KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Saber Crystals

Saber Crystals
Started by: The Biker Scout

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
~ J ~
Restricted

Account Restricted

Saber Crystals

What is the significance of the saber crytal?
Why is Mace the only purple?

Old Post May 20th, 2005 07:32 AM
Click here to Send ~ J ~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~ J ~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Crusher
Restricted

Account Restricted

I wish I had all kinds of BLUE ones! smile

Old Post May 20th, 2005 07:34 AM
Click here to Send Crusher a Private Message Find more posts by Crusher Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Naredhel
General

... because he wanted one. There is no significance. In fact, if you want to go EU, Siri Tachi, one of Obi Wan's female jedi friends had a purple saber I think. That's what I saw in the databank anyway!

Old Post May 20th, 2005 09:03 AM
Click here to Send Naredhel a Private Message Find more posts by Naredhel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Slay
Skyhighatrist

And in a lot of pics,comics and stuff Mara Jade had one too.

Old Post May 20th, 2005 06:24 PM
Click here to Send Slay a Private Message Find more posts by Slay Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Corranhorn
Best Jedi You'll Find

it just depends on the crystal.if the user chooses a certain one the blade is the colour associated with that crystal.

Old Post May 20th, 2005 07:04 PM
Click here to Send Corranhorn a Private Message Find more posts by Corranhorn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth_Glentract
The Truest Sith Lord

Anakin Solo had a purple also on the one he built just before he died.

There is the KOTOR definition, but I don't feel like going into that fight now. Someone else can.

Old Post May 20th, 2005 09:07 PM
Click here to Send Darth_Glentract a Private Message Find more posts by Darth_Glentract Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Naga Sadow

sure, why not.

According to Kotor, the colors are following.

Blue = Guardian(kinda like jedi warrior)
Green = Consular(focuses more on the force and less on combat)
Yellow = Sentinel(mix between previous 2)

there are no defenitions for purple or silver and those spcial colors.
But i guess the jedi just chooses the color he likes best...

Old Post May 20th, 2005 09:38 PM
Click here to Send Naga Sadow a Private Message Find more posts by Naga Sadow Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jack Daniels
WOW!

I read they had to go through a bit of hell to get a crystal...could it be the force determined what crystal you..they find.......I think when Mace found the amethyst crystals he said GOLD MINE and horded on em...lol

I can't see straight will someone point me to the milkbar..?

Old Post May 21st, 2005 12:04 PM
Click here to Send Jack Daniels a Private Message Find more posts by Jack Daniels Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Draykid

In KoTOR as soon as I got another colour lightsabre, I started using it. XD

Old Post May 21st, 2005 05:34 PM
Click here to Send Draykid a Private Message Find more posts by Draykid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Koroni
Grey Sith

In Mace Windu's case I think it was to show of that he was in power, as in the movies there is none other with a purple lightsaber. Seems that lightsaber crystals can be made from a lot of materials, from crystals to Krayt Dragon Pearls.

Old Post May 25th, 2005 03:52 AM
Click here to Send Darth Koroni a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Koroni Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Psycho Ninja
Holy Vigilante

I forgot where I rreaded this shit...
But it said that somehow the red crystals are slightly more powerful than the other crystals........
So it can sometimes disrupt the light of the opponents lightsaber, thus disabling it...

I dont know if this is true but I heard it somewhere.....

PSYCHO !!

Old Post May 25th, 2005 07:11 AM
Click here to Send Psycho Ninja a Private Message Find more posts by Psycho Ninja Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Zhin
Serving the Crown

I read somewere the the red crystals are artificial and are specialy created by the Sith for their lightsabers.

They use the force on the crystals or something to make them red.

But this may be fake, I donīt really know.

"That night, when I entered my room, I had the surprise of receiving only one gunshot" - G.Montenegro on surprises

Last edited by Darth Zhin on May 25th, 2005 at 08:43 AM

Old Post May 25th, 2005 08:34 AM
Click here to Send Darth Zhin a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Zhin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stalker 360
Henshi a-go-go, baby!

didnt mace windu only get a purple crystal because he said he wouldnt work on the film without a differnet color lightsaber than every one else i may be wrong but thats what i heard and i dont think there is any meaning to what color lightsaber u have i mean luke and obi wan both change there lightsabers so dose this mean that they change there style aswell

Current Pokemon:5

Old Post May 26th, 2005 01:39 PM
Click here to Send Stalker 360 a Private Message Find more posts by Stalker 360 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RocasAtoll

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Darth Zhin
I read somewere the the red crystals are artificial and are specialy created by the Sith for their lightsabers.

They use the force on the crystals or something to make them red.

But this may be fake, I donīt really know.

They use synthetic crystals that they specifically tailor to be red. And they don't go through other lightsabers or everyone would have a red one.

Old Post May 26th, 2005 02:53 PM
Click here to Send RocasAtoll a Private Message Find more posts by RocasAtoll Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jedi_Delta

aint in one of the older starwars taht when im not sure but luke or somebody else was battling with light sabers and didnt one of the lightsabers kept getting shorter and dimmer not 100% sure though.

but i know they were fighting darth vader so if it was lukes or obi wons lightsaber that went dim it would show that the red one was stronger i think.

Old Post May 26th, 2005 09:19 PM
Click here to Send Jedi_Delta a Private Message Find more posts by Jedi_Delta Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Zhin
Serving the Crown

quote: (post)
Originally posted by HimoKun
They use synthetic crystals that they specifically tailor to be red. And they don't go through other lightsabers or everyone would have a red one.

Thanks for clearing that out.

"That night, when I entered my room, I had the surprise of receiving only one gunshot" - G.Montenegro on surprises

Old Post May 27th, 2005 02:21 AM
Click here to Send Darth Zhin a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Zhin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth_Glentract
The Truest Sith Lord

I think there are two reasons that Mace had a purple lightsaber. One is he would stand out more. And the other is Vapaad. It brongsd him clse to the darkside, red, and he uses it like a Guardian, blue. They mix and make purple.

Old Post May 27th, 2005 04:49 PM
Click here to Send Darth_Glentract a Private Message Find more posts by Darth_Glentract Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote