Planet of twillight not so good

Old Post Apr 18th, 2002 01:20 PM
Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

I wonder when this book of his is going to be set. We already know that it will be between TPM and AOTC, but where in between? I mean we've already had a book with a 12 year old Ani and one with an 18 year old Ani. Do you think it would be set in between those? Or before the 12 year old?

It can't be after the 18 year old because that book is set only weeks before AOTC and ends right before the movie.

Also I wonder what it will be about? Maybe character development for Sidious or maybe The Commerce Guild?

Let's just hope that Zahn hasn't lost his magic for Star Wars EU.

Old Post Apr 18th, 2002 04:37 PM
Julie
The Student

I think he'll do alright wink

Old Post Apr 20th, 2002 04:00 AM
LanceWindu

I'm pretty sure of it to. He can't possibly do worse than The Crystal Star.

Old Post Apr 20th, 2002 04:48 AM
Julie
The Student

Wow it seems like everybody here is set against the Crystal Star...I'll admit that it was very "corny" at points, but it's wasn't the worst book I've ever read

Old Post Apr 21st, 2002 03:46 AM
LanceWindu

I've read worse also. Like The Han Solo Adventures.

There's this one part in the first book where [SPOILER - highlight to read]: A building blew up and was sent into orbit pretty much.

Old Post Apr 21st, 2002 07:19 AM
Julie
The Student

I think I read that book, but I don't remember that part. In my collection of books was the three parts of the Han solo adventures....that's also low on my priority list.

Old Post Apr 21st, 2002 09:53 PM
LanceWindu

I think it is Han Solo at Star End

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2002 02:33 AM
Julie
The Student

yup...[SPOILER - highlight to read]: the one where Chewie ends up a prisoner at the end

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2002 11:49 PM
LanceWindu

YeaH

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2002 12:55 AM
Julie
The Student

I haven't read the other two books in the series yet, but it's on my to read list and in that pile of books that I have hanging out in the "study" room

Old Post May 1st, 2002 01:53 AM
LanceWindu

I own them but I only read the first.

Old Post May 1st, 2002 03:34 PM
Julie
The Student

put the other two on the "to read" list wink

Old Post May 2nd, 2002 09:43 PM