KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Questions

Questions
Started by: Sith Follower

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Sith Follower
Dark Side Disciple

Questions

1. i read that Darth Plagueis had the power to make the midichlorians give life. If this is true, could he be Anakin's "father"?

2. If a Dark Jedi is a Jedi who simply falls to the dark side and does not know the Sith ways, wouldn't Anakin be more of a Dark Jedi?

These are just thoughts of mine. i may be way off. Odds are I am.

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2005 02:17 AM
Click here to Send Sith Follower a Private Message Find more posts by Sith Follower Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
starwarsfreak34
Grand Admiral

most of us fans now agree that plagueis is possibly anakin's 'dad'. as for thedark jedi matter, you could have a point there

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2005 03:01 PM
Click here to Send starwarsfreak34 a Private Message Find more posts by starwarsfreak34 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
orkaz
padawan

wow! that is a very good point... listen guys i want to learn more about star wars universe, but i dont belive in buyin books, any websites were i can check stuff out, i pay the star wars games and i rouhly no about mara jade, but id like to look more into the likes of darth plaguiues

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2005 04:17 PM
Click here to Send orkaz a Private Message Find more posts by orkaz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sith Follower
Dark Side Disciple

Here, man. All about the Sith Lords.
http://thunder.prohosting.com/~spiff/Lords.html

But, I think I am right on Vader being a Dark Jedi. Unless he received some Sith training after Episode III, he isn't truly a Sith.

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2005 07:23 PM
Click here to Send Sith Follower a Private Message Find more posts by Sith Follower Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Achilles X
Restricted

Account Restricted

i dont agree that plagueis created anakin. lucas left it up to the fans anyways, so thinking plagueis is anakins father isnt right or wrong. and during ROTS vaders not a sith, but im sure he was trained by sidious before ANH rolled around.

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2005 07:34 PM
Click here to Send Achilles X a Private Message Find more posts by Achilles X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Achilles X
Restricted

Account Restricted

oh and wikipedia has tons of good info on starwars.

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2005 07:36 PM
Click here to Send Achilles X a Private Message Find more posts by Achilles X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TraptUnderIce
Brand New God

He was trained in the sith ways later on. Wikipedia does have a lot of info.

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2005 07:40 PM
Click here to Send TraptUnderIce a Private Message Find more posts by TraptUnderIce Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
starwarsfreak34
Grand Admiral

quote: (post)
Originally posted by orkaz
wow! that is a very good point... listen guys i want to learn more about star wars universe, but i dont belive in buyin books, any websites were i can check stuff out, i pay the star wars games and i rouhly no about mara jade, but id like to look more into the likes of darth plaguiues

even if you don't want to buy them, still read the books. there one of the best sources of information and they provide many month of happy reading time. (it took me six months to read the entire NJO series from beginning to end--though that record was affected due to school time)

Old Post Jun 4th, 2005 11:35 AM
Click here to Send starwarsfreak34 a Private Message Find more posts by starwarsfreak34 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MYSTICAL BEING
The Paladin Ninja

Of course Vaders a sith. More so than dooku. Palpatines bound to make him study sith holocrons, maybe even visit korriban. a dark jedi is someone who leaves the order out of hate and anger and embraces the dark side. a sith is a follower of the religion of hate and anger, and as anakin follows palpatine, i believe him to be sith.

Old Post Jun 4th, 2005 01:56 PM
Click here to Send MYSTICAL BEING a Private Message Find more posts by MYSTICAL BEING Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperor Revan
Most Powerful Sith Lord

1. EU basically shuts that theory down the tube. Why? Darth Maul. Yep that's right, according to many EU sources, Sidious trained Maul since he was an infant which means Sidious had to be the master meaning he must've already killed Plagueis meaning Plagueis couldn't have been Anakin's "father" since Maul is far older than Anakin.

2. Anakin in ROTS shouldn't have been a Sith lord, he had no Sith teachings whatsoever. I believe Sidious calls him Lord Vader to make him feel more important and Yoda calls him that when he's talking to Obi-Wan to try and get Obi to kill Anakin.

Thanks to Janus for the great Sig.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2005 03:04 AM
Click here to Send Emperor Revan a Private Message Find more posts by Emperor Revan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Spearhead
Prophet

It seemed to me that Palpy implied that Plagueis there taught his apprentice to perform the same arts...and, since Palpy's the apprentice, I got the idea that it was he who conceived Anakin via the Force...

I'm a signature!

Old Post Jun 5th, 2005 03:50 AM
Click here to Send Spearhead a Private Message Find more posts by Spearhead Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperor Revan
Most Powerful Sith Lord

But later Palpy said: "The ability to cheat death is a power only one has achieved." so I don't think it was him either.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2005 04:11 PM
Click here to Send Emperor Revan a Private Message Find more posts by Emperor Revan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fishy

Palpy was lying his ass off when he told Anakin all of that.

Thanks TWelling4Ever

Old Post Jun 5th, 2005 05:02 PM
Click here to Send Fishy a Private Message Find more posts by Fishy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperor Revan
Most Powerful Sith Lord

I agree

Old Post Jun 6th, 2005 03:56 AM
xxxpoppunker182

I KNOW that Plaguis isnt ani's dad lucas has referred to anikin being like jesus AND if plaguis would have done that he would have said somethin to palpatine and palpatine would have had ani before he could have been a slave.

Old Post Jun 6th, 2005 05:05 AM
Click here to Send xxxpoppunker182 a Private Message Find more posts by xxxpoppunker182 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
starwarsfreak34
Grand Admiral

Originally posted by xxxpoppunker182
I KNOW that Plaguis isnt ani's dad lucas has referred to anikin being like jesus AND if plaguis would have done that he would have said somethin to palpatine and palpatine would have had ani before he could have been a slave.

not neccessarily true. palpatine could just have been really clever, knowing that a life of being a slave would impress upon anakin all the emotions the dark side favours, thus giving him an advantage.

in response to emperor revans 1st statement--who said shmi was with child for nine months of so? she could have been carrying anakin around for 15 year, but the foetus didn't grow due to the nature of its concievement. don't forget, padme was only (on average) around 5 months PG with the twins before giving birth. maybe it depends on the planet ur from?

Old Post Jun 6th, 2005 03:55 PM
Slay
Skyhighatrist

Originally posted by xxxpoppunker182

jesus had a father you know.If i believe the bible he had two...

Old Post Jun 6th, 2005 06:59 PM
Click here to Send Slay a Private Message Find more posts by Slay Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperor Revan
Most Powerful Sith Lord

Originally posted by starwarsfreak34
not neccessarily true. palpatine could just have been really clever, knowing that a life of being a slave would impress upon anakin all the emotions the dark side favours, thus giving him an advantage.

in response to emperor revans 1st statement--who said shmi was with child for nine months of so? she could have been carrying anakin around for 15 year, but the foetus didn't grow due to the nature of its concievement. don't forget, padme was only (on average) around 5 months PG with the twins before giving birth. maybe it depends on the planet ur from?

Err, I don't know that for sure but I really think the absolute longest that Annie would've been in there is 15 months and that's a stretch as it is.

Old Post Jun 6th, 2005 08:30 PM