KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » TV series casting buzz.

TV series casting buzz.
Started by: Ast Rofan

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
@stroFan
SMUDGE

TV series casting buzz.

http://filmforce.ign.com/starwars/a...8/618348p1.html

I am not familiar with this guy, he apparently lost out on playing Anakin.

Here is the article.....

May 23, 2005 - Australia's Sunday News Herald and Moviehole report that George Lucas is shopping in the Land Down Under for talent to cast in his upcoming Star Wars television series.

One name that's come up is Matthew Newton, a 28-year-old actor who appeared in Queen of the Damned and had a recurring role as Ka Jothee in the sci-fi TV series Farscape. George Lucas, who will be closely involved with the new Star Wars spin-off, has allegedly done an "availability check" on the young thespian to see if he's available for a 100-episode run.

Lucas's own relationship with Newton goes back to Attack of the Clones, when he visited Skywalker Ranch and auditioned for the part of Anakin Skywalker. He lost out to Hayden Christensen, of course, but that doesn't mean Lucas wasn't impressed; in fact, he may have been the director's second choice.

Also, given Lucas's production facilities in Australia and his penchant for populating the Star Wars universe with Brits and Aussies, Matthew Newton is definitely a name to watch. We'll be carrying regular updates on the Star Wars TV show, so stay tuned!

Made by da Piggle diggle Humsy.

Old Post May 24th, 2005 07:29 AM
Click here to Send @stroFan a Private Message Find more posts by @stroFan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Slay
Skyhighatrist

It still needs Nat...hottttt

Attachment: natalieportman4.jpg
This has been downloaded 152 time(s).

Old Post May 24th, 2005 01:23 PM
Click here to Send Slay a Private Message Find more posts by Slay Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
starwarsfreak34
Grand Admiral

since u brought this up, i heard whispers that Jonny Depp had been asked to sign up, as was jude law. i was kinda picturing Depp as Exar Kun, which would be reall great coz that means the series will be set in the KOTOR time-frame

Old Post May 24th, 2005 03:18 PM
Click here to Send starwarsfreak34 a Private Message Find more posts by starwarsfreak34 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Asajj's Finger
sith wannabe

I thought the shows were to take place in between Sith and ANH? I don't know enough about EU to know when the KOTOR time-frame is. (?)

I heard a rumor that Kevin Smith (creator of Clerks, Chasing Amy, Mall Rats, etc.) is going to be writing/driecting some of the shows. *Please* tell me this doesn’t mean Ben Affleck is going to play Han Solo.

Old Post May 24th, 2005 06:49 PM
Click here to Send Asajj's Finger a Private Message Find more posts by Asajj's Finger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darth_royke

i cant see any big name actors in the series, and i dont particulary want to. perhaps old actors who perhaps still have it in them? mark hamill anyone? based after new hope, about 30 years... oh look, lukes actor looks like mark hamill mite have 30 years ago.... strange that innitwink

Old Post May 24th, 2005 07:05 PM
Click here to Send darth_royke a Private Message Find more posts by darth_royke Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ShotgunWes
Restricted

Account Restricted

I'm almost positive the show is between Sith and ANH, so you can probably forget about Hamil being on the show. I really wish it was after RotJ. All new characters. All new stories.

P.S. Otaku Sith- Is that pic real? My god Ms. Portman is so hot!

If you don't like me... **** You

Old Post May 24th, 2005 07:38 PM
Click here to Send ShotgunWes a Private Message Find more posts by ShotgunWes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ShotgunWes
Restricted

Account Restricted

http://filmforce.ign.com/starwars/a...8/608154p1.html

This article confirms that it is set between Eps III and IV. The show is about the early rebellion. Sounds kind of lame to me, but I'm willing to give it a try.

Old Post May 24th, 2005 07:41 PM
Click here to Send ShotgunWes a Private Message Find more posts by ShotgunWes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Rover

Nothing on TOS about it being between RotS & the OT, so it's still all speculation....

Old Post May 24th, 2005 08:33 PM
Click here to Send The Rover a Private Message Find more posts by The Rover Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darth_royke

well if its between rots and nh, then i dont particulary want to know. i dont think its a good idea, particulary as if it does turn out to be rather good, theres a limit as to how far they can go with it. setting it after gives no end as to where they must stop, and nowhere near so many boundaries as setting it between episodes 3 and 4.

Old Post May 24th, 2005 09:01 PM
Click here to Send darth_royke a Private Message Find more posts by darth_royke Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TRSundown
Loke Groundrunner Rocks!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by ShotgunWes
I'm almost positive the show is between Sith and ANH, so you can probably forget about Hamil being on the show. I really wish it was after RotJ. All new characters. All new stories.

P.S. Otaku Sith- Is that pic real? My god Ms. Portman is so hot!

Ahhh be carefull... Mark Hamil obviously could not play Luke but he could Kamio as some other person... In the new Battlestar Galactica TV series the actor who played Apollo in the old series is a presidential candidate in the new series. So Hamil could show up.

I personally hoped it would be a series based on the X-Wing series of books... or the New Jedi Academy/Order.

Two Galaxies... One Battlefield.

Old Post May 24th, 2005 10:48 PM
Click here to Send TRSundown a Private Message Find more posts by TRSundown Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Rover

Mark Hammil has said that he is "interested" in the opportunity, if one came up.
However, I think, if he was to be in the show at all, he would have to be Luke Skywalker. He could not be anybody else in my mind.

Old Post May 25th, 2005 01:46 AM
Click here to Send The Rover a Private Message Find more posts by The Rover Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ShotgunWes
Restricted

Account Restricted

Agreed DCLXVI.

Old Post May 26th, 2005 11:08 AM
starwarsfreak34
Grand Admiral

a series in the NJO would be awesome, but i would prefer them to be films in order to get the most out of them... at least 3 hour long films at that smile

Old Post May 26th, 2005 01:06 PM
Click here to Send starwarsfreak34 a Private Message Find more posts by starwarsfreak34 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TRSundown
Loke Groundrunner Rocks!

Originally posted by starwarsfreak34
a series in the NJO would be awesome, but i would prefer them to be films in order to get the most out of them... at least 3 hour long films at that smile

Well think about it this way... it costs MILLIONS of dollars to make a three hour film... Especially with lots of special effects. And it only lasts three hours...

For the same amount of money... or maybe less you can have a 24 episode series... 44 minutes per episode (without commercials) x 24 = 17.6 hours of entertainment vs. a three hour movie.

Just a thought.

Two Galaxies... One Battlefield.

Old Post May 26th, 2005 06:37 PM
Click here to Send TRSundown a Private Message Find more posts by TRSundown Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Clone-pilot

Originally posted by starwarsfreak34
since u brought this up, i heard whispers that Jonny Depp had been asked to sign up, as was jude law. i was kinda picturing Depp as Exar Kun, which would be reall great coz that means the series will be set in the KOTOR time-frame

Oh god I bloody hope not....

Johnny Depp sick

Jude Law sick sick

Old Post May 27th, 2005 11:59 AM
Click here to Send Clone-pilot a Private Message Find more posts by Clone-pilot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
terd40
CCC Agent

i think the kotor or the original war between sith and jedi would be the best foundation for a great tv series. i dont know about you guys but i wouldnt be able to watch anything starwars without the jedi involved and it would be pretty hard to involve jedi in a series set in a time when they are dying off.

Old Post May 27th, 2005 09:37 PM
Click here to Send terd40 a Private Message Find more posts by terd40 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote