KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Empire or Senate?

Empire or Senate?
Started by: Sith Follower

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Sith Follower
Dark Side Disciple

Empire or Senate?

The Senate was corrupt, founded on great ideals, but now reduced to filth and political motivation over the will of the people.

The Empire was a brutal dictatorship. Smugglers and criminals were rampant, but there was order, brutally forced order, but order nonetheless.

Which one?

Old Post May 31st, 2005 07:47 AM
Click here to Send Sith Follower a Private Message Find more posts by Sith Follower Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Soren the Mage
Restricted

Account Restricted

Empire for life, my friend. The Senates history is filled with pompous assholes who fill their daily dish with their self-proclaimed Politician status and their self-blindness to crappy and misdemeaned ideals that got them nowhere. The Empire uses pure strain brutality to get things done - and it works!

An Ancient Prophecy . . . The deity shall walk forth . . .

Old Post May 31st, 2005 08:17 AM
Click here to Send Soren the Mage a Private Message Find more posts by Soren the Mage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jerico
Generic Badguy

I think your overstating the so called brutality of the Empire, without the actions of the deranged leadership of the Empire the bulk of it is far better for the general populace than the Senate ever was, sure the fear plays a part, but the entire galaxy woulden't have happily turned over to Imperial authority like it did if the Empire wasn't doing something right

Old Post May 31st, 2005 09:17 AM
Click here to Send Jerico a Private Message Find more posts by Jerico Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
starwarsfreak34
Grand Admiral

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Jerico
I think your overstating the so called brutality of the Empire, without the actions of the deranged leadership of the Empire the bulk of it is far better for the general populace than the Senate ever was, sure the fear plays a part, but the entire galaxy woulden't have happily turned over to Imperial authority like it did if the Empire wasn't doing something right

but the whole galaxy DIDN'T 'happily turn over to the Imperials... there was a Rebellion. the Empire supressed alien species, deeming the humans to be the superior race. they were slavers! i bet you don't see the wookies roaring in glee. what we hear in RotS is applause for the fact that the Senate believed that things would be better than the republic but its wasn't, which is why the senate was disbanded in Episode IV because Senators were finally speaking out against the atrocities of the Empire.

Old Post May 31st, 2005 09:59 AM
Click here to Send starwarsfreak34 a Private Message Find more posts by starwarsfreak34 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
starwarsfreak34
Grand Admiral

in answer to the original question i prefer neither. the Senate was full of greedy squabbling democrats, but really its only because palpatine gave them things to quarrel over. i don't like they Empire as a government but i love most of its officers, like Thrawn and Pellaeon. Pellaeon possibly more so because he was good and strong leader duriing the final days of the Imperial Remnant. he done right by his people and joined the newly established Galactic Alliance

Old Post May 31st, 2005 10:01 AM
Click here to Send starwarsfreak34 a Private Message Find more posts by starwarsfreak34 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fishy

The senate is like what most country's have now, something that doesn't work...

The Empire is what others country's have something that works perfectly that does what it should and works but that nobody likes because the leaders don't ask the people about what they think, they don't take other opinions. Creating a fast efficient prospering but usually stagnant government...

Neither system works, not one of them is better then the other. What would I like more? Neither, and both of them. I really don't care we will always have something to ***** about

Thanks TWelling4Ever

Old Post May 31st, 2005 04:01 PM
Click here to Send Fishy a Private Message Find more posts by Fishy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote