KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Does KotOR 2 diserve RPG of the Year?

Does Kotor2 diserve RPG of 04?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Yes 6 46.15%
No 7 53.85%
Total: 13 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Does KotOR 2 diserve RPG of the Year?
Started by: Nactous

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Nactous
Restricted

Account Restricted

Question Does KotOR 2 diserve RPG of the Year?

Does KotOR 2 desirve G4 RPG of 04?

"The wait is over."

Old Post Jul 13th, 2005 08:42 PM
Click here to Send Nactous a Private Message Find more posts by Nactous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth_Rankkor
Shikido Master

I don't think it does. Not finished too short, though it has visual enhancements and all.

Fear the dark corners

Old Post Jul 13th, 2005 08:45 PM
Click here to Send Darth_Rankkor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth_Rankkor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nactous
Restricted

Account Restricted

I believe we can at least give it that. Although it is no where close to it's predecessor, which was game of the year 2003.

"The wait is over."

Old Post Jul 13th, 2005 08:47 PM
Click here to Send Nactous a Private Message Find more posts by Nactous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Holifyre
Dark Lord

Well I enjoyed playing KotOR2 after getting off of Peragus. That shit scared the crap out of me. It was indeed a good game but obviously rushed at the end. I say it does not deserve top RPG of 2004, but it deserves its spot of the top 10 no doubt.

Old Post Jul 13th, 2005 08:53 PM
Click here to Send Holifyre a Private Message Find more posts by Holifyre Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nactous
Restricted

Account Restricted

It's a good game, but GREAT game like KotOR 1. Oh the memories. They bring tears to my eyes. (sniffle... sniffle) my god I love that game.

"The wait is over."

Old Post Jul 13th, 2005 08:55 PM
Nactous
Restricted

Account Restricted

waaah

"The wait is over."

Old Post Jul 13th, 2005 08:55 PM
RocasAtoll

Jade Empire is more in the running than KOTOR 2.

Old Post Jul 13th, 2005 10:31 PM
Click here to Send RocasAtoll a Private Message Find more posts by RocasAtoll Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Serra_Keto
...Silvertsume's Lover...

I liked the first Kotor waaaay better...

*~Mhm That's Right, Uh Huh Uh Huh~*

Old Post Jul 13th, 2005 11:39 PM
Click here to Send Serra_Keto a Private Message Find more posts by Serra_Keto Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dAngEr_Is_gO!
Celebrity Assassin

Jade Empire is substantially better than KOTORII, but not quite as good as KOTOR.

Old Post Jul 14th, 2005 03:06 AM
Click here to Send dAngEr_Is_gO! a Private Message Find more posts by dAngEr_Is_gO! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

No. It had a crappy ending and the game didn't compare to Kotor I.

Old Post Jul 14th, 2005 03:46 AM
Click here to Send ESB -1138 a Private Message Find more posts by ESB -1138 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Great Vengeance

Some might not agree but I thought kotor II was excellent, It had a level of depth 99% of games dont have.

Old Post Jul 14th, 2005 04:49 AM
Click here to Send Great Vengeance a Private Message Find more posts by Great Vengeance Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Callous
Mitsu Racer Honda Hater

IMO, RPG's suck except for the Final Fantasy series. So I nominate any FF game. (there's about 15 of them) The only video games I really care for are fighting, racing, and shoot 'em ups.

Fighting Game of the Year: Tekken 5
Racing Game of the Year: Midnight Club III: DUB Edition
First Person Shooter of the Year: Hitman: Conracts

Old Post Jul 14th, 2005 06:03 AM
Click here to Send Darth Callous a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Callous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nactous
Restricted

Account Restricted

Hey guess what Diamond Bullets, you can take your Final Fantasy games somewhere else. Tekken 5 isn't even out yet.

"The wait is over."

Old Post Jul 14th, 2005 10:25 AM
Darth Callous
Mitsu Racer Honda Hater

Yeah Tekken 5 is, go to Block Buster or any store. The shit's off the hook too, you like fighting games and I guarantee you'll like it.

Old Post Jul 15th, 2005 03:17 AM
Click here to Send Darth Callous a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Callous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Great Vengeance

quote: (post)
Originally posted by DiamondBullets
IMO, RPG's suck except for the Final Fantasy series. So I nominate any FF game. (there's about 15 of them) The only video games I really care for are fighting, racing, and shoot 'em ups.

First Person Shooter of the Year: Hitman: Conracts

Dont ever say final fantasy within these walls again.

Old Post Jul 15th, 2005 03:41 AM
Click here to Send Great Vengeance a Private Message Find more posts by Great Vengeance Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dAngEr_Is_gO!
Celebrity Assassin

Originally posted by Great Vengeance

First Person Shooter of the Year: Hitman: Conracts .

Hitman Contracts! Argh!! Splinter Cell so owns that game in every way. I went back to Hitman Contracts the other day but I just can't enjoy it as much since playing the Splinter Cell series.

Old Post Jul 15th, 2005 04:12 AM
Click here to Send dAngEr_Is_gO! a Private Message Find more posts by dAngEr_Is_gO! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nactous
Restricted

Account Restricted

Hey, I thought this was about KotOR2. FF games(shivers with disturbing mention of game.0

"The wait is over."

Old Post Jul 16th, 2005 10:56 PM
@stroFan
SMUDGE

I dont think Kotor will win. I thought it was better than the original until the last few hours, than it dropped off horribly. But I dont think Jade Empire is near the level of either Kotor, it was so dumbed down.

What else is nominated?

Made by da Piggle diggle Humsy.

Old Post Jul 16th, 2005 11:12 PM
Click here to Send @stroFan a Private Message Find more posts by @stroFan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nactous
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Ast Rofan
I dont think Kotor will win. I thought it was better than the original until the last few hours, than it dropped off horribly. But I dont think Jade Empire is near the level of either Kotor, it was so dumbed down.

What else is nominated?

What? Saying ROTS is better than KotOR is one thing. Saying KotOR 2 is better than one is like a slap in the face.

"The wait is over."

Old Post Jul 16th, 2005 11:18 PM
@stroFan
SMUDGE

Originally posted by Nactous
What? Saying ROTS is better than KotOR is one thing. Saying KotOR 2 is better than one is like a slap in the face.

Whoa whoa, I didnt say it was, I said it could have been, but the latter parts were terrible. I loved the side stories much better, and the interaction with the party, though I hated Kreia.

Made by da Piggle diggle Humsy.

Old Post Jul 16th, 2005 11:20 PM
Click here to Send @stroFan a Private Message Find more posts by @stroFan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote