KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Who thinks that Lucas should make an episode 7?

Who thinks that Lucas should make an episode 7?
Started by: ellehcim_belle

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
ellehcim_belle

Opinions anyone? smile

Old Post Mar 29th, 2005 09:10 AM
Click here to Send ellehcim_belle a Private Message Find more posts by ellehcim_belle Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Milosz006

Not after Episodes 1-3. Maybe if you had asked me 7 years ago.

Old Post Mar 29th, 2005 09:12 AM
Click here to Send Milosz006 a Private Message Find more posts by Milosz006 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ellehcim_belle

yea those episodes were a let down after the first 3

Old Post Mar 29th, 2005 09:27 AM
Click here to Send ellehcim_belle a Private Message Find more posts by ellehcim_belle Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Anakin_the_Hutt
Jedi Master

Hell no. He'd be making it just to make it. I think the whole saga is fine and dandy with just two trilogies. Another one would just sour the whole thing.

Old Post Mar 29th, 2005 09:27 AM
Click here to Send Anakin_the_Hutt a Private Message Find more posts by Anakin_the_Hutt Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Red Superfly
You creepy little stalker

Nope. No Darth Vader. No Emperor.

Why bother?

I'm not fond of the EU stuff set after Return Of The Jedi to be honest. I mean we have Luke turning to the dark side, which undoes any progress he made during the OT. Then there's Leia becoming a Jedi (yawn). Then there's the clone of the Emperor crap I'd rather just forget. Then there's the Empire Remnant, which has no point whatsoever because it's just the Empire all messed up - who's gonna percieve that as a threat when they were defeated even at full power?

The only reason I'd like to see Episode 7 is to see ghost Anakin and ghost Obi-Wan get pissy with each other like old times, only this time Obi-Wan is pissed because Anakin gets to be his youthful young stud self while he is left in his old form.

Obi-Wan: "You little bastard, you wiped out the Jedi, killed most of my friends, tried to kill me, then killed me, blew up God knows how many rebels, helped to destroy Alderaan, used a mind probe torture device on your own daughter, killed loads of your own men, cut up your own kid while trying to turn him evil, not to mention killing his best friend, and later torturring them, even using one as a test subject, and you get to keep your young self image because you picked up the Emperor FROM BEHIND I might add, and throwing his ass down a hole. If this is the will of the force then the force just plain sucks ass"

Old Post Mar 29th, 2005 09:37 AM
Click here to Send Red Superfly a Private Message Find more posts by Red Superfly Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Uber_God
Restricted

Account Restricted

they managed to make NJO books

and this belongs in EU

Old Post Mar 29th, 2005 09:39 AM
Click here to Send Uber_God a Private Message Find more posts by Uber_God Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Anakin_the_Hutt
Jedi Master

Yeah, I agree. The EU after Return of the Jedi really sucks nuts. To make a movie about all that...or within that timeframe - well, sucks nuts.

The good EU are the stories in between the films, I think.

Old Post Mar 29th, 2005 09:52 AM
Click here to Send Anakin_the_Hutt a Private Message Find more posts by Anakin_the_Hutt Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Naredhel
General

Although think of the plus from the technology point of view - no trying to match 1970's technology / shots! Just super-duper hi-tech. I do want to see more Star Wars, but only if they're done VERY well (i.e. Quality of III, IV, V, VI) otherwise that would completely ruin it. And I agree with Red - the EU stuff is a bit sucky. It's like they were desperately trying to create something out of nothing... bit dumb IMO. By creating something new, they've potentially ruined it VI+

Old Post Mar 29th, 2005 10:16 AM
Click here to Send Naredhel a Private Message Find more posts by Naredhel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
peluffo

quote:
The only reason I'd like to see Episode 7 is to see ghost Anakin and ghost Obi-Wan get pissy with each other like old times, only this time Obi-Wan is pissed because Anakin gets to be his youthful young stud self while he is left in his old form.

Obi-Wan: "You little bastard, you wiped out the Jedi, killed most of my friends, tried to kill me, then killed me, blew up God knows how many rebels, helped to destroy Alderaan, used a mind probe torture device on your own daughter, killed loads of your own men, cut up your own kid while trying to turn him evil, not to mention killing his best friend, and later torturring them, even using one as a test subject, and you get to keep your young self image because you picked up the Emperor FROM BEHIND I might add, and throwing his ass down a hole. If this is the will of the force then the force just plain sucks ass"

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

For the Empire, against the rebel alliance.
"Good" is a point of view...The Sith and the Jedi are similar in almost every way.

Old Post Mar 29th, 2005 11:47 AM
Click here to Send peluffo a Private Message Find more posts by peluffo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arsenal

quote:
you wiped out the Jedi, killed most of my friends, tried to kill me, then killed me, blew up God knows how many rebels, helped to destroy Alderaan, used a mind probe torture device on your own daughter, killed loads of your own men, cut up your own kid while trying to turn him evil, not to mention killing his best friend, and later torturring them, even using one as a test subject, and you get to keep your young self image because you picked up the Emperor FROM BEHIND I might add, and throwing his ass down a hole. If this is the will of the force then the force just plain sucks ass"

I never thought of it that way.

Old Post Mar 29th, 2005 12:02 PM
Click here to Send Arsenal a Private Message Find more posts by Arsenal Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Crazy88No.1
Alchemist

h e l l n o ! ! ! Indiana Jones 4 is already a bad mistake...

Old Post Mar 29th, 2005 01:06 PM
Click here to Send Crazy88No.1 a Private Message Find more posts by Crazy88No.1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
J.M FcThumbs-Up
Dutch-Master

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Red Superfly
Nope. No Darth Vader. No Emperor.

Why bother?

I'm not fond of the EU stuff set after Return Of The Jedi to be honest. I mean we have Luke turning to the dark side, which undoes any progress he made during the OT. Then there's Leia becoming a Jedi (yawn). Then there's the clone of the Emperor crap I'd rather just forget. Then there's the Empire Remnant, which has no point whatsoever because it's just the Empire all messed up - who's gonna percieve that as a threat when they were defeated even at full power?

Hardcore laughing out loud to the bone!

No way I would like to see a new trilogy without DV, Palpatine and the Empire!!!

Although, the idea of a television series isn't that bad at all, but it should be about the remnants of the Old Jedi Order versus DV and the Empire(between Ep3 and Ep4).
OR it should be about the ancient Sith versus the ancient Jedi.
OR perhaps about the NJO.
Let's be honest, deep in our hearts we all want more SW, but it must be something special(although it can NEVER be more special than the Movies) or to make us exciting!

big grin smokin'

Einstein was right about human stupidity!

Old Post Mar 29th, 2005 01:18 PM
Click here to Send J.M FcThumbs-Up a Private Message Find more posts by J.M FcThumbs-Up Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Banshee

I would like a cartoon (like clone wars) about ep 7-9.

Old Post Mar 29th, 2005 01:20 PM
Click here to Send Lord Banshee a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Banshee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
k1klass

Miffed

Starwars has allways been a money making machine, its hard for hollywood to leave these alone till in ruins, till now George has kept control, but probally - only after George is dead the kids sell the rights eek! and we end up with a few more being made till we all fed up!

Last edited by k1klass on Mar 29th, 2005 at 01:36 PM

Old Post Mar 29th, 2005 01:32 PM
Click here to Send k1klass a Private Message Find more posts by k1klass Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PVS
Restricted

Account Restricted

originally GL planned on first making ep7 then doing the prequel. although
im glad he backed off the idea of ep7, i would still have liked to know what he planned on doing storywise.

Old Post Mar 29th, 2005 01:56 PM
Click here to Send PVS a Private Message Find more posts by PVS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Uber_God
Restricted

Account Restricted

hmmm
the only way i see an ep 7 is if the OT was remade and had a few tweaks to the story, but that would quite well be bullshit cause the OT is still pretty good

Old Post Mar 29th, 2005 02:47 PM
Click here to Send Uber_God a Private Message Find more posts by Uber_God Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Obi-OneManShow

Originally posted by Uber_God
The only way i see an ep 7 is if the OT was remade and had a few tweaks to the story, but that would quite well be bullshit cause the OT is still pretty good

Hell Uber_God, it's a good thing Lucas doesn't listen to YOU the way he takes advice from SS wink

3 words, guys:

QUALITY OVER QUANTITY!

It's not because something's good or because you like something, that it will become better if there's more... quite the contrary, a lot of times.

Look at breasts: are F-cup breasts by definition better than B or C-cups, simply because there's MORE breast? As master Yoda would wisely say: "Size matters not", and who are we to argue with a guy who's been observing Jedi breasts for 900 years?

Seriously now:

The quality standard of the SW saga has already dropped with the prequels... ROTS promises to be the best of the prequels, perhaps even one of the best of all 6... let's hope. Let's end it on that high note. Lucas can't ever top that with stories without the Skywalkers.
So he really should stop at 6. Myself, I wouldn't mind SW continuing with stuff like the Clone Wars cartoons, I like those, and they're distant enough from the movies. And there'll be enough bookz, comix, video gamez etc to keep our SW
fix satisfied. I'm a bit dodgy about a live-action SW TV-series... it could turn out great, but it'll have to have a high production standard and some GREAT talents involved to succeed. We'll see...

Originally posted by Red Superfly

You crack me up, lil' buddy! laughing

Burn them down!! The lot of them!!

Old Post Mar 29th, 2005 03:28 PM
Click here to Send Obi-OneManShow a Private Message Find more posts by Obi-OneManShow Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~JP~
yeah baby

in a word.....No

Old Post Mar 29th, 2005 03:30 PM
Click here to Send ~JP~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~JP~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Obi-OneManShow

Originally posted by Jedi Priestess
in a word.....No

No what? No episode VI? Then I agree with you with all my heart, JP, perhaps even more...

Burn them down!! The lot of them!!

Old Post Mar 29th, 2005 03:34 PM
Click here to Send Obi-OneManShow a Private Message Find more posts by Obi-OneManShow Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Originally posted by PVS
originally GL planned on first making ep7 then doing the prequel. although
im glad he backed off the idea of ep7, i would still have liked to know what he planned on doing storywise.

Already answered, years back.

Originally the final Emperor confrontation would not have been until Episode IX. The sequel trilogy would have been about Luke's search for his sister, who was not Leia.

They truncated it when they made ROTJ, and the sequel trilogy died then. It is no longer possible, the story is already finished. it would only have been possible of VI was left open.

Meanwhile, moving this to EU.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Mar 29th, 2005 03:34 PM
Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote