KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Canderous' encounter with Yuzzhan-Vong

Canderous' encounter with Yuzzhan-Vong
Started by: Darth Inanis

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Darth Inanis
Sith Lord

Canderous' encounter with Yuzzhan-Vong

In KOTOR1 after talking to Canderous Ordo a few times, he tells you of an asteroid-like thing, that shoots at his ships with molten rock-like projectlies. The asteroid ship thingy then flies away and they follow it to the edge of the galaxy, were the asteroid ship flies across the borders of known space. The description of the ship and the fact, that it flies over the borders of the galaxy reminds me of the Yuuzhan-Vong. Could it be that already 4000 years before the galactic Empire, there were already Yuuzhan-Vong scouts exploring the Galaxy as possible new home for the Yuzzhan-Vong?

Through Power I gain Victory,
Through Victory my chains are broken,
The Force shall free me.

Old Post Apr 30th, 2005 09:22 PM
Click here to Send Darth Inanis a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Inanis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Janus Marius
Plo Koon Rulez!

Curious. I was wondering that myself. But didn't he say the ship itself was living? Then again, I've heard the Vong have organic technology.

Old Post Apr 30th, 2005 09:26 PM
Click here to Send Janus Marius a Private Message Find more posts by Janus Marius Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Inanis
Sith Lord

Yes. Well at least in the books it says that the Yuuzhan-Vong use organic technologie. I think it would be very interesting, if that ship truly was from the Yuuzhan-Vong. In the books they are called coral-skippers and are also made from some kind of coral living thing. They also say that they really do look like asteroids.

The Force shall free me.

Old Post Apr 30th, 2005 09:30 PM
Click here to Send Darth Inanis a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Inanis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Janus Marius
Plo Koon Rulez!

That about ties up. And it would make sense. Revan saw something beyond the Outer Rim as a threat, whether it was the Vong or the true Sith, we have yet to find out.

Old Post Apr 30th, 2005 09:33 PM
Click here to Send Janus Marius a Private Message Find more posts by Janus Marius Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Inanis
Sith Lord

Was the threat that was mentioned in KOTOR2 beyond the outer rim or in the unknown regions? I think Kreia mentioned something, about the true sith at the end of KOTOR2 but I can't remember were she said they would be.

The Force shall free me.

Old Post Apr 30th, 2005 09:44 PM
Janus Marius
Plo Koon Rulez!

I think both were used interchangably because the Outer Rim was pretty much the fringe of the known universe.

Old Post Apr 30th, 2005 09:46 PM
Darth Inanis
Sith Lord

Yeah I think that's what Kreia said. But I think it's still weird to think that the Yuuzhan-Vong were already infiltrating the galaxy 4000 years before their actual invasion.

The Force shall free me.

Old Post Apr 30th, 2005 09:51 PM
Janus Marius
Plo Koon Rulez!

well, they might be more patient than humans. Do they have longer lifestyles?

Old Post Apr 30th, 2005 09:55 PM
Darth_Glentract
The Truest Sith Lord

I think it may have been Zonama Sekot. That is the living planet that actually turned out to be Yuzhan'tar. The actual Crech War was supposed to have been like 5000 years earlier.(The Crech War was the one that forced them to leave their own galaxy. Zonama Sekot was supposed to be the only planet that wasn't crushed by the tecnology of the eight cortex.) It wasnt a Vong Ship, but it was probably a Zonama Sekot Scout because Zonama Sekot was supposed to have been living outside the galaxy for several thousand years. The Vong also too over 4000 thousand years to get to known space.

Old Post May 1st, 2005 02:05 AM
Click here to Send Darth_Glentract a Private Message Find more posts by Darth_Glentract Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Janus Marius
Plo Koon Rulez!

Hm. You lost me.

Old Post May 1st, 2005 02:57 AM
Darth Inanis
Sith Lord

So you're saying the thing that canderous saw was a planet? I don't get it. And what do you mean with Zonama Sekot scout or eight vortex? You'll have to explain a little more before I get that.

The Force shall free me.

Old Post May 1st, 2005 06:58 AM
Darth Inanis
Sith Lord

How about someone explains that?

The Force shall free me.

Old Post May 5th, 2005 02:53 PM
mephistodesigns
Hate has made me powerful

It wasn't a friggin' planet. Obi-wan and Anakin went to Zenoma Sekot between I & II in the books, its huge. No, what Canderous ran into was just one of their fighters/scouts, which are ships that look like little asteroids and shoot molten rock (which sounds stupid, but it rips right through the Republic ships in the New Jedi Order books). They chased it, I'm sure it was scouting and wasn't supposed to be caught or discovered, and it fled across the galactic barrier as Canderous described. I thought that was a really cool bit to throw in there. I remember listening to it with the same room temp. interest I had in most of his other stories and then realising what he was saying. I busted up. That was really cool.

Old Post May 5th, 2005 06:01 PM
Click here to Send mephistodesigns a Private Message Find more posts by mephistodesigns Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wuk es't
Restricted

Account Restricted

yep

Old Post May 5th, 2005 07:21 PM
Click here to Send wuk es't a Private Message Find more posts by wuk es't Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Inanis
Sith Lord

Yeah I agree with that.

The Force shall free me.

Old Post May 6th, 2005 04:28 PM
mosh16137
Covenant Arbiter

i dont think it was sekot because in the books it says that the sekot ships where smooth and the vong were originally from sekot

i thought anikan tuned to the dark side on sekot so wouldnt it be in ROTS??

ps-zonoma is the mind sekot is the planet

"the Great Journey has begun!"-prophet of truth

Old Post May 17th, 2005 12:10 AM
Click here to Send mosh16137 a Private Message Find more posts by mosh16137 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth_Glentract
The Truest Sith Lord

What I ment was that ship was probably one of Sekot's scouts. I didn't mean it was an actual planet. There is a continuity problem though. Didn't sekot's ships not use plasma like the Yuuzhan Vong, but someother type of weapon.

Old Post May 17th, 2005 01:16 AM
Click here to Send Darth_Glentract a Private Message Find more posts by Darth_Glentract Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kelborn

So u think raven went to try to kill the yuzzhan-vong, do u think he lived, If so he should come back in the later kotor stuff, or maybe he got lost and died in space, but I dont think a Sith lord that Kicka** would die like that. What do u think?

Old Post May 17th, 2005 01:44 AM
Click here to Send Kelborn a Private Message Find more posts by Kelborn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth_Glentract
The Truest Sith Lord

no. Revan did go to fight the True Sith Empire. According to KOTOR, that ship was Yuuzhan Vong. According to the NJO, that ship has to be a Sekot scout, if it is truly either of the two. The Yuuzhan Vong won't arrive in the galaxy that star wars has taken place in for another 3906 years, give or take a decade.

Old Post May 17th, 2005 03:04 AM
YoshiSlayer

Well in the New Jedi order books they say the Yuzzahn Vong were scouting around looking for a galaxy so you never no

Old Post May 20th, 2005 12:52 AM
Click here to Send YoshiSlayer a Private Message Find more posts by YoshiSlayer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote