KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Jedi and Sith - Bad and Good.

Jedi and Sith - Bad and Good.
Started by: LordSorgo

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Soren the Mage
Restricted

Account Restricted

Jedi and Sith - Bad and Good.

Jedi:

Jedis are willing to use their force for defense and goodness for others and they seem to take the self-proclaimed role as the Good guy Police Team of Star Wars, but they're sheer ability to use the force and their knowledge for defense has been their downfall. They don't expose the full potential of the force because they think it's dangerous, and that is why so many Jedi turn Dark because the Jedi think "Hey, the Jedi don't have everything to meet my requirments, so i'll go to darkside to complete the circle". The Jedi hide too many things from their students - including essential force power and knowledge and that's the Jedi Weakness. But their ability to stay pure and serene is what their power is built on.

The Jedi are self-proclaimed Philosophers that need to reflect on their own flaws before playing the Peacekeeper role in the Galaxy.

Sith:

The Sith use their power to exercise their students to become increasingly offensive and aggresive. They train their brotheren to bend the force to satisfy their needs. Their major flaw would be the fact that they guide their students far too fast to become powerful. If you don't know what i am speaking of, heres and example. There is alot of Dark Lords who should still be apprentices. They don't train hard enough because their Egotism has chewed and eaten at them for far too long. And they too are also missing an essential part in the force, being the defensive knowledge and force that isn't trained apon their students.

The Sith are Selfish and mouthy thugs that need to balance their skills and train longer.

An Ancient Prophecy . . . The deity shall walk forth . . .

Old Post May 31st, 2005 08:27 AM
Click here to Send Soren the Mage a Private Message Find more posts by Soren the Mage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
starwarsfreak34
Grand Admiral

i agree strongly on both matters. that is why i am comfortable with the revelation that the dark side of the Force does not exist... there is only the dark side of a person's heart. personally i prefer the New Jedi Order to the sith or Jedi because i now see them as moving away from light and dark and into the grey area, finally giving themselves wholly over to the Force as Jacen did at the end of the Unifying Force

Old Post May 31st, 2005 11:12 AM
Click here to Send starwarsfreak34 a Private Message Find more posts by starwarsfreak34 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Soren the Mage
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by starwarsfreak34
i agree strongly on both matters. that is why i am comfortable with the revelation that the dark side of the Force does not exist... there is only the dark side of a person's heart. personally i prefer the New Jedi Order to the sith or Jedi because i now see them as moving away from light and dark and into the grey area, finally giving themselves wholly over to the Force as Jacen did at the end of the Unifying Force

Exactly! The Dark side = Bad Jedi and The Sith = Copycats.

If you don't understand the copycat part, i will explain.

The True Sith Species died out long ago. The new Sith are just wannabes, to be blunt.

Maybe if the freakin' Jedi and Sith learned to unify their powers and their differences together, they could complete the circle and create a new line of warriors and Jedi so powerful, that they could dominate ANYTHING.

Old Post May 31st, 2005 12:47 PM
Click here to Send Soren the Mage a Private Message Find more posts by Soren the Mage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Grey area... total nonsense.

The Jedi ARE the good guys, there is no beter way than theirs. This is rather the point.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post May 31st, 2005 03:16 PM
Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Soren the Mage
Restricted

Account Restricted

The hell they are! Maybe if they weren't too busy arguing politics with each other and trying to act like the master philosophers of the galaxy they would get stuff done.

The Jedi are extremely foolish and i wont explain it again.

So are the Dark side.

They both have knowledge that each side is missing.

Example: The Jedi are the white side of the ying yang and the Sith are the black, you put them together and you have a completed ying yang.... And who said it's grey? You think they are gonna run around the galaxy being called the "Grey ones" or something? C'mon!

Old Post Jun 1st, 2005 12:33 AM
starwarsfreak34
Grand Admiral

Originally posted by Ushgarak
Grey area... total nonsense.

The Jedi ARE the good guys, there is no beter way than theirs. This is rather the point.

no one said the Jedi weren't good. of course they are. good is what they stand for. what we're discussing in the method by which they use the force and also how they go about things--like not condoning relationships with family or lovers, which in anakins case was both his making of a Jedi and his downfall. see?

Old Post Jun 1st, 2005 01:30 PM
Click here to Send starwarsfreak34 a Private Message Find more posts by starwarsfreak34 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Originally posted by LordSorgo
The hell they are! Maybe if they weren't too busy arguing politics with each other and trying to act like the master philosophers of the galaxy they would get stuff done.

The Jedi are extremely foolish and i wont explain it again.

So are the Dark side.

They both have knowledge that each side is missing.

Example: The Jedi are the white side of the ying yang and the Sith are the black, you put them together and you have a completed ying yang.... And who said it's grey? You think they are gonna run around the galaxy being called the "Grey ones" or something? C'mon!

They aren't foolish at all. This indicates a total misunderstanding of what goes on in the films.

GL has made it very clear that the Jedi are good guys. There is no way in which the Sith are simply an alternative pieve of knowledge for them- the Sith are jusat black hat evildoers. As simple as that.

And what is all this playing p[oliutics bullshit? The Jedi are a police force, they beling inside any politrical system, but when were they ever acting like Senators in the films?

This is all so much nonsense. The Jedi were doing the absolute best they could in a crumbling Republic.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

BtVS

Old Post Jun 1st, 2005 02:04 PM
Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Soren the Mage
Restricted

Account Restricted

They aren't foolish at all. This indicates a total misunderstanding of what goes on in the films.

GL has made it very clear that the Jedi are good guys. There is no way in which the Sith are simply an alternative pieve of knowledge for them- the Sith are jusat black hat evildoers. As simple as that.

And what is all this playing p[oliutics bullshit? The Jedi are a police force, they beling inside any politrical system, but when were they ever acting like Senators in the films?

This is all so much nonsense. The Jedi were doing the absolute best they could in a crumbling Republic.

If the Jedi and Sith united, they would be invincible. It doesn't matter whether the Jedi are good and the Sith are bad, the point is that if they stopped fighting and worked out their differences, they could join together and create some super jedi. This Jedi could use both Jedi/Sith powers and have any saber color too! And then they could start dominating the galaxy. Then the movies would be about everyone doing their best to try to help or stop these ultimate jedi! hehehe! And trust me when i say that it isn't simple to say that the sith are downright dirty. Any jedi can turn bad, which anakin prooves, and any dark jedi can turn good, which darth vader prooves, so it can't be that simple, can it?

Old Post Jun 1st, 2005 02:10 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Bullshit. The Dark side is evil and self-destructive- as said by George Lucaa himself. Hence you are totally wrong.

Only the Light Side lives in balance and symbiosis- as also said by GL.

BtVS

Old Post Jun 1st, 2005 02:11 PM
Soren the Mage
Restricted

Account Restricted

Bullshit. The Dark side is evil and self-destructive- as said by George Lucaa himself. Hence you are totally wrong.

Only the Light Side lives in balance and symbiosis- as also said by GL.

For some reason, the force is telling me not to give a shit. The Light side has done so much damage, is isn't even funny.

The Dark side is far more efficient to get shit done.

Old Post Jun 1st, 2005 02:31 PM
starwarsfreak34
Grand Admiral

rubbish! it the jedi and the sith were to join then the jedi would NEVER try to dominate the galaxy--which is what the main difference is between them. i agree about accepting the use of both sides of the Force's spectrum, though. that is basically what the NJO is getting at, especially in traitor and the unifying force. (unifying meaning everything together including force powers) the only 'DARK SIDE' is what is in each persons heart.
as the saying goes, "everyone has the power to do great good, or terrible evil"

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2005 09:40 AM
starwarsfreak34
Grand Admiral

Originally posted by LordSorgo
For some reason, the force is telling me not to give a shit. The Light side has done so much damage, is isn't even funny.

The Dark side is far more efficient to get shit done.

its thanks to the 'dark side' that the republic crumbled. palpatine just wanted tto control all the time. he didn't give a shit about any1 else... even Vader was dispensible to him. the republic could have survived if not for palpatine... and what did the empire do? they became slavers! you can't tell me that that was in the best interest of the galaxy, surely?

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2005 09:42 AM
Sith Follower
Dark Side Disciple

SWFreak, I agree completely. People blame the Jedi for being too dogmatic and busy with their rules to truly care or do anything for the Republic or the people. What bullshit. The Jedi didn't take over the Republic and promote human domination. Palpatine's ruthless ambition doomed the Republic. Not the Jedi.

Quite frankly, I don't care. I admire Palpatine's reuthlessness and power. However, to blame the fall of the Old Republic on anyone besides him is an insult to his memory.

Jedi and Sith should rule the galaxy. Away with this bureaucracy! Wasn't that what initially damned the New Republic when the Vong came? If only the Jedi had left their stupid master in the dust, assumed control and become a 100 Darth Vaders, then there could've been order. Brutal order, but it would come as the salvation of the billions who died in that war.

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2005 07:33 PM
Click here to Send Sith Follower a Private Message Find more posts by Sith Follower Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Soren the Mage
Restricted

Account Restricted

The Jedi sat around with their dicks in their hands the whole time. Maybe if they granted Anakin the rank he deserved, they wouldn't have had Vader to run around and kill a few grand of people. Anakin has his opinion, and the Jedi decide that he is too dangerous to gain a rank. Dumbshits!

The reason Anakin didn't get a rank is because he was sick of the Politics that the Jedi were throwing at everyone. They needed to get off their ass and they didn't, but when they decided to, it was already too late. *******.

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2005 08:55 PM
DarthMandalore
Mandalorian Sith Lord

The jedi are peace loving idiots. they can't kill their prisioners because "no one deserves death". if they would have kiled palpatine rather than saying:" mister sith lord sir? your under arrest, would you please give yourself up peacefully?" they should have rushed in there and said:" DIE, DUMBASS!!!" and then there wouldn't have been an empire or anything!

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2005 09:46 PM
Click here to Send DarthMandalore a Private Message Find more posts by DarthMandalore Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Soren the Mage
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by DarthMandalore
The jedi are peace loving idiots. they can't kill their prisioners because "no one deserves death". if they would have kiled palpatine rather than saying:" mister sith lord sir? your under arrest, would you please give yourself up peacefully?" they should have rushed in there and said:" DIE, DUMBASS!!!" and then there wouldn't have been an empire or anything!

I agree 100%.

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2005 10:12 PM
DarthMandalore
Mandalorian Sith Lord

the way i worded that it makes me laugh.

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2005 10:18 PM
Click here to Send DarthMandalore a Private Message Find more posts by DarthMandalore Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Soren the Mage
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by DarthMandalore
the way i worded that it makes me laugh.

That doesn't change how correct you are. If the Jedi just ****in threw all of their sabers at Sidious instead of kissing his shribbled ass, then there would be no problem at all.

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2005 11:03 PM
DarthMandalore
Mandalorian Sith Lord

True, Lord Sorgo, very true.

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2005 11:27 PM
starwarsfreak34
Grand Admiral

yes but in the novel palpatine wanted to make it look like the jedi were the bad guys by recording events leading up to the fight and making it seem like he was an innocent bystander. he then plays this sound recording to the sentate. if they had charge in with sabres blazing there would be every reason for the senate to support him, there would be no rebels coz no1 would believe that the jedi were trying to save the republic. plus there would be no story coz there would be no life changing decision for anakin to make.
also the jedi may have given anakin the rank had they decided that palpatine wasn't using him as a pawn. palpatine new this and it helped him to assure anakin that the jedi were against him. the jedi didn't have a problem with anakin, it was just palpatine. mace even agreed to anakins wishes to arrest palpatine rather than kill him. mace was going to arrest him, but when it became clear he couldn't thats when he had to try and kill him

Old Post Jun 4th, 2005 11:07 AM