KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » any people want to help with my star wars stories

any people want to help with my star wars stories
Started by: darth-yoda

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Stalker 360
Henshi a-go-go, baby!

any people want to help with my star wars stories

hi well the thing is for now i have always wanted to write a star wars story and now i am im just on the character bios but its a start and i am gettin really stuck all i have is the basic plot which is that ben skywalker has set up a jedi acadamy on korriban to train jedi to resist the drak side and one jedi master a decendant of yoda also called yoda has fallen to the darkside and 3 jedi knights and a jedi master have went to find him. the characters i have so far are rootantagg a jedi wookie candoff skywalker son of ben skywalker and Flo-Han-Ko Janfan a jedi master and best freind of yoda the second so tell me your ideas, what you think off my plot and if you wanna read my story just send me a eamil at [email protected]

Old Post May 23rd, 2005 02:13 PM
Click here to Send Stalker 360 a Private Message Find more posts by Stalker 360 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fishy

Personally the plot is basic but it could work, you just need some good writing skills though.

You need more characters and I wouldn't use a descended of Yoda. There is nothing even remotely close to making us believe Yoda ever had a Girlfriend to get a child with. And he probably doesn't poop them out either. Besides Yoda discourages things like that and would never allow it. What you need is something else then Yoda.

Wookie Jedi? Don't like the idea, and your names could use some originality. Also I don't really like the time period but thats just choice.

I would change Yoda entirely, make somebody more special go to the Dark Side. Make it a fight between two lovers or something, two people loving each other fighting for control, divided by a different opinion. More emotion in it like that, allows for more plot twists and more subtle things in the story.

Another piece of advice but this is more for the story...

Figure out what you want from the start, it will make writing a lot easier. Writing an ending is also a good idea, just because you know how it will end and you will know what kind of things people will go threw, well sort off. Create more characters then you need and put them in at times, its very annoying to have to think of characters with importance in the middle of a story. Not to mention that it will actually allow you to be able to use them earlier on, or at least mention them. Preventing the entire appearing out of no where bit.

Think of every thing special you want in the story and think out what it is, you can improvise a lot while writing and make up a lot of things as you go, but knowing a few things will greatly help. Besides if you know you want somebody to die, or you want a sex scene or you want a speeder race you will be able to make the story up to move towards something like that instead of just having it move around and then suddenly it happens. Maybe it won't look better in writing but i'm sure you can actually make the story better for you, which is the most important part of writing.

Also try safe reading every few pages seeing if you don't like something want to change something. Its a lot harder to do when you have an entire book in front of you trust me I know and I keep on making the same mistake

Thanks TWelling4Ever

Old Post May 23rd, 2005 02:32 PM
Click here to Send Fishy a Private Message Find more posts by Fishy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stalker 360
Henshi a-go-go, baby!

thx there really helpfull. do u write. any ideas for the jedi master turing to the darkside

Current Pokemon:5

Old Post May 23rd, 2005 02:54 PM
Click here to Send Stalker 360 a Private Message Find more posts by Stalker 360 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fishy

Yeah I write, at least when I feel like it... If things go well you might be reading it soon stick out tongue

Any idea's? Betrayal always seems to work. Also don't make the person evil just give him other ideals, at least not evil at first. The Dark Side can consume and fast but one page isn't enough.. Make the decision to go Dark Logical for him, not just He was walking in the forest and saw a bird, the bird took a shit on him, angry he shot lightning at the bird and killed it. He turned to the Dark Side.

Thanks TWelling4Ever

Old Post May 23rd, 2005 03:33 PM
Click here to Send Fishy a Private Message Find more posts by Fishy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stalker 360
Henshi a-go-go, baby!

thanx what do you mean if things go well

Old Post May 23rd, 2005 03:47 PM
Fishy

I was at a party saturday met a publisher there, we ended up talking about what I wrote, he asked me if I could send him some of my work when i perfect what I have now. He knows its far from finished, but well he wanted to see anyway smile I've already send him the ending he said he liked it, prodictable but he liked it, so if i'm really lucky smile

Thanks TWelling4Ever

Old Post May 23rd, 2005 04:05 PM
obi-one killer
Try-Mega

for one thing I'm not trying to be nosey but what do you mean a wookie isn't a good idea if any of you read the books that are actually written and in stores you'd see that there are a few wookie Jedi in the new Jedi order series. for one thing you need the store to go alone with the other books. and not something that you just make up. like where they came from and all you need detail.

Old Post May 23rd, 2005 04:37 PM
Click here to Send obi-one killer a Private Message Find more posts by obi-one killer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fishy

I just can't imagine a wookie Jedi... Yeah they may be in books, but my personal opinion is that they suck

Thanks TWelling4Ever

Old Post May 23rd, 2005 04:51 PM
Stalker 360
Henshi a-go-go, baby!

thers one called lowbacca he was the nephew of chewbacca

Old Post May 23rd, 2005 09:27 PM
obi-one killer
Try-Mega

yeah and i mean whats wrong with it what would be better there strong and well there @#$% wookies that would be asome.

Old Post May 23rd, 2005 10:41 PM
Click here to Send obi-one killer a Private Message Find more posts by obi-one killer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stalker 360
Henshi a-go-go, baby!

but then theres how to write what thr wokkie says thing like Rotantagg let out a moan as the wind brused his matted fur across his face.
"Yes we should find shellter even a jedi cant stand out in this weather" said flo-han-ko jafan

Old Post May 24th, 2005 07:28 AM
obi-one killer
Try-Mega

well take notes of of the new Jedi order books and see what Lowbacca and were did you come up with those names just because its a different species doesn't mean they have to sound like retards. i mean no offence just whats up with that wookies names go by family for example chewbacca-Lowbacca there family they both end i bacca i don't know if I'm spelling it right but you got the picture.(I HOPE) Thats how they name there young so try to make there names a little shorter to but thats just my opinion.

Old Post May 24th, 2005 03:09 PM
starwarsfreak34
Grand Admiral

Finally! i've been looking for some1 who likes SW enough to write stories--though i'm guessing there may be lots around. i had a go a while back with a mate of mine, but he don't care too much 4 the books and that sucked coz he didn't know much about the continuty. it was a trilogy based on our own character who was sent (like thrawn) to monitor things in the UR and he eventually created an empire, blah blash blah. believe me it was much better when it was on the table.

then he started leaving me to do all the writing, so i got pissed and told him to stuff it. i kept all the original work coz i thought it may help me in the future.

so yeah, i wouldn't mind helping out. my requirements, though:

have u at least read SOME of the EU novels, preferably the NJO series?

second, are u serious about ur writing?

thirdly, do u have many comittments that u need to keep at?

lastly, (not quite a req.) u do realise that GL/Del Rey and Co. don't accept work from ANY unaccomplised authors? if so i would also recommend working on another, completely unrelated to SW book, to gain status, as well as working on the SW book.

this way, the two may help promote new ideas that u can then decide where u like them best: in SW or in Original Writing.

N.B~ obi-wan killer, i agree. lowbacca was awesome, and i believe that he may yet have a role in the new series LEgacy of the Force

Old Post May 24th, 2005 03:10 PM
Click here to Send starwarsfreak34 a Private Message Find more posts by starwarsfreak34 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
starwarsfreak34
Grand Admiral

ur spelling it right

Old Post May 24th, 2005 03:11 PM
Click here to Send starwarsfreak34 a Private Message Find more posts by starwarsfreak34 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
starwarsfreak34
Grand Admiral

note to darth-yoda: just read ur bio and u sound like the kinda persno i could work well with. if u decide ues then PM me.

Old Post May 24th, 2005 03:13 PM
starwarsfreak34
Grand Admiral

oh, an i think i'll check out urr story too. expect an e-mail soon

Old Post May 24th, 2005 03:14 PM
obi-one killer
Try-Mega

by the way starwarsfreak34 when does the new book come out I've been a little busy and haven't had time to look

Old Post May 24th, 2005 03:14 PM
obi-one killer
Try-Mega

and i mite of sounded like a jerk but I was just trying to put in my opinion. if you do wright id would like to read your story it actually sounds good just read all the characters history because i know people will take that into account.

Old Post May 24th, 2005 03:19 PM
Stalker 360
Henshi a-go-go, baby!

thanks guys and i taken every thing u have said into account ill start getting down to the seriouse writing stuff in about a week go a lot of things goin on like girls and stuff ok and again thx guys

Old Post May 24th, 2005 09:30 PM
darth_royke

when writing fiction, think of how the story will end, what may lead up to the end, and how the end will happen. then you can think about how plot twist can fit in, and if the ending is possible.
with something like star wars, you cant afford to write a story and put in what you want because it sounds 'cool'. you have to put things into perspective, and try writing for other people. its all well and good writing for yourself, but if no-one else likes it then why continue?
it'll be good to strat a fan fiction thread if there isnt already one. perhaps leaving any main characters out, but short stories showing little insights and theories in the star wars universe

Old Post May 24th, 2005 10:45 PM
Click here to Send darth_royke a Private Message Find more posts by darth_royke Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote