KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » A thought about who Grevious really is

A thought about who Grevious really is
Started by: Jango_Fett_A

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Jango_Fett_A
Bravo Commander

A thought about who Grevious really is

I was just watching clone wars and i noticed the resemblance between Durge and General Grevious. They have a similar body, face and everything, also, just as Durge disappears, Grevious comes. Besides, didn't the seperatists find all "Grevious's" internal organs and enclosed them in his metallic body, I think it's Durge... If you watch clone wars episode 21 and 8, you will see what i mean, if you have a different opinion, please share it big grin

Old Post Apr 25th, 2005 10:22 PM
Click here to Send Jango_Fett_A a Private Message Find more posts by Jango_Fett_A Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SnakeEyes
Connoisseur

I am not so sure about that, because I have a comic that GG makes an appearance in. And then later, in a different comic, Durge is killed.

"Nothing is ever as good as you can imagine it."

Old Post Apr 25th, 2005 10:24 PM
Click here to Send SnakeEyes a Private Message Find more posts by SnakeEyes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth_DaNThEMaN
Restricted

Account Restricted

i bet he's really............

General Grievous

Old Post Apr 26th, 2005 12:41 AM
Click here to Send Darth_DaNThEMaN a Private Message Find more posts by Darth_DaNThEMaN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Rover

Grievous was a Kalee(sh) warlord, who was saved from death by Sidious' medics. wink
It's in the VD, so it's official.

Old Post Apr 26th, 2005 02:21 AM
Click here to Send The Rover a Private Message Find more posts by The Rover Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mephistodesigns
Hate has made me powerful

That's also covered in the SW Visionaries graphic novel from Dark Horse which was done by the concept artists. They used the backstory which they came up with and gave to Lucas when they showed the designs, the artists usually come up with some tid bit about what or why a character is what it is and Lucas builds on it.

And yes, Durge did not die until AFTER Grievous showed up. If you read Labrynth of Evil, the novel that ties directly into ROTS, you'll find that he was even at Geonosis during the battle of the same name, he was in the catacombs and made his escape because they didn't want the jedi to know about him yet. They found several dead Jedi which they've discovered were killed at his hands. You also see his fighter depart Geonosis in the game Republic Commando.

Old Post Apr 26th, 2005 04:50 AM
Click here to Send mephistodesigns a Private Message Find more posts by mephistodesigns Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hazardous

durge is dead...he aint coming back...grievous was around before he died, so your theory of durge reappearing as grievous is...well......dead.

Old Post Apr 26th, 2005 11:06 AM
Find more posts by Hazardous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Plagueis
The Wise-Ass Sith Lord

quote: (post)
Originally posted by mephistodesigns
That's also covered in the SW Visionaries graphic novel from Dark Horse which was done by the concept artists. They used the backstory which they came up with and gave to Lucas when they showed the designs, the artists usually come up with some tid bit about what or why a character is what it is and Lucas builds on it.

And yes, Durge did not die until AFTER Grievous showed up. If you read Labrynth of Evil, the novel that ties directly into ROTS, you'll find that he was even at Geonosis during the battle of the same name, he was in the catacombs and made his escape because they didn't want the jedi to know about him yet. They found several dead Jedi which they've discovered were killed at his hands. You also see his fighter depart Geonosis in the game Republic Commando.
Yep!! I am surprised that this book is not talked about more here, as it is a perfect prequel to episode 3, and with so much of the info being given to the author by Lucas himself, its as close to canon as we are going to get on matters like Sifo-Dyas and General Grievous' origin.

Old Post Apr 28th, 2005 05:11 PM
Click here to Send Darth Plagueis a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Plagueis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote