KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » "Unbalancing of the Force" Who's most responsible?

"Unbalancing of the Force" Who's most responsible?
Started by: Jack Daniels

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Jack Daniels
WOW!

Question "Unbalancing of the Force" Who's most responsible?

Who is most responsible for unbalancing the force?...What was it they did that was so "unbalancing"...?

I can't see straight will someone point me to the milkbar..?

Old Post May 9th, 2005 10:32 AM
Click here to Send Jack Daniels a Private Message Find more posts by Jack Daniels Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fishy

The Jedi for killing the Sith..

If one power is more powerful then the other then its unbalanced...

Thanks TWelling4Ever

Old Post May 9th, 2005 01:07 PM
Click here to Send Fishy a Private Message Find more posts by Fishy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jack Daniels
WOW!

Im pretty sure Lucas himself said that when Vader killed the Emperor that brought the balance back.....???? He turned back good well then died.....but thinking of it like balancing scales what you said would make sense.....????

I can't see straight will someone point me to the milkbar..?

Old Post May 9th, 2005 01:28 PM
Click here to Send Jack Daniels a Private Message Find more posts by Jack Daniels Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fishy

Well after the Jedi were gone there were two Jedi and Sith... Balance.

Then something happened and a Jedi died, unbalance in favour of the Sith. Then the last Jedi died Yoda. Sith win.

But Luke who i classify as neither light or dark (at that time at least) came around and made Vader and the Empire die.. 0 for all. Balance.

Thats how i see it at least, why the Jedi would want a chosen one during a time where they are with more then the Sith are and they are actually doing a pretty good job is beyond me. But Jedi have always been weird guys

Thanks TWelling4Ever

Old Post May 9th, 2005 01:51 PM
Click here to Send Fishy a Private Message Find more posts by Fishy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Janus Marius
Plo Koon Rulez!

The imbalance really seems to be Anakin. He goes bad and it has consequences far worse than there being like, a couple hundred Jedi and only two Sith, which had been the case for a thousand years. No, it's Anakin that is unnatural and the point of imbalance, not the Jedi or the Sith as a whole.

Old Post May 9th, 2005 03:03 PM
Click here to Send Janus Marius a Private Message Find more posts by Janus Marius Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Fishy
The Jedi for killing the Sith..

If one power is more powerful then the other then its unbalanced...

Untrue. GL said it was the Sith- nothing to do with Light Side being more powerful than Dark.

Sorry, Fishy, totally wrong. The Dark Side creates the imbalance, the Jedi restore it. Whilst there are Jedi and no Sith, the Galaxy is balanced- the Sith unbalance it.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Last edited by Ushgarak on May 9th, 2005 at 03:13 PM

Old Post May 9th, 2005 03:04 PM
Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Janus Marius
Plo Koon Rulez!

But there are always Sith, so the imbalance would have to have been constant. And since the Sith are really just another name for the active forces of darkness in the galaxy, this imbalance would always exist, thus the light side of the Force would be always clouded.

Old Post May 9th, 2005 03:10 PM
Click here to Send Janus Marius a Private Message Find more posts by Janus Marius Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Obviously the Sith have to make an effort to actually create the imbalance! That is what Sidious is doing.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post May 9th, 2005 03:12 PM
Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Janus Marius
Plo Koon Rulez!

So for a millenia the Sith just... sat on their hands, eh? Alright. Whatever.

Old Post May 9th, 2005 03:32 PM
Fishy

Originally posted by Ushgarak
Untrue. GL said it was the Sith- nothing to do with Light Side being more powerful than Dark.

Sorry, Fishy, totally wrong. The Dark Side creates the imbalance, the Jedi restore it. Whilst there are Jedi and no Sith, the Galaxy is balanced- the Sith unbalance it.

Don't pay to much attention to that... Makes no sense

Thanks TWelling4Ever

Old Post May 9th, 2005 04:27 PM
exanda kane

Again I will say it's Jar Jar.

Bravely Calling Actors By Their Second Names

Old Post May 9th, 2005 06:22 PM
Click here to Send exanda kane a Private Message Find more posts by exanda kane Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperor Revan
Most Powerful Sith Lord

So I guess in EU there have been many chosen ones. that's cool.

Thanks to Janus for the great Sig.

Old Post May 9th, 2005 09:59 PM
Click here to Send Emperor Revan a Private Message Find more posts by Emperor Revan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Janus Marius
Plo Koon Rulez!

Interesting prospect.

Old Post May 9th, 2005 11:28 PM
ArthasKnight
Dark Lord of the Sith

I actually agree with Ush for once. I believe that the Sith create the imbalance and that the Sith need to be destroyed to correct the imba;ance. Why else would a Chosen One have been made to destroy the Sith?

Old Post May 10th, 2005 12:03 AM
Click here to Send ArthasKnight a Private Message Find more posts by ArthasKnight Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Janus Marius
Plo Koon Rulez!

Because of poor plot twists in TPM?

Old Post May 10th, 2005 12:05 AM
ArthasKnight
Dark Lord of the Sith

Originally posted by exanda kane
Again I will say it's Jar Jar.

That is also a possibility.

Old Post May 10th, 2005 12:08 AM
Click here to Send ArthasKnight a Private Message Find more posts by ArthasKnight Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth_Nefarus
Redi Knight

I said this elsewhere, I think Sidious' power of using midichlorians is responsible for the unbalancing of the force. think about it, that would screw up the natural order of things

Old Post May 10th, 2005 01:27 AM
Click here to Send Darth_Nefarus a Private Message Find more posts by Darth_Nefarus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Janus Marius
Plo Koon Rulez!

True. But if science tweaking is enough to spawn a Chosen One, what abotu mass cloning?

Old Post May 10th, 2005 01:42 AM
ArthasKnight
Dark Lord of the Sith

But there are no midichlorians involved in mass cloning. They cloned a bounty hunter, not a Jedi. That wouldn't mess with the midichlorians so it wouldn't mess with the Force.

Old Post May 10th, 2005 02:19 AM
Darth_Nefarus
Redi Knight

Exactly. Sidious/Plagueis' power misuses midichlorians to extend ones own life and therefore would piss off the force quite a bit.

Old Post May 10th, 2005 02:26 AM
Click here to Send Darth_Nefarus a Private Message Find more posts by Darth_Nefarus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote