KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Are there any villains you agree with?

Are there any villains you agree with?
Started by: SnakeEyes

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
SnakeEyes
Connoisseur

Are there any villains you agree with?

Do you ever agree with a villains motives (EU or the movies) and if so who are they? wink

"Nothing is ever as good as you can imagine it."

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2005 06:02 AM
Click here to Send SnakeEyes a Private Message Find more posts by SnakeEyes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Morridini
Morridini

The Emperor.

He DID bring peace to the galaxy (even though it was because of him there was war in the first place). And there were no need for the Jedi, look at how pathetic the common Jedi Knight/Master was, only a handful of them would have been worth keeping.

Thanks to Raoul for the sig!

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2005 07:38 AM
Click here to Send Morridini a Private Message Find more posts by Morridini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The_God
LOOK AT SIG.

^ Im with him..

DID NOT POST KITTY THREAD...

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2005 07:42 AM
Click here to Send The_God a Private Message Find more posts by The_God Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Hawkeye
Bounty Hunter

I like the idea Revan and Malak had. I wish the republic would of been wiped out for good they should of concentrated on the main leaders and killed them off aren't you tired of hearing about the REPUBLIC's bullcrap and there weak army JUST DIE ALRDY. GO EMPIRE

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2005 08:16 AM
Click here to Send Darth Hawkeye a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Hawkeye Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
InsaneNoodlyGuy
Dark Lord of the Pasta

I believe that (and yeah, blatantly stealing from Vergere here) that there is no Dark Side and the so called skills of that name are closer to the true force because the Dark Siders are being true to their own feelings, not denying them.

Meow! Meow! Meow! Cat chow!! Cease your flatulent winds and hear my mind numbing expulsions of wicked noise!! Grrr!! Cheese!!!

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2005 12:33 PM
Click here to Send InsaneNoodlyGuy a Private Message Find more posts by InsaneNoodlyGuy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Janus Marius
Plo Koon Rulez!

I thought it was quite obvious that darksiders lie to themselves, saying they are being true to themselves in order to justify the acts of hate and aggression that they unleash on the world.

And Sidious did NOT bring peace... he ushered in a new age of suffering and infighting, as slavery was widely practiced, worlds subjugated and tormented on his rule... rebellion at every corner. As a result of Sidious' machinations, the most peaceful planet in the known galaxy was destroyed.

Bring peace my ass.

As for Malak, he was a butcher and nothing more. He had no more ambition save make the galaxy his and if possibly, crush it in the process. Revan, however, uses the morality of a field general in that "anything I have to use I will use, just to win." I can't say I agree with him, but if his actions prove to be for the better of the Republic, then perhaps he is the only villain I agree with.

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2005 03:17 PM
Click here to Send Janus Marius a Private Message Find more posts by Janus Marius Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Caltor

jango fett... he fought partly for his mando friends which the jedi whiped out which i agree with

revan he turned on the republic to save it

Through strength I gain power
Through power I gain victory
Through victory my chains are broken
The Force shall set me free

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2005 03:27 PM
Click here to Send Lord Caltor a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Caltor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
InsaneNoodlyGuy
Dark Lord of the Pasta

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Darth_Janus
I thought it was quite obvious that darksiders lie to themselves, saying they are being true to themselves in order to justify the acts of hate and aggression that they unleash on the world.

Arent they though? What is easier? To hate, fear and attack, or to purge, to remain tranquil and calm? To feel, to lust, to want, or to deny, to abstain, to put aside? What is truer to basic nature?

The Jedi claim to serve the forces will, but if the force is all living things, the sith and their emotions make them closer to the true force then the Jedi. Note I don't say perfect. The sith are massivly flawed in several ways, namely that they disrupt balance with their excess, though that is a a common enough problem in nature. Perfect harmony is less seen.

Some would say Anakin fell from the light side despite his immense force power. I'd say he failed because of it.

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2005 03:36 PM
Click here to Send InsaneNoodlyGuy a Private Message Find more posts by InsaneNoodlyGuy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

Count Dooku:
He saw corruption in the Senate and he wanted it changed.

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2005 04:13 PM
Click here to Send ESB -1138 a Private Message Find more posts by ESB -1138 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Commander Duck
The Expendable Jedi

His master caused most of that corruption...

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2005 05:08 PM
Click here to Send Commander Duck a Private Message Find more posts by Commander Duck Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
InsaneNoodlyGuy
Dark Lord of the Pasta

Palpatine didn't make the Old Republic as bad as it was. We saw it's decline in Episode I, while he was still but a humble Nabooian senator. He just took advantage of what he saw as a golden opportunity. I'd imagine the Senate had been in decline for decades.

Meow! Meow! Meow! Cat chow!! Cease your flatulent winds and hear my mind numbing expulsions of wicked noise!! Grrr!! Cheese!!!

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2005 05:17 PM
RocasAtoll

Originally posted by InsaneNoodlyGuy
I believe that (and yeah, blatantly stealing from Vergere here) that there is no Dark Side and the so called skills of that name are closer to the true force because the Dark Siders are being true to their own feelings, not denying them.

Holy shit I already hate you. GL's whole idea of Star Wars is based off of Dark Side and Light Side. So shove that up your ass.

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2005 05:31 PM
Click here to Send RocasAtoll a Private Message Find more posts by RocasAtoll Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Originally posted by HimoKun
Holy shit I already hate you. GL's whole idea of Star Wars is based off of Dark Side and Light Side. So shove that up your ass.
LMAO! Yeah, NJO sux moose testicles.

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2005 05:46 PM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Janus Marius
Plo Koon Rulez!

Originally posted by InsaneNoodlyGuy
Arent they though? What is easier? To hate, fear and attack, or to purge, to remain tranquil and calm? To feel, to lust, to want, or to deny, to abstain, to put aside? What is truer to basic nature?

The Jedi claim to serve the forces will, but if the force is all living things, the sith and their emotions make them closer to the true force then the Jedi. Note I don't say perfect. The sith are massivly flawed in several ways, namely that they disrupt balance with their excess, though that is a a common enough problem in nature. Perfect harmony is less seen.

Some would say Anakin fell from the light side despite his immense force power. I'd say he failed because of it.

Easier is not neccessarily better. Being a Jedi requires self control and discipline. Being a Sith requires being little more than an animal. Whereas Jedi seek to find balance and harmony with all living things and strive for perfection in being, Sith and darksiders seek to dominate all living things and strive for perfection in destruction.

The Jedi claim to serve the Force's will as they see it, and the Sith care nothing for the will of the Force and only for themselves. Which sounds more reasonable to you... The collected teachings and learnings of a good-aligned society that has spent thousands upon thousands of years trying to bring good to all... Or delve into the quick and easy way of the Sith... only to die a short, miserable death at the hands of someone you may have known or trusted?

The Sith are not any closer to perfection in being by simply giving in to their base, inner natures. If anything, they are forsaking their logical brain, something only an advanced sentient (human or otherwise) actually has control of. It's not as if people are just mynocks flying around, chewing on power cables because they have instinct to do so. Human beings (and in SW, other sentients) possess a mind that is capable of obstract thinking and rational thought. The mind craves things that make sense, but in order to find those things one must not let the truth be drowned out by the primal urges.

So in short, the villains of Star Wars are incapable of being true to themselves and to the universe as a whole, because they are negatively-driven beasts in a sentient's skin. Whereas the Jedi are enlightened sentients who value themselves and others.

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2005 09:05 PM
Click here to Send Janus Marius a Private Message Find more posts by Janus Marius Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Man, I can hear GL crying...

In Star Wars, the bad guys are EVIL. That is the point. If you agree with them... that is a very worrying statement about you.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2005 10:29 PM
Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

Originally posted by Ushgarak
Man, I can hear GL crying...

In Star Wars, the bad guys are EVIL. That is the point. If you agree with them... that is a very worrying statement about you.

But Dooku was trying to remove corruption from the Senate and Anakin was fighting for someone he loved.

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2005 10:39 PM
Click here to Send ESB -1138 a Private Message Find more posts by ESB -1138 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Dooku and Palpatine were creating that corruption, and Anakin slaughtered hundreds of innocents. no expression

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2005 10:50 PM
Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rand al'Thor
Restricted

Account Restricted

The one thing about KOTOR that confused me was, Kreia stated that, Revan unlike the other Sith was true to himself never truly fell (I could be wrong since its sorta hard to read diologue files).

Duty is heavier than a mountain death lighter than a feather.

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2005 11:17 PM
Click here to Send Rand al'Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Rand al'Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xxxpoppunker182

well i agree with revan on the i'm gonna do what i want to and if you're gonna try and stop me then try. i think he had a good punk attitude and thats what i'm all about do what you want to and he was tryin to save the galaxy as his overall goal.

and boba he had the same kinda attitude.

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2005 11:29 PM
Click here to Send xxxpoppunker182 a Private Message Find more posts by xxxpoppunker182 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
InsaneNoodlyGuy
Dark Lord of the Pasta

As the Majority of the Galaxy does not involve sentients, but rather the hard rules of nature (Strong survive, weak perish/suffer by the strong). If anything, enlightened sentients who value themselves and others are closer to being unnatural. Having people you care about sure, but caring about everybody? I won't deny that if it worked we'd have a perfect Utopia, but did it work for the Republic? Nope. It fell apart because of it's own massive corrpution (which would have to around long before Palpatine got to work) allowing Palpatine to get as far as he did. He made things much worse once he got in office, of course, but he was just the infection on an already open and bleeding mortal wound.

Easier isn't better, no. The question is why is it easier. And why indeed? Because it is consistent with sentient nature. If it wasn't a natural state, it wouldn't be so damn easy.

Jedi claim to serve the force. But force has no preferance toward Good and Evil. These are sentient concepts. If it did prefer "Good", it wouldn't let the sith be so damn strong. It sure as hell wouldn't let "the balance" be restored by killing off everybody and starting anew.

Old Post Aug 4th, 2005 03:57 AM