KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars vs. Lord of the Rings

Who would wn?
This poll is closed.
Lord of the Rings 3 6.38%
Star Wars 38 80.85%
Both dies/lives 6 12.77%
Total: 47 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Star Wars vs. Lord of the Rings
Started by: AngryApocalypse

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
AngryApocalypse
Restricted

Account Restricted

Star Wars vs. Lord of the Rings

The Force leads them to victory.

Old Post Apr 15th, 2005 02:39 AM
Click here to Send AngryApocalypse a Private Message Find more posts by AngryApocalypse Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jedi_Snake
Meatbag Assassin Droid

star wars of course!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *pulls out a lightsaber and slices the ring in half*

There is no darkside!
There is no lightside!!
There is only the Force itself.

Old Post Apr 15th, 2005 02:42 AM
Click here to Send Jedi_Snake a Private Message Find more posts by Jedi_Snake Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LightSaber_Part

Lord of the rings and star wars.

Soli Deo gloria

Old Post Apr 15th, 2005 02:53 AM
Click here to Send LightSaber_Part a Private Message Find more posts by LightSaber_Part Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jedi_Snake
Meatbag Assassin Droid

Lord of the Wars....Star Rings....Lord of the Star Wars...Star of the Rings...hah....Lord of the Ring Wars....Ring of the Wars....heh....

There is no darkside!
There is no lightside!!
There is only the Force itself.

Old Post Apr 15th, 2005 03:22 AM
Click here to Send Jedi_Snake a Private Message Find more posts by Jedi_Snake Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SnakeEyes
Connoisseur

Well considering you started this in a SW forum, I think that most people are going to say Star Wars. This thread has already been done like 2 times in Movie discussion...

"Nothing is ever as good as you can imagine it."

Old Post Apr 15th, 2005 04:19 AM
Click here to Send SnakeEyes a Private Message Find more posts by SnakeEyes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fishy

Well thats going to be one reason for the SW people to win the other is star destroyers x-wings tie fighters bombers at-ats at-sts guns...

And well a lot of other mordern stuff that they never even heard of in Lotr

Thanks TWelling4Ever

Old Post Apr 15th, 2005 01:22 PM
Click here to Send Fishy a Private Message Find more posts by Fishy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mephistodesigns
Hate has made me powerful

Yep, SW can destroy everything from orbit. LOTR has Bob Cratchet on a big flying lizard...gee, who will win I wonder? And...wait...doesn't everything in LOTR happen on ONE LITTLE PLANET? The roar from the Heavens you hear Frodo, is the Death Star, dropping out of Hyperspace, if you still want to make out with Sam, now is the time. [Sam smiles eagerly at Frodo, who cringes] evil face

Old Post Apr 15th, 2005 05:47 PM
Click here to Send mephistodesigns a Private Message Find more posts by mephistodesigns Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mr.smiley

well if your basing it off the 3 movies then star wars.
basing it on the whole lord of the rings history i say lord of the rings

http://soundcloud.com/pytt-1

Old Post Apr 15th, 2005 06:13 PM
Click here to Send mr.smiley a Private Message Find more posts by mr.smiley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth_DaNThEMaN
Restricted

Account Restricted

this is so stupid, because one side has far advanced technology and weaponry, the other cuts eachother with knifes. i love LOTR as much as the next guy, but its just a lanslide victory.

Old Post Apr 16th, 2005 03:15 AM
Click here to Send Darth_DaNThEMaN a Private Message Find more posts by Darth_DaNThEMaN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chronic
Restricted

Account Restricted

dude...why(star wars)

pull up your pants before i put a quarter in it pirate^thanks arcane^

Old Post Apr 16th, 2005 03:32 AM
Click here to Send chronic a Private Message Find more posts by chronic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LightSaber_Part

quote: (post)
Originally posted by mephistodesigns
if you still want to make out with Sam, now is the time. [Sam smiles eagerly at Frodo, who cringes] evil face

You Do NOT understand LOTR. no
any one that is NOT a TRUE fan of LOTR does not understand it.

Soli Deo gloria

Old Post Apr 16th, 2005 04:02 AM
Click here to Send LightSaber_Part a Private Message Find more posts by LightSaber_Part Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Subjekt
The beginning of the end.

whats that have to do with anything? Ok lets for get that lotr has only horses, big elephants and the occasional dragon and that SW has speeders, ships, walkers(big and small), and ultimately the Death Star. All lotr has, like dude said is swords, knives and catapults...SW has lightsabers, blasters, ion canons, thermal detonators, and the force. Ok lotr has those big bastards who just club like 30 people at a time...I'm sure the rancor isn't the only on of his species.....and again like said before, it all happens on middle earth, one place....sw has HUNDREDS of planets/systems to gather troops, not to mention droids. I really don't see how it could even be considered a contest.

Besides, Christopher lee might find himself in a compromising position being on opposite sides of himself, lol.

Thanks to Advent for the Sig!

Old Post Apr 16th, 2005 03:14 PM
Click here to Send Darth Subjekt a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Subjekt Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Naga Sadow

lol, lotr doesnt stand a chance, its just not a fair contest. star destroyers against nazgul? c'mon.

COMPLETE AND TOTAL OWNAGE IT IS, YEEES.

Old Post Apr 16th, 2005 04:26 PM
Click here to Send Naga Sadow a Private Message Find more posts by Naga Sadow Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mephistodesigns

Originally posted by LightSaber_Part
You Do NOT understand LOTR. no
any one that is NOT a TRUE fan of LOTR does not understand it.

I was kidding you freakin' fanboy! I know there's none of that in there...it was just a JOKE. Jeez. laughing

Old Post Apr 16th, 2005 07:12 PM
Click here to Send mephistodesigns a Private Message Find more posts by mephistodesigns Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Subjekt

yea i think its pretty unanimous...SW hands down.

Old Post Apr 17th, 2005 03:39 AM
Click here to Send Darth Subjekt a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Subjekt Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Originally posted by Fishy
Well thats going to be one reason for the SW people to win the other is star destroyers x-wings tie fighters bombers at-ats at-sts guns...

And well a lot of other mordern stuff that they never even heard of in Lotr

So, lasers and lightsabers are modern now, eh? stick out tongue

Old Post Apr 17th, 2005 07:14 AM
Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Subjekt

Yeah Rex, you dont have a fully functional lightsaber yet? God where have you been? its the latest craze. Oh these whacky kids and their laser swords...tsk tsk stick out tongue

Old Post Apr 17th, 2005 03:45 PM
mephistodesigns

see, the fact of the matter is, LOTR can have all the freakin' history it wants, it all takes place on one planet. So even if it was ALL of LOTR from the beginning of time till whenever against JUST ANH, they'd still lose. Death Star can just blow all their history right back to the pits of moria...

Old Post Apr 17th, 2005 06:10 PM
Stealth
Ranger

star wars.

For Fritos.

Old Post Apr 17th, 2005 07:31 PM
Click here to Send Stealth a Private Message Find more posts by Stealth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Blender

This thread is kinda needless. Thereīs no need to decide. I love both. And itīs totally different things. You canīt just compare them.
Itīs like you asking: "8 Mile or Die Hard?"
And I might add that my experience is that most people who like one of it also like the other.
End in this thread for me.

Old Post Apr 21st, 2005 04:29 PM
Click here to Send Darth Blender a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Blender Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote